Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Question] About Creating MuOnline

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,
I want to ask few question about how to create MuOnline server on VPS/VDS.

1. Witch is better VPS or VDS for hosting of MuOnline server?
2. What Season would you suggest of installing to make people interested in joining the game?
3. Any good host suggestions ?
4. If i would install let's say Season 6 Episode 3, or season 9 what VPS or VDS i should order?

I hope you can answer them to help me. On PC i know how to make the server easy,
however it's not the same as making on VPS/VDS i think.
So this would be my first time installing it.

Thanks, regards Evaldas.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
  • 1. I have only use VPS so i recommend them.
  • 2. Probably newer seasons as more people play them.
  • 3. Host suggestion LGHost,OVH,GreenCloud VPS
  • 4. This honestly depends on how many players you want or how many your server can hold. For starting 4 GB ram and a dual core processer VPS should do okay for maybe 50-100 players but any higher you want higher specs.

Making the server on the VPS is a lot easier because you don't even have to portforward the ports. In my opinion it usually took me on 15-20 mins to set up a full server on a vps.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
  • 1. I have only use VPS so i recommend them.
  • 2. Probably newer seasons as more people play them.
  • 3. Host suggestion LGHost,OVH,GreenCloud VPS
  • 4. This honestly depends on how many players you want or how many your server can hold. For starting 4 GB ram and a dual core processer VPS should do okay for maybe 50-100 players but any higher you want higher specs.

Making the server on the VPS is a lot easier because you don't even have to portforward the ports. In my opinion it usually took me on 15-20 mins to set up a full server on a vps.

Thanks for the information, you are great help.
I know that you don't have to portforward the ports , but you see i just don't know what steps i should take and what files to add first in the VPS to make the server correctly is it the same principal as normal creation of MuOnline on PC?

And you said:
For starting 4 GB ram and a dual core processer VPS should do okay for maybe 50-100 players but any higher you want higher specs.

I head that it depends of the seasons the new versions takes more or something like that.

And would be able to pint point me to the right direction how to create the server on VPS?

Cheers Regards,
Evaldas.

Whatever you do don't use LGHost its ran by an immature person, as well as horrible support.

Hello, aznrob

Did you had any issues regarding the LGHost?

Regards,
Evaldas.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
1. VPS or VDS same thing, just VDS maybe is better for FPS performance games (same with normal dedi server)
2. season 6 / season 9 / season 10+ thats what ppl mostly looking for.
3. i use always sovahost.net and they also have packages for muonline check my signature if u like, doesnt really much matter which host, as long as the support and ddos protection is good you are good to go.
4. i'd say atleast 4GB ram and 3 CPU cores + good connection and its fine.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry not on here much at all. But newer seasons do require a little better hardware but not much. As long as your modifying the client on your personal desktop and don't plan to on the vps because the client is a ram/cpu eater heavily. OVH is the best choice in VPS to me there cheap and effective. You will need a windows OS with the specs me and KarLi both said but if your going with s9 or s12 i would recommend a little more higher ram maybe 6 or 8. Creating a server on the VPS is exactly the same as it would be on a local machine. Accept you just put the public ip and no port forwarding is necessary. The only thing you have to do is either turn off the firewall or allow the ports through the firewall. But as KarLi said make sure you anti-ddos protection and a good one cause you will get DDOS a lot. Especially as the server starts to grow.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. VPS or VDS same thing, just VDS maybe is better for FPS performance games (same with normal dedi server)
2. season 6 / season 9 / season 10+ thats what ppl mostly looking for.
3. i use always sovahost.net and they also have packages for muonline check my signature if u like, doesnt really much matter which host, as long as the support and ddos protection is good you are good to go.
4. i'd say atleast 4GB ram and 3 CPU cores + good connection and its fine.

Alright thanks for the good information.
becouse you see i never created the server in VPS so thats why i'm asking these question to know them in the future if i want to make few servers.

Sorry not on here much at all. But newer seasons do require a little better hardware but not much. As long as your modifying the client on your personal desktop and don't plan to on the vps because the client is a ram/cpu eater heavily. OVH is the best choice in VPS to me there cheap and effective. You will need a windows OS with the specs me and KarLi both said but if your going with s9 or s12 i would recommend a little more higher ram maybe 6 or 8. Creating a server on the VPS is exactly the same as it would be on a local machine. Accept you just put the public ip and no port forwarding is necessary. The only thing you have to do is either turn off the firewall or allow the ports through the firewall. But as KarLi said make sure you anti-ddos protection and a good one cause you will get DDOS a lot. Especially as the server starts to grow.

I was thinking about season 9 because i kind of like it, i'm just trying to make a server for people to enjoy the game i'm not making it to make money or something like that. I want my servers to be protected, aswell as from ddos attacks and in the game. So what about creating the databases? and opening other programs for server via PuTTY or something different is better? How to put it, you know when you create your server you have to open game applications and other stuff in order for it to work, just thinking if i will add server files in the VPS how do i open the right programs in order for the server to work i don't know how to realy explain it. Sorry i hope you can understand what i mean.

Cheers.

Regards,
Evaldas

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks for the good information.
becouse you see i never created the server in VPS so thats why i'm asking these question to know them in the future if i want to make few servers.

