Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to setup MuOnline Ex901 (S9) Server (Video Tutorial)

Reaction score
error says clearly the DB u try to resture is restored on higher version of SQL, what version u use? if 2008 try 2012.

you must download the management studio and sqlexpr packages and install first sqlexp then management studio
if u need tutorial i will pm u a video tutorial.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
error says clearly the DB u try to resture is restored on higher version of SQL, what version u use? if 2008 try 2012.

you must download the management studio and sqlexpr packages and install first sqlexp then management studio
if u need tutorial i will pm u a video tutorial.

its already been solved hehehe i just uninstall all my SQL
but i have another problem
when i try to run my server start up it says ODBC Fail

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ive done everything correctly but when i start the mu server startup Connect server does not open, it stays on Running.

and when i want to startup manually the connect server does not show i deleted the files database and started all over again still have that problem only

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
KarLi - How to setup MuOnline Ex901 (S9) Server (Video Tutorial) - RaGEZONE Forums

hi karli how to fix this?
KarLi - How to setup MuOnline Ex901 (S9) Server (Video Tutorial) - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Watch this video and that will fix your issue

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: How to setup MuOnline Ex901 Server (Video Tutorial)

Hi,

I'm trying to create a server with your tutorial but I'm stuck.

I think everything's fine but maybe I got the IP's mixed because when I start GameServer and GameServer GC I get errors.
Did everything you sad in your video tutorial but the "IP part" is missing, I tried with the text version on page 1 but don't know what and where I'm wrong, even tried getting them running with my Firewall off. I thought maybe it blocks the ports but even then I got errors "connect fail".

Alsof tried the IP I've used with MuMaker but no success. First MuMaker gave me an error too that it couldn't connect to DB but now I guess it does connect because I don't get any errors anymore. I only found it weird that it doesn't work with GameServer.

Can you or anyone else help me? It's been a long time a go for me, back in the days I had my own server (not big) and I'm playing MU for many years now. Unfortunatly I forgotten my password for RageZone so this is a new account. My old account was noureddine2087 and my in-game name was Nidron.

EDIT:
GameServer and GameServer GS don't give me errors anymore but just blank (window)screen now, is that normall? If so how do I connect to my server from an external (client)PC?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone? Just the final steps, most part I've already done or a tutorial where I can find the solution for my problems.

Thanks guys.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you are not going to document and show us all your 'errors' issues then how can we help @Nidron

Well that's the problem, I don't get any errors but I got blank screen when I start GameServer and GameServer GS.

I think I got my IP's wrong, when must I use my IP from cmd with ipconfig and when do I need to use the IP from and when do I need to use 127.0.0.1. Which IP on which file? Maybe that's the problem because I'm confused. I got the MuMaker connected, should I use that IP?

I even tried with Firefall off, I thought maybe he blocking some ports I didn't open yet but nothing... blank screen stays.

If you got other tutorial, let me know because I saw date of this topic was opened in 2015. Maybe this version of server is outdated now?

Last time I played mu was 97d lol so I don't know which version is new or not

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
just like in the video tutorial mate, but i would recommend you start using other S9 files which are 'up to date' if u cant make these one work, so try these for example

http://forum.ragezone.com/f197/release-igcn-season-9-repack-1142304/

In the video you use 127.0.0.1 but then it's local right? I remember when I had the server back in de days I needed to do something with my IP so it doesn't change and server stays online?

Thanks for the files by the way.

If you could help me with the IP thing then I gonna give the new files a try and hopefully they will work but also the hex editor is outdated and how do edit main.exe with my IP?

Sorry for all the questions but it was a long time ago for me. Isn't there any Season 15 files? I think that is the newest version right?

Reaction score
freeware hex editor here:
in main.exe search muonline or connect.muonline
theres some ip you see at last Clipboard01 - How to setup MuOnline Ex901 (S9) Server (Video Tutorial) - RaGEZONE Forums
replace it with your local or global ip
but note that if your ip is shorter then present then you need to refill space with zeros in left pane
for example your ip is 10.10.10.10
Clipboard02 - How to setup MuOnline Ex901 (S9) Server (Video Tutorial) - RaGEZONE Forums
this is just an example... your client might be different but the basics allways work like that :)
where do you get your local ip?
press win button + r and type in: cmd
then type in black window ipconfig
so you see something like that:
Clipboard04 - How to setup MuOnline Ex901 (S9) Server (Video Tutorial) - RaGEZONE Forums
look at IPv4 Address this is your local ip adress
if you need global ip adress go to and look up your ipv4 adress
but before that you need to have some webserver up and thats different topic ;)

good luck!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
freeware hex editor here:
in main.exe search muonline or connect.muonline
theres some ip you see at last View attachment 168675
replace it with your local or global ip
but note that if your ip is shorter then present then you need to refill space with zeros in left pane
for example your ip is 10.10.10.10
View attachment 168676
this is just an example... your client might be different but the basics allways work like that :)
where do you get your local ip?
press win button + r and type in: cmd
then type in black window ipconfig
so you see something like that:
View attachment 168677
look at IPv4 Address this is your local ip adress
if you need global ip adress go to and look up your ipv4 adress
but before that you need to have some webserver up and thats different topic ;)

good luck!

Thanks a lot for your reply brother, didn't tested it yet but I got 2 questions.

Which files need my local and which files need my global IP? Because I think I made a mistake there. My MuMaker gave me an error first too, that he couldn't connect... No I don't get any errors so that means I need to use that IP for all files where the IP needs to be changest?

I don't understand your last part, I need a webserver before I can use my Mu server to be played on?

Again, thanks for your help

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your reply brother, didn't tested it yet but I got 2 questions.

Which files need my local and which files need my global IP? Because I think I made a mistake there. My MuMaker gave me an error first too, that he couldn't connect... No I don't get any errors so that means I need to use that IP for all files where the IP needs to be changest?

I don't understand your last part, I need a webserver before I can use my Mu server to be played on?

Again, thanks for your help

but Karli made a tutorial vid and stuff theres everything written what you do need to to do...
its fully explained i dont think theres nothing missing...
just read the text and watch the videos(pause on steps)

for nameserver you can use no-ip.com(free) ones or you can buy some from godaddy.com(paid) and for server host idk... ask someone i dont know witch one to use tho...

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
but Karli made a tutorial vid and stuff theres everything written what you do need to to do...
its fully explained i dont think theres nothing missing...
just read the text and watch the videos(pause on steps)

for nameserver you can use no-ip.com(free) ones or you can buy some from godaddy.com(paid) and for server host idk... ask someone i dont know witch one to use tho...

I know but it doesn't say which IP (global or local) I need to use in which file... I think I'm messing it up there, that's all. Then I can watch which errors I'll get or if it works, you understand brother?

Reaction score
Use global ip when you have server ready for publish and local ip for tests.
Also you need to have 2 different main's when using global ip.
1 for clients to connect(global ip) and 2nd for you with your local ip so you can connect from your pc.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use global ip when you have server ready for publish and local ip for tests.
Also you need to have 2 different main's when using global ip.
1 for clients to connect(global ip) and 2nd for you with your local ip so you can connect from your pc.

The client this is new for me but that's next step, today I'm going to try it with the new (updated) files.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: How to setup MuOnline Ex901 Server (Video Tutorial)

When i start my x901 server the data server starts and then closes after this data server is stuck at running and gameserver stays blank , how can i fix this ? i am using sql 2008 .

Back