• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Make your own MuAutoUpdater

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well this time I will show you how to make your own AutoUpdater

Tools Needed:

1.- FTP Server (don't you have? here is a list of free server
2.- Winhex or another hex Editor
3.- ConnectServer (Work only with ConnectServer that has ServerInfo.dat in data files)
4.- WinZip
5.- WTF Editor

Steps:

1.- Install the FTP Server and make an account that can access to subdirectories, and download files mainly
2.- Download this tools (in attachment)
3.- Search in ServerInfo.dat this

Code:
[FtpServerInfo]
Address = 192.168.1.101
Port    = 21
ID      = MuOnline
PASS	= MuOnline

[HttpServerInfo]
HTTPAddress = localhost
Port    = 80
ID      = MuOnline
PASS	= MuOnline

[GameServerInfo]
ClientVersion = 1.00.14
ClientVersion_TEST = 1.00.14
VersionFileName = version.wvd
DownLoadType = 0

And replace with your IP of your FTP, Website, and the account you have created in FTP server and with your current version

4.- In version.wvd put your current version with no letters, for example my version is Vietnam 1.00n, in your version.wvd you put this
Code:
"1.00.14"
Yes WITH QUOTES
5.- Make a folder in your FTP Server with your current version, i mean if i use 1.00n put
Code:
without quotes.
6.- paste your version.wvd in your FTP server so it shouldbe like this:

7.- in you folder you have created, paste the list.inf and the up_list.zip
8.- With hexeditor search in mu.exe 192.168.1.101 and change it to your IP, search in message.wtf with wtf editor the last line and change it to your Notice URL Website
9.- Client Side: in Config.ini put your version of version.wvd

Now we finish the Installation Now we go to the procedures to uptate

1.- Update the version.wvd in FTP server to the next number ADDING a line for example if my version is 1.00n i have in version.wvd "1.00.14" I add a line "1.00.15" should be like this
Code:
"1.00.14"
"1.00.15"
2.- Zip the files you want to update in their corresponding folders for example like this(take a look that main directory isn't zipped in a global folder like MuGlobal or MuBlablabla):

NOTE: ALLWAYS you must put the config.ini (stored in the up_list.zip) with the new version for example i want to update to 1.00.15 so i REPLACE . i have this
Code:
[LOGIN]
Version=1.00.14
TestVersion=1.00.14
replace with this i my case
Code:
[LOGIN]
Version=1.00.15
TestVersion=1.00.15
If you don't do that you will need to update forever:jester:
3.- Make a new folder in you FTP named as your new version, in my case 1.00.15 without quotes
4.- Make a list.inf . in my case i will put an example

Code:
#COMPRESSED#
#PACKINGVERSION#
"config.ini"

0 "Data"

0 "Data\Interface"
"dungeun.ozt"
"tarcan.ozt"

0 "Data\Local"
"Dialog.bmd"
"everyone.ozj"
"Filter.bmd"
"FilterName.bmd"
"item.bmd"
"itemsetoption.bmd"
"itemsettype.bmd"
"Loading01.OZJ"
"Loading02.OZJ"
"Loading03.OZJ"
"movereq.bmd"
"NpcName(Eng).txt"
"quest.bmd"
"Skill.bmd"
"slide.bmd"
"Text.bmd"
"webzenlogo.OZJ"
"webzenlogo02.OZJ"

I will explain

Code:
#COMPRESSED#
#PACKINGVERSION#
That allways go there
Code:
"config.ini"
That a files in the main folder, if you want to update more things than config.ini for example main.exe you must put in a different line and this
Code:
"config.ini"
"main.exe"
allways between quotes

Code:
0 "Data"
Taht means that we enter to folder Data in our client, for example if i want to update gates or macro i put something like this

Code:
0 "Data"
"gate.bmd"
"macro.txt"

