Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Questions about Moss gamble and custom monsters

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, i have some questions without reply and i looking for answers. Maybe people with a lot of experience in this game in client/files side can help me.

I'm planning some ideas for a project (MU Offline, maybe there is people with the same idea or name, but this would be my version of MU Offline xD) This are the questions:

1º) Custom Moss with new item types for gamble?

I like this system, inspired in D2 gamble system. One way to spend a lot of zen trying to get something worth. This is perfect to MU Offline because the zen have few uses (chaos machine crafts, seed and potions etc....) and this can help you to be in 0 zen easily xD. I saw in the server files uses 5 items (called gamble_itemtype.bmd) (this is the item graphic with yellow interrogation sign), so i think the item list and chance would be in client files. If i want add new item types to gamble i need add new files and editing some file list? Is possible? and easy or hard? i would like add helms, armor, boots, gloves, pants, rings and amulets item types. If not is possible or is a headache, i can use Chaos Card system xD.

2º) New enemies based in character models

I saw Doppelganger event, that uses character models with determinated gear, this gives me another idea, make a "Evil Mutizens" (or "PK bots"), similar to exiles (enemies based in characters with determinated gear) that attack you in Path of Exile. This would be a "custom event", similar to invasions, but this time with this new enemies. This would need add new monsters to server side and client side right?

This is all for now, i hope someone can give me some info about it.

Greetings!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
why dont make it like diablo 2 single player style?

That is the idea. Moss only offer you weapons, i want to add gear items (helmets, armors, pants etc....) but i don't know where is the gamble table for edit the rates and see the itemlist (it is in client side i think, because in the server files i didn't see it). Time ago i tested with chaos cards, with custom NPC that sell you basic chaos card for zen, and after, you change them in the wizard for random items (here we can do custom tables for a itemlist) and works well too, but if is possible, i prefer edit Moss, he has the system done, only need add more item types to him.

Greetings!

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I thought it would be nice to introduce minigames such as slots or poker there in order to make players more fun, because the plot of the game is pretty boring. This is my personal opinion, but it seems to me that many will support it. In addition, it seems to me that this will be impossible to do because we should not forget that most of the players are children ... However, imagine how cool it would be if you could play slots there like on . I usually play slots there and it is very relaxing ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back