Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to make OpenMu S9 server and client with VS2015,SQL2014 on W10

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OpenMu Season9

Hey guys i'm gonna make a threat of a project that i have started to learn programming more and understand
more of the MU sources from client and server. The game is nice and not to big in source code so i was thinking i wanna know more of this game how it work. I have a Ragezone account from 2010 and have tried to make server run in that time now i wanna learn more from the code and share it with you peeps so we can make it work to build a nice server for all of us. There are nice source posted the last time from zTeam S8 and TitansTech and i will use the one from Zteam S8. I have played with zTeam server and Main 1.05.13 and Clientbase from michi28 s9. Now i have a server working called OpenMu Season 9 and it's working on Windows 10 and SQL2014 VS2015. I will explain in this threat how you can do that by your self by movie and forum posts in this threat i will update this threat with all the things u need STAY TUNED. If you wanna follow this tutorial u need to install Visual Studio 2015 and SQL2014 and u can use Windows10 it is not important. I just work 4 days on this, have it working with bugs but let see what happens. I know that there are peeple on the forum that also wanna learn and this will be a post with my findings of how i do things and will share with you. Greetings from me(Stimpy76), Thanks michi28, -=DarkSim=-, truebaduk, zTeam, TitansTech, Webzen

We can talk on IRC about this project got a channel #OpenMuServer on irc.freenode.net use this

Downloads u need:

Client Files Zteam Season8:
<-- Mega.nz
<-- Mega.nz

Server Files Zteam Season8:
<-- Github.com
<-- Mega.nz

Source Files Zteam Season8:
<-- Github.com
<-- Mega.nz
<-- Mega.nz

Main Files Season9:
<-- Mega.nz
<-- Github.com

Client Base OpenMu Season9:
<-- Mega.nz
<-- Mega.nz

Lua-5.1.4 Source:
<-- Mega.nz

Cryptopp-5.6.3 Source:
<-- Mega.nz

OpenMu Source Pack zTeam Season8 for VS2015:
This files you have after step 1.9 from tutorial.

Source Pack OpenMu Season9: UPDATE
This wil be the Github for OpenMuS9 and will be updated along the course of makeing OpenMuS9.

Steps what todo:

Install Windows 10 and update.

Install Visual Studio 2015 and update. I have installed it full all options.

Install SQL2014 and update. I have installed it full all options.

In this movie you see how to make SQL2014 ready and how to install zTeamS8 database.

In this movie i will config zTeamS8 client edit ipnumbers and sql passwords.

I will start with every server how to make them work the first server is ExDB. Server where
i don't got the source from and is full of viruses i believe. If somebody know what source we can
use or got the source please let me know or share. ExDB server is working luckly.
In this movie you see how make ODBC link with odbcad32.exe and run the ODBC_x64.reg file and run ExDB.

In this movie i wil compile zConnectServer with VS2015 and config and start it.

In this movie i will compile zMultiServer with VS2015 and config and start both multiserver from server base. Also have make a new ODBC rule for the mu_event.

In this movie i will begin to make the solution for zGameserver and compile Cryptopp-5.6.3 with VS2015.

There is a mistake in this movie change to release and copy the release files to crypto folder if you not do this you get error linking the zgameserver in step 1.7. I will make new movie of it and change this one.

In this movie i will change Lua source code from zGameserver too one they use 5.1.4 and compile it
don't know if needed but i have done it because chinees stuff in lib and wanna know what they have use.
This commands u need to use when compiling the Lua.
del *.lib
del *.obj
del *.o
cl /MD /O2 /c /DLUA_BUILD_AS_DLL *.c
ren lua.obj lua.o
ren luac.obj luac.o
link /DLL /IMPLIB:lua5.1.lib /OUT:lua5.1.dll *.obj
link /OUT:lua.exe lua.o lua5.1.lib
lib /OUT:lua5.1-static.lib *.obj
link /OUT:luac.exe luac.o lua5.1-static.lib

I have done that with VS2015 developer command prompt.

In this movie i will change zGameserver and compile the solution after that starting the server.
And read step 1.5 i make mistake there.

In this movie i will add season 8 client source also not importent for season 9 where we goto but maybe for some peeps enough. In this movie also have add how to compile other zTeam sources DBManager FileManager and the loader.

In this movie i will let see that server is running by config client and run it.
Everyhting is done in VirtualBox so the game wil not fast running. I can let see that server works wil also start client from my pc.

After this i will go to change the main and client and server code for season9. Hope that you get it working the same i got till now any questions ask. Don't know if i do it good way but this is what i know and have learned. The client is hook to dll so you can copy the dll with your changes to the main to the client map. You got nice S8 solution to modify code and run it.

