Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[need help ] xampp / vps

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Guys how many Player can handle on VPS 4GB Ram. ? because i always encounter when 50 to up players Something wrong happens Sometimes all players disconnect and Sometimes website/Server its hard to access...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [need help ]

4GB ram is usually R.I.P when you run your server by it's self don't even know how your able to hold 50 players with it.. But if you plan to have a full fledge server upgrade to 8 ram if your just wanting around 50 players. More players = Higher Ram

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

don't run gameserver and webserver in once host.

Upvote 0

cMu

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

i run them in one host but can you teach me how to separate them ?
Hey, you need enable remote sql server connection (you can find a lot of guides at google and youtube), then you open port 1433 and when install web or connecting to sql in config.php or i dont know, any program or something you just put at Connecthost or something IP:1433 (IP=VPS IP)

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

tips:
-to avoid a brute force login attack, open port 1433 but set allowed connect only from the webserver ip address.
-and don't use xampp

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Xampp is okay if your using it for a development and not a public use. But i do agree with MyHeart on this one.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Also here :) :

Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score

i still dont know how to do if i stop using Xampp so i start using webhost that support ms-sql ? or buy onother vps then put web on that ?
istill dont know what to do to make server safe :3

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Example is here: buy a web host. Webhost is server safe. Xampp is not server safe.

Upvote 0
Novice C++
Reaction score

What is IIS ?

Internet Information Services is an extensible web server created by Microsoft for use with the Windows NT family. IIS supports HTTP, HTTP/2, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS, SMTP and NNTP.

Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score

Internet Information Services is an extensible web server created by Microsoft for use with the Windows NT family. IIS supports HTTP, HTTP/2, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS, SMTP and NNTP.

Thanks Buddy ill try this one

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I used to host server and web in one vps, but then web started to load slower and slower, eventually i decided to get seperated host for web which is way better, it feels better. Web is faster, vps for mu server now eats less CPU. Running web and server together for me was very CPU unfriendly. So in the end i got webhost from sovahost.net they have very great client service, they will help you with most things, atleast for me when i got this web on their webhost i had some issues - the client service guy and me spent together 11hours figuring out stuff so they are really dedicated to help you out. Also those packages are kinda cheap, but dont get 'starter' pack - 1GB storage is very small. Add 2 more euros and get 'Business' pack with unlimited storage. You should be golden!

Upvote 0
Back