• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Securing Mu Web 0.8

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey,

I've browsed around many servers lately, they are all different but one thing they have incommon is that they all have the default adminCP url, which makes it easier to hack into.

So basiclly, this guide will help you change the adminCP url, the default adminCP is usually located at :- , now this guide will help you change that administrator.php to your desired URL, this will make it harder to hack into your server using web site, infact Mu web 0.8 is secure enough, but this will guide you to a better web site.

Before we proceed please take a backup of your web site files, so you're able to restore them in case you haven't done the steps correctly.

We locate to your folder, where you have all the website files in my case 'C:\AppServ\www\ you will find a file named ''administrator'', it's a .php file, just rename it to the URL you want to it to be accessable on.

Lets assume we rename it to ''myadminlog''

When you have renamed it, open it up with notepad or something, and press ''CTRL+F'' and search for ''administrator.php'' without the quotes (''), when it finds the administrator.php you must rename it to the same name you renamed the file on, in this case ''myadminlog.php'' always remember to put the .php in the end, if you don't the adminCP won't work properly.

Once you done this, you will see a folder named ''administrator'', rename it to the same name you renamed the previous file, in this case the administrator.php which we renamed to myadminlog.php, so basiclly the folder should be renamed to 'myadminlog' without the .php in the end.

Once you renamed everything so far, we open up the 'includes' folder, and open the file called 'admin_functions.php' which is a .php file, open it up using Notepad or something, and search for ''administrator.php'' without the quotes (''), you can search using CTRL+F. When you have found the administrator.php, rename it to your desired adminCP url, which in this case was ''myadminlog.php''.

Once you have done this you have made this you have secured your web site much more.

Credits: Myself and =Master= For Mu Web 0,8! Thanks buddy!

This guide shall not be published anywhere else without my permission, credits goes to me (MeTi) and shall not be edited in any way, if you have any further questions, please reply below I will try my best to help you all.

Thanks,
Meti

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [GUIDE]Securing Mu Web 0.8

if u do that.., hiding it will be successful, but all function wont work ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Really? Have you tried it? Everything works dude, thats why you edit the 'administrator.php' file, and find all administrator.php inside it.

Don't please ruin this thread, do it and you will see if that it works.

Meti

Mu~Intensity
Reaction score

Good work, I needed this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thanks for the kind comments buddy.

Junior Spellweaver
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Actually, using PE Explorer you can easily retrieve the contents of a web server's document root. By doing that you can easily 'guess' what the folder has been renamed of you (since you have a list in front of you) and do what you know as the reset. Personally i haven't downloaded muweb and do not know what its vurnabilities are but renaming is never the way.
Forgive me if i haven't understood the point correctly.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yes, I know but anyways, it should make it abit harder, as some newbs wouldn't go that far.

Meti

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Really? Have you tried it? Everything works dude, thats why you edit the 'administrator.php' file, and find all administrator.php inside it.

Don't please ruin this thread, do it and you will see if that it works.

Meti

of course i tried b4 i reply in this thread, i am using muweb 0.8, login as admin as i said it working, but when u try the function under admin, nothing will happen once u click them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] Securing Mu Web 0.8

Look at instructions again, the former 'administrator.php' file, open it up and search for all 'administrator.php' inside and replace it with your new, renamed file.

That should make the functions work properly, again this was stated in the original thread, please read them carefully next time, and doublecheck.

Meti

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

ok this works and thx but i have only 1 prob i can figure out on website people make accounts fine but when thay try to connect says invallid password i go look and all there passwords are messed up like if thay wanted water1 for password it will save pass as ???t'? how do i fix this

thx

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

That issue is not related to this guide, this guide will not mess up with your passwords or anything, made it myself and tested it 100% before I released it.

One question, did you have this problem before?

Thanks,
Meti

Reaction score

my method:
just rename administrator.php to ,for exp #$%@$%(anything).php and when u need adm panel just rename back, to administrator.php :lol:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

:2gunsfiring_v1: yes protecting from noobs ... yes maybe.

Back