Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

HOT! How to fix "Freeze" in your MuOnline server? [Working]

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello! I`ve fighting with "freeze" in years,and now with my SCF files I`ve noticed,that when the "freez" appears,Dataserver has gone to "Standby Mode". I`ve NOT solved how to make it back in Active mode automaticly (I`ve 25+ online now,and sometimes it returns to Active mode,but when you have lower,well,then no.) but I`ve a solution how to fix it.

So if it freezes becouse of Dataserver,you should do the following.

1. Most of the servers are useing "Mu Server Start Up" by SkyTeam. And there automaticly is Dataserver 1 and 2,sometimes 3.
As Dataserver 1 is resposible for Gameserver (Not _CS) it should be now removed from MuServerStarUp. Do that. :)

2. Create a file named whatever... (I have restart) and make it .bat extension. - so it`s restart.bat AND PUT IT IN DATASERVER FOLDER!

3. Right click and select "Edit"

4. Now add this:

taskkill /F /IM DataServer.exe
start C:\MuOnline\DataServer\DataServer.exe

The "C:\MuOnline\DataServer\DataServer.exe" can be different for you! Like D:\MuServer\DataServer\Dataserver.exe or something like that. Just create a path to Dataserver.exe!

Now launch the "restart.bat" and if your dataserver is running,it should turn off and start again automaticly!

It`s the question now - How to make it run automaticly after some time,so you won`t have to do it manualy? (This is for Windows XP,try to find the same thing in Windows 7 e.t.c)

1. Start - Programms - Accesories - System tools - Scheduled Tasks
2. Add scheduled task
3. Under "Run" find the "restart.bat" file and select it!
4. In "Start In" write: C:\MuOnline\DataServer (as in my case)
5. Go to Schedule and select advanced.
6. Mark "Start Date" as today some time...
7. Check "Repeat Task" and select the hours or minutes as you want. I have every 30 minutes.
8. Check "Duration" and make it 999999 hours.
9. Press Ok. Then make it "Daily" and Schedule task every 1 day.
10. Go back to "Task" and check "Enabled"
11. Press ok and now the dataserver should restart every 30 minutes (in my server),or your specified time.

Some may say,that it could cause item loss... Well,my server is running for 1 month,and there hasn`t been any reports about that.

Sorry for my bad English,I hope you understand! Have a nice day!

Ralpyy

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for the guide! ;) Yeah, items are not dissapearing, but i guess, it depends on usage. Anyway thanks :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey , bro its ok when Restart.bat run my data server says' close program?
2012-08-30_052545 - HOT! How to fix "Freeze" in your MuOnline server? [Working] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well it should just turn off and start again with no errors,if you put it in DataServer folder!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i did it 2x but it always close program , but my server is running ok . im in game now . when i click restart .bat nothing happens on my server i think its is worked?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nothing should happen! Players isn`t going to see it! They mustn`t... :D Just Dataserver restarts,and there`s no freez! :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I got alots of error , later ill send a screenies , when i open my remote i got alot of errors
data server did not run by herself

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
When i open my Remote Dekstop , i Got alot of errors
2012-08-30_065220 - HOT! How to fix "Freeze" in your MuOnline server? [Working] - RaGEZONE Forums 2012-08-30_065220 - HOT! How to fix "Freeze" in your MuOnline server? [Working] - RaGEZONE Forums 2012-08-30_065108 - HOT! How to fix "Freeze" in your MuOnline server? [Working] - RaGEZONE Forums 2012-08-30_065116 - HOT! How to fix "Freeze" in your MuOnline server? [Working] - RaGEZONE Forums 2012-08-30_065122 - HOT! How to fix "Freeze" in your MuOnline server? [Working] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
whoah. Oo

Well... I haven`t had that problems.

You shure,that restart.bat is in Dataserver folder? And did you eddited the restart.bat with your path to Dataserver?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
whoah. Oo

Well... I haven`t had that problems.

You shure,that restart.bat is in Dataserver folder? And did you eddited the restart.bat with your path to Dataserver?

Wow you are great man , i for got to change the task kill to my path hahaha thankyou man

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
1 - HOT! How to fix "Freeze" in your MuOnline server? [Working] - RaGEZONE Forums

can you check if im wrong . ? or not for my schedule

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I haven`t got exactly that kind of log,but yes. It`s fine,and it should restart every 30 minutes! :) Test it and please give your feedback!

Okay ill test this for 2days if my server not freeze . ill give u a BIG BIG . thankyou :)
for now thankyou !

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay ill test this for 2days if my server not freeze . ill give u a BIG BIG . thankyou :)
for now thankyou !

You still will get freez! But it`s just that,the dataserver restarts.. Sometimes it could be,that DS restarted and in 5 min there`s freez. So players won`t be able to connect 25 more minutes! ;)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
waaaaa.. ? i still got problem about restart

When i open my Remote Dekstop , i Got alot of errors

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
it looks great, i'll test it... But Ralpyy , i put my server in windows server 2003 and 2008, in the two windows the server freezes after 20 or 30 minutes, and disconnect all users... In windows XP it works well ... Have you learned about that ? Do you believe your guide can solve this problem?

Thanks ;)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
it looks great, i'll test it... But Ralpyy , i put my server in windows server 2003 and 2008, in the two windows the server freezes after 20 or 30 minutes, and disconnect all users... In windows XP it works well ... Have you learned about that ? Do you believe your guide can solve this problem?

Thanks ;)

Man , this guide is not working , some players lost their items . . this guid didnt helped me

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmm... About Windows 2003 I Don`t know...

It is working for me definetly! Soon 1 months with no crash releated to Freez or something,and no players lose their items. Check your Dedicated server speed. The faster Dataserver is restarting,the more chance anyone will lose something. And run Dataserver2 also!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
My specs is

windows 2008
Xen Virtualization
Minimum of 2 Cores
A minimum of 1GB RAM

This is require? what is your specs

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have Windows XP and dual core Xeon procesor.

Back