Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

VPS Configuration for Mu ex803

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a problem.

I Configure the server on my pc to test and work perfectly, use the client on my pc and another pc and I could enter, then hire a vps (lghost) and replicate the same settings with the vps ip, but I can only enter from the vps, I can not enter from my pc or anywhere else, I get muhack protection error, but nothing appears in the mhpserver log

I work with the ex803 files, I modify ip in data/mapserverinfo and connectserver/serverlist, and I follow the Steps to generate the main.emu and ah.emu files...

I already opened all the ports, until I tried to turn off the firewall, but the problem persists.

I'm forgetting something?? Some help here please!!!
Thanks!!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Definitely something you forgot to do or you wrong somewhere since you say that you did everything , the host has nothing , you have to realize what you forgot to set , make everything from the beginning and see then .

Upvote 0
Reaction score
but I can only enter from the vps, I can not enter from my pc or anywhere else,
Thanks!!
u cannot open ports and then turn off firewall, cus you open ports through firewall = means firewall must be opened to allow ports to run.
well all i can think of is u dont edit ip correct in files/client?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
u cannot open ports and then turn off firewall, cus you open ports through firewall = means firewall must be opened to allow ports to run.
well all i can think of is u dont edit ip correct in files/client?

Thanks, I did not know that.

In the server I am editing the ip in data/mapserverinfo and connectserver/serverlist, everything else I leave it as it was, and in the client what I am doing is following the steps to generate the main.emu and ah.emu files, something missing? The main has to be edited too?

The ip that I use i'm getting from here , is it correct?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
It's working on the vps, but in my pc or other place not, and i've opened all the ports.

I actually experience the same thing when running my first vps, however i was able to solve it. In amazon they have this security group that filters specific ip to access specific ports, i have opened it there as well. So i open the ports and allow ip address to pass through it, then add exception in firewall for those porst as well, and it's now working :)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I actually experience the same thing when running my first vps, however i was able to solve it. In amazon they have this security group that filters specific ip to access specific ports, i have opened it there as well. So i open the ports and allow ip address to pass through it, then add exception in firewall for those porst as well, and it's now working :)

I've check all needed ports here and it's ok.
Server/Client config are ok too..
Maybe an sql configuration?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
try to check these settings:

4nuJMw7 - VPS Configuration for Mu ex803 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
when i check my ports 55960 and 55970 on the dataserver and joinserver giveme this errors:
Sin título2 - VPS Configuration for Mu ex803 - RaGEZONE Forums Sin título - VPS Configuration for Mu ex803 - RaGEZONE Forums

It is normal?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Reaction score
nofeara
can you elaborate why would protocols for the server would be the issue?
lucasabbud
u dont need to open these ports.. usually u need just 55901/44405/55919 and thats it.
the error u get on the DS/JS = means the port its running with its already running by other .exe

because that was my issue when launcher my server... i am pretty sure that i did everything, server is running file, port were opened in firewall and in my host, but still can't connect, until then i noticed that TCP/IP was disable on the protocols.. i enabled it and it was magic...

i test if it was really the issue, i put up 3 servers, 1 for game server, 1 for web server, and 1 for update server.. if that is disabled i can't connect to any server.

and i guess it means that you are turning on your rulings for what ever you configured in your firewall.... the ports are in tcp right?, so thats it, you are just turning on the feature...

works for me.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a problem.

I Configure the server on my pc to test and work perfectly, use the client on my pc and another pc and I could enter, then hire a vps (lghost) and replicate the same settings with the vps ip, but I can only enter from the vps, I can not enter from my pc or anywhere else, I get muhack protection error, but nothing appears in the mhpserver log

I work with the ex803 files, I modify ip in data/mapserverinfo and connectserver/serverlist, and I follow the Steps to generate the main.emu and ah.emu files...

I already opened all the ports, until I tried to turn off the firewall, but the problem persists.

I'm forgetting something?? Some help here please!!!
Thanks!!

You mentioned Muhack error. You can try to isolate errors by not using your MPH server side and just encode the main in your tools>Main_info folder and try. Also did you open the port of MPH server? Commonly it is using 55999.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back