Code:
0 "Data\Interface"
"dungeun.ozt"
"tarcan.ozt"
Taht means that we enter to folder Data, subfolder Interface and down we put the files we will update allways between quotes

In conclusion if we want to open a folder we put 0 "Folder" and down we put the files

5.- When we finish this, we just put the list.inf in the new FTP folder
6.- We FInish now putting the new version in ServerList.dat

Finally to update your Client just execute the mu.exe, the config.ini contains the actual version of you cleint, so if CS.exe detects that your config.ini is 1.00.14 and version.vwd is 1.00.15 it will update automatically

There is a little explanation about the crypting of the CS packets so you can easily understand how this works
NOTE: Everytime you want to update remember to put the new version of config.ini in up_list.zip files

cya

PD: People are reporting that when they launch mu with mu.exe the Server Bar don't appear, but the AutoUpdate Work

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tested and having problem with CS
3.- ConnectServer (Work only with ConnectServer that has ServerInfo.dat in data files)

Need:

CS with ServerInfo.dat that works with in 1.02 servers and up, because I've tried this Updater in 1.02d server result is: Update Works fine but when you connect, no server bar on the client side.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Where is the list.inf and the up_list.zip located?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What is missing ??

6.- We FInish now putting the new version in ServerList.dat

I did everything as you tell, but I don't know how to add the new version in ServerList.dat

and also I don't know how to make it works, LOL so far I have been trying and I can't get success...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmm. the autoupdate works.. but when u start the game , the server bar don't appear... anybody have a idea to fix it??

thx , great tutorial.. :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
very good
sorry for my english but this launcher of autoupdate...i think is the best

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi well guide ı can make it but ı have a question??

You Say : edit main.exe with hex editor find 192.168.1.101 and change with your ip adress

ı change it like 10.0.0.1 what was the end??

192.168.1.101 was 13 character but my ip is 8 character what should ı write for 5 characterR????
please post

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] Make your own MuAutoUpdater

hi well guide ı can make it but ı have a question??

You Say : edit main.exe with hex editor find 192.168.1.101 and change with your ip adress

ı change it like 10.0.0.1 what was the end??

192.168.1.101 was 13 character but my ip is 8 character what should ı write for 5 characterR????
please post

Sometimes you should see what it was before you make changes, but usually after your IP there are spaces, zeros or points (.) try to check wich one of them give you the seam HEXA code after the original IP and fill the free spaces with the seam HEXA code, easy right?!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

made my own launcher to support this setup :) works good.

Z80

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Anyone can help me plz? I can't find the IP 192.168.1.101 in MU.exe.
Any hints, close to where I have to look for a DNS or IP to change??

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

How to HEx main.exe to autoupdate myserver?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

great guide but bad comments, the guide is simple and easy to use. Currently tho im looking for a lil something more, i need it to auto check for the complete client, and if there are changes download and replace the files, but dc if the download is canceled. im sure its easy to add in c++, but other than that im going to use this guide on setting upa updater, til i find a more completed guide. Thx Deathway for the guide.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

This is a great great guide! now i run this launcher without uploading the files...thanks deathway! btw how can i edit the name of the browser in launcher..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Just thanks

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

this work 100% i recommend download Dynu Enterprise server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Nice guide. I just wanted to add to add an easy way to find out what version number you have.

OK, so most of you have an 1.02q, or 97d file or something like that. so here's how you find it out:

if you have a 1.02q server, your version will be 1.02.17;

as you can see, you just put the first 3 numbers (or 2 if you have a 97d server) and then put the number of the letter of the extension.

for example:
a=1
b=2
c=3
etc,.

so that's how you do it. you can put this in your post if you want Death ^_^.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

can some one help me with this i tried hard and i cant make this work for me i reviewed the guide here and other forum, and i cant make it work i have all i need but when i start the launcher launcher doesn't even check just says to connect to play and it doesn't update can someone please help me out with this i been trying for like a month and no one helps me nothing please i need help with this =/

Back