Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MU Server with MySQL Database

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
It looks like another guide of Thunder52. Does it work on Season 2 and 3 Server? And who can provide MuWeb running on MySQL for us? I think there is a big problem!

Sorry for my bad English ^^!

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

In others server, we must change more places, such as team developed servers

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
do you guys still have problems?

Creating Character Problem?
Deleting Character Problem?
Creating Guild Problem?
Updating Character Problem?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a problem,mssql is not sql server ? i want to make a server on linux,but how i make ? if mssql is sql server? how i install sql server on linux ? on a vps server ? . Can anyone to say me ? sry for my bad eng.ty:eek:tt1:

Don't be a hater
Loyal Member
Reaction score
MuOnline does not work on linux. MSSQL and MySQL are database servers, both do the same stuff mostly, arrange your database ^^. Use MSSQL + Windows if you want to run a mu server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Aha but why don`t work on linux ? linux use mysql ?but don`t use mssql yeah ? for that reason ? thx for answer me.

p.s sry for my bad eng.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] MU Server with MySQL Database

But why to hex the data server when you can choose that options from DataServer.ini.dat...i mean why to change user/pass with hex?

My ds's .ini file looks like:
Code:
ŽťŠVB…’€p××Ř[M—śŢr-Ž’äwT˛›˛
cÂĆĎ`Ń·‘+gÓÄĎ`sž§T"čö†2s€ mÓÖ†2›GJ.ĂĺauĎâH.ĸŤż #ÄĆęN2ëvN˜ťńX ŐÚÎhO€›¶ ƒŠ0n„Ľ˝kĎ׈)üůüW"ď×ÝQK˛vÄŔ˘Ë0W´"`
jőä>2%XĽkr2“L?XąTd2›IF:ČĎa|łŃKhČĎa|łüůüW"ď˜3Áß`DŠ©ŢMIóB"e˝ć<Óh…ľi2śH4¸ĹwÓŐIUóŔş[ßă?CrXşgŇíARěu

In other means I dont have the right tools to edit ds's ini. For me expl. the only way is hexing.

@1Word:
i2Jb2 - MU Server with MySQL Database - RaGEZONE Forums

Shooted yesterday. Hope will die last. ;)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Don't be a hater
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] MU Server with MySQL Database

My ds's .ini file looks like:
Code:
ŽťŠVB…’€p××Ř[M—śŢr-Ž’äwT˛›˛
cÂĆĎ`Ń·‘+gÓÄĎ`sž§T"čö†2s€ mÓÖ†2›GJ.ĂĺauĎâH.ĸŤż #ÄĆęN2ëvN˜ťńX ŐÚÎhO€›¶ ƒŠ0n„Ľ˝kĎ׈)üůüW"ď×ÝQK˛vÄŔ˘Ë0W´"`
jőä>2%XĽkr2“L?XąTd2›IF:ČĎa|łŃKhČĎa|łüůüW"ď˜3Áß`DŠ©ŢMIóB"e˝ć<Óh…ľi2śH4¸ĹwÓŐIUóŔş[ßă?CrXşgŇíARěu

In other means I dont have the right tools to edit ds's ini. For me expl. the only way is hexing.

@1Word:
i2Jb2 - MU Server with MySQL Database - RaGEZONE Forums

Shooted yesterday. Hope will die last. ;)

Of course I know wine is an emulator for windows apps for linux, but do you think a public server is going to be successfull if using it ?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As you mention the real problem is emulating an emulation. Not sure that wine is an emulation tough. (Linux lovers over the net are saying so. :D) Also because of wine the requirements for running a server will be also much more higher.
But because linux is a free os purchasing a linux vps whit higher capacity will be cheaper than a windows alternative whit lower capacity.
If we are able to run a server under linux platform whit mysql then the establishing prise of pub MU servers will also bee much lower.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Season 12 is being worked on to create a MuOnline with MYSQL and Cross-Platform.
See:

Back