I was thinking about season 9 because i kind of like it, i'm just trying to make a server for people to enjoy the game i'm not making it to make money or something like that. I want my servers to be protected, aswell as from ddos attacks and in the game. So what about creating the databases? and opening other programs for server via PuTTY or something different is better? How to put it, you know when you create your server you have to open game applications and other stuff in order for it to work, just thinking if i will add server files in the VPS how do i open the right programs in order for the server to work i don't know how to realy explain it. Sorry i hope you can understand what i mean.

Cheers.

Regards,
Evaldas

As i said. Just install sql 2008 or higher for season 9. Everything is the same as it would be on the local machine it will all boot up the same accept you will only start the server on the VPS and the client on your local machine. They ain't really much difference. Accept a lot better internet. But i would recommend OVH or What KarLi said up there or GreenCloudVPS i use green cloud a lot. And if your not happy with the VPS i think it was like 10 days you could get a refund. But that's all i can understand xD

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As i said. Just install sql 2008 or higher for season 9. Everything is the same as it would be on the local machine it will all boot up the same accept you will only start the server on the VPS and the client on your local machine. They ain't really much difference. Accept a lot better internet. But i would recommend OVH or What KarLi said up there or GreenCloudVPS i use green cloud a lot. And if your not happy with the VPS i think it was like 10 days you could get a refund. But that's all i can understand xD

So what exectly i have to add to VPS what files in order to boot it up properly?
it's like easy said then done :D

Regards,
Evaldas

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So what exectly i have to add to VPS what files in order to boot it up properly?
it's like easy said then done :D

Regards,
Evaldas

To make the VPS boot up? You just use remote desktop from windows and they give you the information through a email to connect. No it's pretty simple.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To make the VPS boot up? You just use remote desktop from windows and they give you the information through a email to connect. No it's pretty simple.

Naa, i know that. I mean the files how i will boot them up? if i add the files to vps, how will i open them and see whats going on and stuff.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Naa, i know that. I mean the files how i will boot them up? if i add the files to vps, how will i open them and see whats going on and stuff.
use remote desktop from windows and they give you the information through a email to connect.
Like he said - login with remote desktop and do everything like in your pc.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry.

I'm lost here.
What files i have to add to VPS exacly?
And how to open necessary applications in VPS to make game run.

Because if i Create the database and sort the files out, i will open the right programs on my compiuter, then i will go to sleep i will have to turn my compiuter off, and then i have no choice to shut down the server.
I don't know maybe i don't make sence of this.

Regards,
Evaldas

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Your making no sense at all. The server side will be open on the vps you open them on the remote desktop like you would on your local machine. Its basically another windows os with a new host. It will be a public server and you will run the client on your local PC when you wanna play or when you want your friends to play just send them the client. There is no special requirements to run anything on a vps you make the sol database on the vps you run the server on the vps you play on your local machine.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Na I know that that client has to be in local machine I mean I need to add the server files to vps and then jus create database and run the programs right ?

I need to know how to make databases in vps and SQL and programs that I need.

Regards,
Evaldas

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Na I know that that client has to be in local machine I mean I need to add the server files to vps and then jus create database and run the programs right ?

I need to know how to make databases in vps and SQL and programs that I need.

Regards,
Evaldas

after you order VPS / you get windows ready. 2008 or 2012 are good.
then you can isntall MSSQL server 2008 and restore databases there from your files
thats all, check video tutorials on how to install sql 2008 / restore databases for MU and u will understand.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know how to install SQL, restore and add databases, VPS (Linux) i have counter-strike servers right, they run completely different in normal machine counter-strike and in VPS Counter-Strike you use PuTTY to start the server make it run.
So the MuOnline has to be different aswell isit not? When you using your computer to make just test server like for yourself and different in VPS (linux).

I don't know how to explain properly..
Is it possible to show me what are you all mean?

Sorry for your troubles.

Regards,
Evaldas

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I know how to install SQL, restore and add databases, VPS (Linux) i have counter-strike servers right, they run completely different in normal machine counter-strike and in VPS Counter-Strike you use PuTTY to start the server make it run.
So the MuOnline has to be different aswell isit not? When you using your computer to make just test server like for yourself and different in VPS (linux).

I don't know how to explain properly..
Is it possible to show me what are you all mean?

Sorry for your troubles.

Regards,
Evaldas

Just order win vps and you'll understand or you can use this (make your own vps) to just get to know how it looks.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Right, sorry all for not understanding you what where you trying to say to me, i did some research and i understand...
When you order VPS, it will give you Windows ro run with specs that you need recources and you have to open the windows with a program
just i don't know what program, maybe they will give the information the hosting. And then you use the program to open the Windows and install SQL and the the right programs and close it and the server is done.

i'm close?

Regards,
Evaldas

Upvote 0
Reaction score
what you mean program?
you get a VPS ready to use.
that means.. you just have to install SQL / google chrome / maybe anti v irus or whatever / the server and thats it.
if u mean u dont know WHICH windows, while you are ordering you can choose WINDOWS2008/2012 and choose whatever u want between them.

thats it

Upvote 0
Back