Here we starting to create OpenMuS9 solution we need zTeam season8 also we gona change that to
season9 with the Main-1.05.13. If you start here then download OpenMu Source Pack zTeam Season8 for VS2015 and the Main-1.05.13.

In this movie i will make OpenMuS9 directory structure from OpenMu Source Pack zTeam Season8 for VS2015 and the Main-1.05.13.

In this movie i will make a OpenMuS9 solution to put all source in and change the name of DataManager of zTeamS8 to OpenMuDBManager and add to the solution and cleanup and compile it.
Have add this project to github also look for link at Download section.

In this movie i will change the name of zTeamS8 FileManager to OpenMuFileManager and add it to
the solution compile it and clean up.

In this movie i will change the name of the Loader to OpenMuLoader and add it to solution. Also compiled and run it.

In this movie i will change the name of zConnectServer to OpenMu-CS and add it to the solution. Also compiled and run it.

In this movie i will change the name of the zTeam MultiServer to OpenMu-MS and add it to the solution.
Also compiled and run it.

In this movie i will change the name of the zTeam GameServer to OpenMu-GS and add it to the solution.
Also i will make some fixes to the GS to get it compiled. Programming is not my best skill and hope to
learn more of it. This is nice solution to start with i think. And would be great if peeps help me to get it working the correct way and i will post update's of it in this post. I can manage this project that is no problem.

In this movie i will change the Main to OpenMuS9-Main and add project to solution. Also get it compiled.

2.8 UPDATE
In this movie i will let see how to get OpenMu server and OpenMu client working. I think it will give some bugs when we do this but i will let you see when i make this movie. If you wanna start from here
take the updated code from github, link of it in download section. And take Client Base OpenMu Season9 also links of it in download section.

2.9 UPDATE
In this movie i will change the name of hook dll in main.exe to OpenMu.dll and make OpenMu-Main also put out that file.
-- I will make movie of it so link wil be here when i have done that --

We can talk on IRC about this project got a channel #OpenMuServer on irc.freenode.net use this

efpoB5s - How to make OpenMu S9 server and client with VS2015,SQL2014 on W10 - RaGEZONE Forums

83pp0zA - How to make OpenMu S9 server and client with VS2015,SQL2014 on W10 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i hope i can do this XD!!

can you share your files now im newbie think its hard for me!
:(

I can share the zTeamS8 source till what i have now i will put them online after dinner.
But think it is nice todo it by yourself i have make a nice tutorial with movies of it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
so what bug have this files?
It is from zteam, only let see how to compile on vs2015 and wil make a s9 from it when i have movies of it i will update post and when i am finish you got good solution to change and put fixes in the source. I will try to make fixes also but let see because programming skills are not good try too learn and share what i have done.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
anyone can help me with this
GyfFbUM - How to make OpenMu S9 server and client with VS2015,SQL2014 on W10 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Have you compiled the cryptlib.lib in the crypto folder and then copy the cryptlib.lib from release folder to crypto folder.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ty for Tut
But igot This Error in VS2015
PHP:
------ Build started: Project: zConnectServer, Configuration: Release Win32 ------C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(366,5): warning MSB8003: Could not find WindowsSDKDir variable from the registry.  TargetFrameworkVersion or PlatformToolset may be set to an invalid version number.TRACKER : error TRK0005: Failed to locate: "CL.exe". The system cannot find the file specified.

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi bro,

First of all, I would like to to thank for your kind tutorial. that maybe one of the best tut with details I have ever seen.

However, I have problem when compiling the source code for season 8.

I followed step-by-step exactly as what you showed, and get stuck at STEP 1.7 (building source code for gameserver).
the visual studio showed many error, I didn't know why (you ran the code successfully, but for me it was not ok) :((

I have checked many, even though I take the built source at STEP 1.9 (
OpenMu Source Pack zTeam Season8 for VS2015:

This files you have after step 1.9 from tutorial.) and tried to compile again. But it still showed error ???.

I'm using VS2017, VS2015 with different Platform Toolset and window SDK version. (are they reasons causing erros ???). I didn''t know why. I downloaded sources from different season (S6, S8, S9) and tried to complied source.. But Still get erorrs at some stages.

the process are not successfully 100% .i.e I can build client, joinserver OK, but the get error for building gameserver.

have the file been corrupted recently. Can you help check and give a try to compile source codes again one more time to make sure everything OK.
Please help me solve my problem.

Once again, thanks for your help

Regards,
--Taly

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
All videos off? T_T

Sorry the spam.
Someone has the videos, can re-upload?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back