Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mu Skins [ New Skin Center! Guides, Paths & More ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
CREDITS FOR:

[GR]SiLvER
AnHiMiLaToR
demoo
Dios
instars
Josh
Linex
night_blade
nzrock
ZebracakeZ
arlanjoi3

Edit: Item.txt is not organized yet, its uploaded here so you can acccess it while I finish remaking the list

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
GUIDES

How to skin files Guide - All credits go to [GR]SiLvER (RifleMorre wrote this guide)

You need....
  • MUingGUI
Making/Editing a skin....
  • 1.Run MUimgGUI
    Make sure in the combo box the default value is 1:Mu File->Img File
    Let's say you want to edit the Black Dragon boots
  • with MUimgGUI browse to "Client root"/Data/Player/boots_bd.OZJ
  • 3.When you are there and you preview the Black Dragon boots,Click "Convert"
  • 4.now go to the Player Folder ("Client root"/Data/Player)
  • 5.There you'll find boots_bd but not in .OZJ but in .JPEG format(that's the output of the convertation)
  • 6.Now open boots_bd.jpeg with the Grahpic editing tool.
  • 7.Make any changes you want ....
  • 8.Now open MUimgGUI again and browse "Client root"/Data/Player/
  • 9.Now in the combo box change 1:Mu File->Img File to 2:Img File->MU File and find boots_bd.jpeg
  • 10.click again "Convert" and it will overwrite the old Black Dragon boots skin with the new(yours) one.
  • 11.now if you want go delete "Client root"/Data/Player/boots_bd.jpeg(since you don't need it anymore)
  • You can do the same with other skins, textures,etc.
If you have any Problems or don't understand anything
View the video.

Frequently Asked Questions

[Q:] How can i edit the glow/shine of the items when their level is higher than +6?
[A:] This can happen by hexing Main.exe(according to theorys).Here is a working way but not as good as hexing the binaries.

[Q:] I can't Preview some skins/types of files, this means i can't edit them also?
[A:] You can't preview the .tga files, but you still can edit them(NOT in mspaint).

[Q:] What is the .bmd file format?
[A:] Bmd files are where the 3d models for each item in the game are stored in.

How to edit .map and .att Guide - All credits go to petej282

This is a guide how u can edit .map and .att files to let the Server and client know where to put what kind of textures and where u are allowed to go on maps. all programms u need are attached.
This guide is for advanced skinners! I don't want to release it in order to get loads of noob maps which have been made in about half an hour and look just crapy!

First step: editing the textures, height and light
This won't be new for most of u. U can use MuimgGUI from Kamikadze to convert .ozj and .ozt files to .jpg and .tga. So u can edit how the textures look like in a graphic programm. After that u have to reconvert them to ozj/ozt. To edit height u have to convert Terrainheigt.ozb to .bmp using MUimgGUI. U will recieve a grayscale bmp which indicates the heigts in map positions. Low is dark light is high. To edit lighting u have to edit Terrainheigt.ozj where u can directly choose the colour of lighting. Remember that u should use pretty light colors because they look much darker in game.

Second step: Define where to put textures in map
Here is where the fun beginns. Texture positions are saved on 3 Layers in the .map file. To edit these files u have to use the tools from Cyberlove and other Skyteam members. First u have to decode Encterrain*.map to Decterrain*.map or what ever u want to call it(doesn't matter). Then u have to open it using Mapto3layer to get 3 .att files that could be converted using Mg Mu Att <=> Bmp tool to editable bmp file. First layer and second layer are two layers of texturesets where color - texture codes are shown in mapediting.gif below. 3.layer defins where to use fist layer (black color) and wher to use secound layer(white) where edges aren't as sharp as they would be defining all the textures on one layer. Other colors in 3.layer can be use for fine adjusting. After u have edit the layers u have to reconvert them to Dec Att(server) out1/2/3.att. Now u have to combine them to a new map file using Mapto3layer with open out1.att. U will receive a file called TerrainXX.map which have to be encoded to Encterrain*.map.

Third step: Defining where u are able to go on map
This is saved in EncTerrain*.att client side and Terrain*.att server side. U can convert them to bmp and edit them. Colors are coded like this:

black(#000000): Free to pass outside
Blue(#000080): Walls outside where u cant pass but still see textures
Red(#802000)/Lightgreen(#C0DCC0): Walls that are shown black. Cursor turns into an X when over the position.
Red(#800000): Free to pass in town
Violett(#800080):walls in town

To show an example I have attached .att file of Devias. Remember that u can't set positions for free pass client side when ur not allowed to pass Server side because client will crash when u walk to forbidden zones. But u can use different EncTerrain*.att files on Clients to allow only VIPs (who must have the right EncTerrain*.att at Client) to pass at certain Positions but not normal players.

Fourth step: Adding Objects
Yes I made it. People where talking about how to do that in Sky team forum for years and nobody was able to find out how it works to set objects. It took me a lot of time but at least I found it out.
First u have to decode the EncTerrain*.obj and load it into Hex editor. U will recieve something like that:

E4 07 01 00
14 00 D6 F6 A7 45 9B D6 8A 44 08 00 2E 42 00 00 C8 41 00 00 00 00 00 00 70 43 00 00 80 3F

First 4 Byte is the head of the file. After that there are sets of 30 Byte which each defines an object position. How many object positions (sets of 30 Bytes) are included in the file must be saved at 3. Byte of Head. An object position itself has different attibutes. The meaning of most important Bytes of a set are as following:

1-2 Byte: Serial Number (00 00 means Object01.bmd, 01 00 Objet02.bmd etc.)
3-6: X-Position
7-10: Y Position
11-14: Z Positon
15-26: Turning the Object
29,30: Size (U can make Objects bigger or smaller; normal size is 80 3F)

The first bytes of an attribute (ex. X Position 3. Byte) doesn't have much effekt and can be used for fine adjustment. The higher Bytes have big effekt. Finally check ur number of sets in header and save the file. Now reencode it to EncTerrain*.obj. Finished!

Attachments HERE

How to trade item's glow Guide - All credits go to [GR]SiLvER

Attachments HERE

Creating Special Items All credits go to elitechar

Full Guide: HERE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back