Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Port Forward Problem. (No Luck Tried everything)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have this problem if any of u using Virgin Media 3.0 Thats the rooter im using to Port Forward the ports. I tried everything from Windows firewall to changing my dinamic IP to Static , Port worwarding the ports on my router no luck what so ever. So is there any whay i can still Port foward anything thank u for ur information.

Reaction score
Okay. First of all. You are sure Virgin Media 3.0 it's a router? The Internet is going from outside into this router?

If the answer is yes, then you should connect to this router with the server computer first and make sure your router doesn't get Internet from another router. After that, port forward those ports on both TCP and UDP using your server computer local IP address (192.168.*.*).

If your Virgin Media router(Let's name it B - the one which you are connecting to with the server computer) is connected to another router(to Router A), you need to port forward the ports with the local IP assigned by the Router A for Router B and after that you need to port forward the ports with your server computer local IP address in Router B.

E.g of connection and port forwarding in case of multiple routers:

Router A ----------------------- Router B------------------------------Your Server Computer(SERVER)
(192.168.1.1)----------------(192.168.2.1)------------------------------------(192.168.2.100)

Router B will have an IP address assigned by Router A. Let's say 192.168.1.2(same network as Router A).

• Port forward in ROUTER A --> 192.168.1.2 and the ports you wanna forward
  • Port forward in ROUTER B --> 192.168.2.100 and the ports you wanna forward
  • After port forwarding, restart the routers, even this is not always necessary, but it's better to do it

If neither of this is working for you, then I'm thinking of a port forward restriction from your ISP.

Good luck. xD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just curious, how do you know its NOT working? ))
Have you double checked with something like this?

If your port shows open then its fine.

Remember that if you do not have NAT Loopback enabled you won't be able to access your own public IP e.g. from web browser.
You still have to use internal ip, 192.168.0.x.

It either this or what zipper suggested ))

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just curious, how do you know its NOT working? ))
Have you double checked with something like this?

If your port shows open then its fine.

Remember that if you do not have NAT Loopback enabled you won't be able to access your own public IP e.g. from web browser.
You still have to use internal ip, 192.168.0.x.

It either this or what zipper suggested ))

Because i port forwarded before, but it's been about 3 to 4 years since i done something like this again, on SKY internet i had before i had no problem port forwad. On this IP i have Dinamic IP so assuming the port forwarding won't work unles i have static IP. And yes i checked. The ports still closed no mater what i did. and if is ISP restricting how can i unrestrict it?

Okay. First of all. You are sure Virgin Media 3.0 it's a router? The Internet is going from outside into this router?

If the answer is yes, then you should connect to this router with the server computer first and make sure your router doesn't get Internet from another router. After that, port forward those ports on both TCP and UDP using your server computer local IP address (192.168.*.*).

If your Virgin Media router(Let's name it B - the one which you are connecting to with the server computer) is connected to another router(to Router A), you need to port forward the ports with the local IP assigned by the Router A for Router B and after that you need to port forward the ports with your server computer local IP address in Router B.

E.g of connection and port forwarding in case of multiple routers:

Router A ----------------------- Router B------------------------------Your Server Computer(SERVER)
(192.168.1.1)----------------(192.168.2.1)------------------------------------(192.168.2.100)

Router B will have an IP address assigned by Router A. Let's say 192.168.1.2(same network as Router A).

• Port forward in ROUTER A --> 192.168.1.2 and the ports you wanna forward
  • Port forward in ROUTER B --> 192.168.2.100 and the ports you wanna forward
  • After port forwarding, restart the routers, even this is not always necessary, but it's better to do it

If neither of this is working for you, then I'm thinking of a port forward restriction from your ISP.

Good luck. xD

Yes Virgins media 3.0 i got only 1 router Virgin media box and nothing else is connected. Router to the PC with LAN cable. Because im IP is Dynamic i changed to static thru setting on internet options. what should i do if my ISP is restriced ? and how to find out

UPDATE!

When first i opened 8080 port it was closed. As soon as i installed xampp and run apache checked it and the port showed me it's open and the xampp and 8080 ports work perfectly so i don't understand why the 44405 and other ports don't work ?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
From my experience, you can't set static IP like this(using Internet Options thing).

That actually could be your main problem. Did you set the static IP in Internet Options --> Connections --> LAN -> Check Automatic Configuration Script --> Type the IP Address?

If yes, that's not a WAN IP being static and I think that's the reason you can't connect. I think your port forwarding was working correctly. I suggest leaving it like it was, before you made it "static" and try again.

The WAN IP is what the public is seeing. LAN is what your local network is seeing.
So, you can't assign your own public IP address. Only LAN IPs can be static in your case by adding the MAC address into the reservation list in your router.

Your IP is assigned by your Internet Service Provider and the only way you can make it "static" is by having the possibility of using a DNS service provided by your ISP or using the NO-IP.org service(which is commonly used by everyone I think when there's no DNS service option) or call your ISP and ask them if they can make it static(usually the static IPs are assigned by ISP for companies, otherwise, there's no need for you to have a static IP).

Anyway, you sure you configured the server files correctly?
The server IP in the main.exe is set correctly?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Finally all the PORTS ARE OPEN!!!! And i managed to Run the server and connect it!
Thank u so much for all your help!

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Finally all the PORTS ARE OPEN!!!! And i managed to Run the server and connect it!
Thank u so much for all your help!

Can you tell us what did you do to make it OPEN. It is also my problem here. All ports are closed. And i've seen so many same problem in here like you had. You could help other's like me by telling us what really did you do. Thank you and God Bless. More Power.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you tell us what did you do to make it OPEN. It is also my problem here. All ports are closed. And i've seen so many same problem in here like you had. You could help other's like me by telling us what really did you do. Thank you and God Bless. More Power.

Right, this how it all started.
I Tried to open 8080 port and it was closed Opened under TCP. So i downloaded xampp and runned it then i checked if still giving me error that the port is closed when i checked said it's open and finally worked.

For Ports 44405 (TCP), 55901(UDP) , 55919(UDP) because i live in UK and using Virgin Media 3.0 Gives me to choose TCP or UDP or BOTH so i used the correct connections 44405 - (TCP), 55901 - (UDP) , 55919 - (UDP). At first it showed me that the ports are not open so i thought that maybe my Windows Firewall is blocking the connection so i portforward thru Firewall to Inbound and Outbound traffic and still didin't work. Then i thouht maybe because my IP is Dinamic always changing and thats why it don't let PortForward but i remembered i Port Forwarded my Dinamic IP before and worked so it should'nt be it. So Then i changed my IPv4 from 0.1 to 0.**0
for static IP but then i realised u can't make ur IP static using this procedure. So then i Tried to run my server and Got (JoinServer Connect Fail) Error after i Cleared this Error:
[h=1][ SQL Server ] + [ Database ] + [ IP Configuration ] - [/h]After watching this video i was finally able to run my server. Then i checked my ports again if they still blocked and when my servers where on showed me that PORTS are open and i was able to connect to the server.
It's not 100% working fix but everyone can try. If this don't work then like a commenter said ur ISP my be blocking the connection.
And never turn off ur Farewall as you need it to run your connections.

Upvote 0
Back