Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Suggestion: Starting a season 6 Private Server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi everyone, happy to have read a lot of useful data and content here.
Thank yo so much to the GM and mods here.

We plan to setup a private server for season 6.

An experienced MU admin advised us this plan:

1. Buy the files from MU Engine -- $280+
  2. Get the 500 players pack from MU Engine
  3. Get 2 Admins for the game -- $2,000 / month
  4. Get 2 customer support -- $600 / month
  5. Get A web developer to do the website - $300 one time
  6. On call game dev at $50/hour

Figures are ballpark as recommended.
Is this to much?

Let me know if there are better options?
Or experienced game devs and admins that has better rate to help us.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Hey.
Firstly i am not sure how much of Experience you have with Mu Servers configuring/coding and/or server setup/website/antihack etc..
Anyways about your plan:
Buy the files from MU Engine -- $280+
- I never hear good words about mu engine.. so i dont recommend it either.
- Good files on the market are : IGCN,X-Team as far as i know.
But also remember it depends what features you want in game!
Get 2 Admins for the game -- $2,000 / month
- you really wanna pay 2.000 a month for mu admins? hire me in :)
No but seriously.. it sounds professional but can you define admins for the game? are they game masters who do events and such or admins who fix bugs/help config the server/ add events/ spots etc? 2.000$ is not a joke and i wouldn't want anyone to get tricked so beware...
Get 2 customer support -- $600 / month
- same thing here.. beware who you hire and be sure you make CONTRACTS for them to work professionaly with signing and full address etc... is very hard to trust anybody nowdays just because someone says 'he knows'
Get A web developer to do the website - $300 one time
- you can buy muonlinewebsCMS or DmNCMS for cheaper price. Or even use the nulled ones.. or yeah sure 300$ for a fresh nice muonline web with integrated forum or / and facebook registration etc. Website is worth it.. but just as i said there are cheaper ways with websites that are already out on the market for better prices.
On call game dev at $50/hour
if you have game developer then u wouldnt need to get any premium files, cus probably a game developer (for the server files and client side) he will find some existing open source files like IGCN/muemu season 6 and work with the source and thats it. But be sure you are hiring a MU Developer cus they know how the mu files and sources work.. other freelancers will first have to learn and that will cost u even more.

PS:
you will need antihack which for sure will cost around 25-35$ monthly
then you will need advertising plan strategy (if you really going serious serious)
then you will need a good hosting server and webserver
you might also even need a Graphic Designer (for your web) and maybe even for game content/skins etc
and there are more optional things...
Someone who will write the content.. for the website news/announcements/events etc. (or u do it)

nowdays you can make a server for entirely free honestly, ofcourse some features might be bugged/non working/disabled but it all goes back to what server are u making.

So what do you really want? you decide ! :)
edit: which experienced mu admin adviced u this plan? if u can tell.. if u can't maybe PM me :) i'm really curious.

Upvote 0
Voyager of Time and Space
Reaction score
If you're looking to do a top serious commercial server then i guess what Karli say makes perfect sense-
But if you want to make a server for your friends and probably want some people in i'd say cut off most of the staff and development costs and go for SCFMT/TT Files, See karli's thread for this http://forum.ragezone.com/f197/release-muservices-s6-3-customized-1055512/.

You can pretty much do everything yourself if you have free time and interest and makes it better since if a problem occurs you'll know whats wrong yourself instead of waiting for people you entrusted in to fix it for you, Of course that doesn't include web developing and security though since that's a whole other area.

Well, you probably didn't need this but i'll still put it in incase someone wants to make a server and thinks you need to pay thousands when you can just start with money for hosting. This road isn't easy though.

Upvote 0
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
tbh all you need to spend money in is a good hosting and antihack, there are some good cms for free or nulled (webengine, dmncms, etc.) as for server files you have muemu season 6 (x-team).

if you really wanna spend money on server files you should buy x-team or igcn i wouldn't recommend anything else for season 6, as for website you could buy dmncms or if you buy from IGCN get imperiaCMS i think its called.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey.
Firstly i am not sure how much of Experience you have with Mu Servers configuring/coding and/or server setup/website/antihack etc..
Anyways about your plan:
Buy the files from MU Engine -- $280+
- I never hear good words about mu engine.. so i dont recommend it either.
- Good files on the market are : IGCN,X-Team as far as i know.
But also remember it depends what features you want in game!
Get 2 Admins for the game -- $2,000 / month
- you really wanna pay 2.000 a month for mu admins? hire me in :)
No but seriously.. it sounds professional but can you define admins for the game? are they game masters who do events and such or admins who fix bugs/help config the server/ add events/ spots etc? 2.000$ is not a joke and i wouldn't want anyone to get tricked so beware...
Get 2 customer support -- $600 / month
- same thing here.. beware who you hire and be sure you make CONTRACTS for them to work professionaly with signing and full address etc... is very hard to trust anybody nowdays just because someone says 'he knows'
Get A web developer to do the website - $300 one time
- you can buy muonlinewebsCMS or DmNCMS for cheaper price. Or even use the nulled ones.. or yeah sure 300$ for a fresh nice muonline web with integrated forum or / and facebook registration etc. Website is worth it.. but just as i said there are cheaper ways with websites that are already out on the market for better prices.
On call game dev at $50/hour
if you have game developer then u wouldnt need to get any premium files, cus probably a game developer (for the server files and client side) he will find some existing open source files like IGCN/muemu season 6 and work with the source and thats it. But be sure you are hiring a MU Developer cus they know how the mu files and sources work.. other freelancers will first have to learn and that will cost u even more.

PS:
you will need antihack which for sure will cost around 25-35$ monthly
then you will need advertising plan strategy (if you really going serious serious)
then you will need a good hosting server and webserver
you might also even need a Graphic Designer (for your web) and maybe even for game content/skins etc
and there are more optional things...
Someone who will write the content.. for the website news/announcements/events etc. (or u do it)

nowdays you can make a server for entirely free honestly, ofcourse some features might be bugged/non working/disabled but it all goes back to what server are u making.

So what do you really want? you decide ! :)
edit: which experienced mu admin adviced u this plan? if u can tell.. if u can't maybe PM me :) i'm really curious.
I love your effort in providing an honest answer.

Will message you soon after a week. Pretty full this week Karli, hope you will still be available.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To be honest. Please dont listen to long stories on ragezone.
You never seen top MuOnline Server posting in Ragezone or ever on ragezone.
:D This is the sad truth. so basically most of the chit chat here are just here for the free files or just to scam newbies.

Setting up a server

1. Buy the files from MU Engine -- $280+
  2. Get the 500 players pack from MU Engine
  3. Get 2 Admins for the game -- $2,000 / month -- Scam
  4. Get 2 customer support -- $600 / month -- Scam
  5. Get A web developer to do the website - $300 one time
  6. On call game dev at $50/hour -- Scam

Trust me. The rest are really free and you can it from tutorials easy as hell

Upvote 0
Back