Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Setup Online Mu server with domain DDNS on Router (not Modem)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hope someone experienced this one and have solution :D

I want to create a server with dynamic address (xxx.mine.nu from DDNS).
I have modem with DDNS support but it's used for Camera service already. So I have to use DDNS from another Router, which connect to modem. My PC also connect to that Router as well.

My Router WAN IP: 192.168.1.109
My Local IP: 192.168.11.150
My domain: xxx.mine.nu

I have use that domain with username & password filled in DDNS tab in Router already, everything correct.
I have already did port forwarding on all ports (80,44405, 55557, 55900, 55909, I am using SmileYzn server so these ports should be enough) with my Local IP (192.168.11.150)

For server, I use domain (xxx.mine.nu) for Connect Server & MapServerInfo, the rest keep 127.0.0.1

When I run client from the host PC (the one with server setup), it connect to the game.
When I run from PC far away (not in the same LAN), it disconnect from the game.

I believe it's the problem with domain/Router WAN IP or something under that but can't solve this.

Hope anyone can help.

Thanks,

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
did setup in host file ur ddns? made another ddns?

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
did setup in host file ur ddns? made another ddns?

Hi, I am not get your point yet. The host has no problem.
It works if I use the host (xxx.mine.nu) in modem (from the Internet Service Provider) but doesnt work if use host through Router (connect to modem)

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, I am not get your point yet. The host has no problem.
It works if I use the host (xxx.mine.nu) in modem (from the Internet Service Provider) but doesnt work if use host through Router (connect to modem)
nvm, though u want to create dynamic address. GL

Upvote 0
Reaction score
First of all you dont need to open all these ports u mentioned.. u just need 44405,55901,55919 (JS,GS,GS_CS) and 80 for web if u have one. Secondly your IP (XXX.MINE.NU) must be set only in 2 places.. serverlist config in CNNECTSERVER and Map serverinfo just like u said. if its port problem then run again server and go to and put 44405 and check if port is running.. if Error then thats the issue.. if Success then i bet is client editing IP issue or something similar to configuring problem.

ps: be sure u portforward on your ACTUAL MODEM IP!

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Does anyone know how a cheap router differs from an expensive one? I bought a fairly cheap router, but it works fine

Mostly, like 70% of the time, for the expansive routers on the market you are paying the brand. Every router does the same thing, but some of the expansive ones can include other management tools which are easier and better, a more stable firmware, a better remote administration, even a cloud-like storing and accessing files from an USB drive inserted into the router, a better firewall, anti-DDOS system, etc..., and maybe tons of other tools which are lacking on the cheap routers.

Overall, if you are running multiple applications that requires opening a port over WAN, yes, cheap routers should do the trick too. Cheap routers are most likely not gigabit routers (supporting 1024Mbps connections). Every brand is having probably their own cheap models.

If you are into electronics, most of the time, routers are using almost the same electronical scheme, so there are not many differences between cheap models or expansive models regarding connectivity, power supply, but it their CPU can differ. Router's concepts are like Arduinos or Raspberry PIs (Microcontrollers) with just a management software installed on a memory and using a DHCP server, Wi-Fi transceivers for creating Wi-Fi hotspots (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz or even multiple Wi-Fi Hotspots - greater than 2 as the cheap routers can do), etc.

I hope I gave you a complex enough answer xDD

Hope someone experienced this one and have solution :D

I want to create a server with dynamic address (xxx.mine.nu from DDNS).
I have modem with DDNS support but it's used for Camera service already. So I have to use DDNS from another Router, which connect to modem. My PC also connect to that Router as well.

My Router WAN IP: 192.168.1.109
My Local IP: 192.168.11.150
My domain: xxx.mine.nu

I have use that domain with username & password filled in DDNS tab in Router already, everything correct.
I have already did port forwarding on all ports (80,44405, 55557, 55900, 55909, I am using SmileYzn server so these ports should be enough) with my Local IP (192.168.11.150)

For server, I use domain (xxx.mine.nu) for Connect Server & MapServerInfo, the rest keep 127.0.0.1

When I run client from the host PC (the one with server setup), it connect to the game.
When I run from PC far away (not in the same LAN), it disconnect from the game.

I believe it's the problem with domain/Router WAN IP or something under that but can't solve this.

Hope anyone can help.

Thanks,

If you are having this: My Router WAN IP: 192.168.1.109 this means you are connecting through a gateway router which is 192.168.1.1.

Let's say this: 192.168.1.109 is ROUTER 2 and 192.168.1.1 is ROUTER 1

ROUTER 2 is connected to ROUTER 1 with 192.168.1.109 LAN Address.

If your Mu Online server is running under a PC Server (with LAN IP 192.168.2.100) connected to ROUTER 2, then you have to port-forward the ports 80, 44405, 55557, 55900, 55909 on the ROUTER 2 under the static IP 192.168.2.100.

Then, go to ROUTER 1 and port forward the same ports as you did on ROUTER 2, but under ROUTER 2's IP.

This way, you opened the ports on both routers.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
listen you must config your domain name servers to AAAA record to your ip so after that put on startupserver your local ip - for data server joinserver etc and on iplist on data folder put your DOMAIN and on data/lang/cor(/chs etc.) common file put your DOMAIN and Thats it put to the connect server your domain to

Upvote 0
Reaction score
listen you must config your domain name servers to AAAA record to your ip so after that put on startupserver your local ip - for data server joinserver etc and on iplist on data folder put your DOMAIN and on data/lang/cor(/chs etc.) common file put your DOMAIN and Thats it put to the connect server your domain to

He is using a Dynamic DNS service, such as NO-IP xD And his router is having a DDNS support meaning that his router is sending to the DDNS service his current public IP, and his IP is linked to his domain(***.mine.nu). He is hosting the server by himself, no VPS. But his problem is that he's having 2 routers and the server is connected to the second router and the second router is connected to the first one, so he needs to port forward on both routers so he can go public xD

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
aaaaaaaa right now i understand before years i RUN RIGHT WITH 2 RUTERS A SERVER AND THIS CAN BE DONE :)
if one ruter 192.168.0.1 and second is 192.168.1.1 and you connected to the second and your ip is 192.168.1.111 for example make on the first ruter port foward to 192.168.1.111 to your WAN IP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS IT AND ON The files who i said PUT YOUR WAN IP THATS ALL ITS SO SIMPLE JUST NEED BRAIN

Upvote 0
Back