Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Opinions on Site + Forum link

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello to all.

First i would like to say that i've been searching a few days now fo a way to to do what i've already seen in other MuServers and I can't find the best way to do it.

So, lest image the following scenario.

I have two machines (home/dedicated/VPS/ no matter) One runs GameServer, the other will run WebServer (probably apache xampp)

In the WebServer I'll use my website (WebEngineCMS or similar if compatible with season 12)
and I am considering installing Vanilla Forum (maybe another? which?) in the /forum section of my website.

Ok now. By default Mu Web Sites uses MSSQL Server connection and access MuOnline database while other platforms such as forum use MySQL and could use MSSQL.

My questions is.

I want both to share database info. Ex. User registry in my website and with the same login/password he can access the forum, best if it shares login session so it can be logged in automatically if already logged in the one or the other.

How is the best way to achieve this?

Back