• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Protection Guides For Regular and Remote Subservers

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok guys i have nothing to do, waiting for my full clients to be uploaded so i search guide section. i always see protection guides for regular servers or basic protection guides using Sygate and Windows Firewall.

Most Servers that have remote subservers left their Dataserver Open for Hacking coz they need those open so that gameserver can connect to them. So i will give you a little guide to make them secure.

Sygate Firewall is Good protection the Same as Windows protection, you just need to learn how to use them.

REMEMBER THIS GUIDE IS ONLY FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO DOESNT KNOW, IF YOU KNOW THIS PROCEDURE THEN GOOD FOR YOU.

First Guide: For Sygate Firewall

After installing your sygate we always block Dataserver 1 and Dataserver 2 so that nobody can hack us but if you leave this block and you want to use remote subserver, that subserver cant connect. What we will do is simple guide.

1. Unblock Your Dataserver 1 and Dataserver 2
  2. Click word "Application" upper part of Sygate firewall, it is located beside "Block All"
  3. It will pop a new window showing the list of application running on your computer.
  4. Look for your Dataserver 1 and Dataserver 2
  5. Highlight them just by Choosing it then "Click Advance" New window will appear again
  6. on first field you will read "trusted Ips for the application"
  7. Here you put "127.0.0.1 and the IP that you want to Allow to access that application, dont put ports in it, its not so important.
  8. After that click "OK" and "OK"
  9. you can also use this on other Server Applications, but make sure to put 127.0.0.1 so that you would not block your own IP. ( not really important but i think its needed)
  10. After that Let your friends Test your Ports if its open on other IPs by scanning your ports, IF YOU DONT HAVE PORT SCANNER PM ME.

2nd Guide: Windows Firewall
On your windows Firewall window Click On, Then Go Exception.

1. Unblock your Dataserver 1 and Dataserver 2.
  2. Click on the Dataserver 1/Dataserver 2 and "Choose Edit"
  3. Click "change scope" new window will appear
  4. Click "custom list"
  5. Then put 127.0.0.1 and the "IP" you allow to connect on that application.
  6. After that Let your friends Test your Ports if its open on other IPs by scanning your ports, IF YOU DONT HAVE PORT SCANNER PM ME.

3rd Guide: Blocking Ports Using Windows Firewall Only -
  1. On windows firewall window Click Exception
  2. Click Add ports
  3. Put the name of the port you want to block(if this port has no application and you only want to block them).
  4. Click Ok.
  5. Uncheck the Name of ports you added and that will block the ports you want to block.
  6. if you want to allow certain ip to connect on that port - you can use the 2nd guide on that.
  7. You can use 1st and 2nd guide to any of application you want to private or you want a certain ip only can connect.
Give me Feed about it so i can check mine too LOL

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] Protection Guides For Regular and Remote Subservers

nice guide! i know newbie will happy for this!

Back