Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Do you know packet's encryption for Webzen Season 11

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I work on Wireshark dissector in Lua for the MU Online protocol. I chose Lua because it can be modified without compilation. An encryption is performed by Crypto++ library and I used LuaWrapper for calling C++ functions from Lua.
Do you know if MU packets are encrypted in the same way like in season 8 or 9?
If the encryption steps are the same then I'm looking for CryptoManager keys for DES_XEX3 algorithm and XOR.
If somebody will help me then I will release the Wireshark dissector in two or three months due to my limited time.
It will be a beta version with a part of messages decoded and described. The MU protocol reverse engineering process is an extremely time-consuming. With this tool I will give you a chance to decode and describe the rest of messages. It is not possible to use this dissector to modify received messages and cheat.
I hope that in the future somebody will use our work to prepare the gameserver for season 11 and above.

Thanks,

Back