Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[GUIDES] Setup your MuOnline Server From Season 97D to S18

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] Setup your Own Server Season 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

hi can help me for my problem, i already see the server and everytime i connect, and enter my user name and password to test if i can log in to my server, it will auto disconnect, and i will get the error from the gamserver "Wsrcv error failed 10038"

can you help me guys please thank you

Reaction score

hi can help me for my problem, i already see the server and everytime i connect, and enter my user name and password to test if i can log in to my server, it will auto disconnect, and i will get the error from the gamserver "Wsrcv error failed 10038"

can you help me guys please thank you

maybe u have to disable MD5 or change joinserver .. i dont remember.. but i dont know why u have this issue though if u followed my tutorial everything should've been good
DragonSeth ?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Setup your Own server Season 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

First let's get the basic questions out of the way before making any assumptions that it is the files fault.

1: Did you disable MD5?
2: Did you portforward everything?
3: Did you edit all the SQL/IP locations Correctly?
4: Did you edit the joinserver or change the file?
5: Try turning off your firewall?
6: What server files are you using?
7: What SQL server are you using?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

maybe u have to disable MD5 or change joinserver .. i dont remember.. but i dont know why u have this issue though if u followed my tutorial everything should've been good
@DragonSeth ?

i dont remember if i disable the MD5,

i wll check it agian, thank you so much karli

First let's get the basic questions out of the way before making any assumptions that it is the files fault.

1: Did you disable MD5?
2: Did you portforward everything?
3: Did you edit all the SQL/IP locations Correctly?
4: Did you edit the joinserver or change the file?
5: Try turning off your firewall?
6: What server files are you using?
7: What SQL server are you using?

1.- i dont remeber if i disbale MD5
2.- uhmm i dont do portforwarding, i just changed the ip on each datafile like in the tutorial of sir karli
3.- i dont know this things should i changed my sql ip? my sql ip is 172.0.0.1? should i changed it?
4.- no i didnt changed anything on joinserver,
5.- uhmm let me check this again,
6.- serverfilesS2 clientS2 with patch. included on sir karli's tutorial
7.- i'm using sql server 2000 32bit ,

thank you so much sir dragon

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

i dont remember if i disable the MD5,

i wll check it agian, thank you so much karli

1.- i dont remeber if i disbale MD5
2.- uhmm i dont do portforwarding, i just changed the ip on each datafile like in the tutorial of sir karli
3.- i dont know this things should i changed my sql ip? my sql ip is 172.0.0.1? should i changed it?
4.- no i didnt changed anything on joinserver,
5.- uhmm let me check this again,
6.- serverfilesS2 clientS2 with patch. included on sir karli's tutorial
7.- i'm using sql server 2000 32bit ,

thank you so much sir dragon

1: Might wanna make sure you disabled MD5

2: So you used IPV4 Address? 127.0.0.1 can't be used Local Host requires IPV4 Address

3:SQL Doesn't have a IP? There is a SQL configuration for connection to the database and a IP which is what you use to connect to the whatever place he tells you to the change the IP use the IPV4 Address if you don't know how to get that open CMD>type ipconfig> and look for IPV4 Address

4.Okay but did you edit the configuration with your IP?

5.Okay this will only help if you have all configurations edited correctly.

6. Thank you for providing this info

7. Thank you for providing this info as well.

What your problem i think is you didn't edit the configuration correctly. The IP addresses he tells you to change use your IPV4 Address. and for the SQL connection make sure you have the correct SQL user and Pass. Make sure to watch his video carefully. As one thing can simply make you unable to connect. If you still can't get it post your next problem and we will be here to help.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

1: Might wanna make sure you disabled MD5

2: So you used IPV4 Address? 127.0.0.1 can't be used Local Host requires IPV4 Address

3:SQL Doesn't have a IP? There is a SQL configuration for connection to the database and a IP which is what you use to connect to the whatever place he tells you to the change the IP use the IPV4 Address if you don't know how to get that open CMD>type ipconfig> and look for IPV4 Address

4.Okay but did you edit the configuration with your IP?

5.Okay this will only help if you have all configurations edited correctly.

6. Thank you for providing this info

7. Thank you for providing this info as well.

What your problem i think is you didn't edit the configuration correctly. The IP addresses he tells you to change use your IPV4 Address. and for the SQL connection make sure you have the correct SQL user and Pass. Make sure to watch his video carefully. As one thing can simply make you unable to connect. If you still can't get it post your next problem and we will be here to help.

thank you for the quick reply sir dragon,

i will try it again, and will feed back after i double check all the configs, thank you again

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hi karli! Is it possible to run a server using windows 10?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hello there, I followed the tutorial for Season Ex901 but I'm running on a few problems. I'm unsure if they are related, but here it is:

1) DataServer connect fail IP 127.0.0.1 PORT 55962
2) WhenI open Main.exe I get the "Disconnected from the server" message
3) ShopServer connect faild (I don't really mind this one, is it possible to deactivate?)

Thing is, my DataServer seems to be running just fine. What should I do?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

hello :) i want in TAB when i see the map, that i can see the moob spots, with green cercle, or written SPOT, can you help me with this?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Having issues with my dataserver, for some reason they are unable to connect. Double checked the IP change locations + configured ODBC.
But still getting this error Can somebody help?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Having issues with my dataserver, for some reason they are unable to connect. Double checked the IP change locations + configured ODBC.
But still getting this error Can somebody help?

If it needs port forwarding, you must open the port in your router settings. Whenever you forward a port, you can use tools like . Keep in mind that you must run the server while you're testing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Zasteh,

I am using a virtual server (Cloud) which should have all ports opened

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Zasteh,

Well did you test if the port is open using the website? In some cases you can ask your provider to open a port. Not every port is opened, just default ones like HTTP, FTP and SMTP.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Zasteh,

Testing didn't showed anything. Reason timed out. The same happened with other ports which are definitely open. I asked my provider and they assured that the port is open.

Side question. Can you help me in editing the main.exe? Cannot seem to understand how to find serial version of it.

Reaction score

VitoLTU
in dataserver folder, there is some .txt dataserver config
did u add your IP instead?
it should be like
192 168 1 105 255
without dots
so its allowed to run through the Dataserver

and also what files u using from here?
other thing i can see that might be error is the 55962 port is not running
like check startup.cfg and send us the configs u have there, or just tell us what files u using and show us the configs to help u .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

@VitoLTU
in dataserver folder, there is some .txt dataserver config
did u add your IP instead?
it should be like
192 168 1 105 255
without dots
so its allowed to run through the Dataserver

and also what files u using from here?
other thing i can see that might be error is the 55962 port is not running
like check startup.cfg and send us the configs u have there, or just tell us what files u using and show us the configs to help u .

Hey KarLi, I am trying to launch 0.97d R2 server due to the fact that this version is modified it was taken directly from an admin who moderated a successful server in EU.
Taking in account that the files are really old:
- There is no startup.cfg nor startup.exe. Every process needs to be started manually
- Dataserver folder has no .txt configs

I understand that receiving help with this abstract info is impossible. I am ready to share as much as it's needed to get some help and get back an track.
Just tell me what is needed, the files, the server access or screens

UPDATE:
After adding setup.cfg and setup.exe I managed to start everything successfully. ( )
Trying to connect to the server via Client I get an instant disconnect. My guess is that client and the server is not compatible. Maybe any suggestions how should I deal with this instant DC?
Getting this error in JoinServer: 08:28:59a WSASend() failed with error 10013
Firewall turned off. Links double checked

UPDATE2
Still getting JoinServer error but managed to not get an instant dc. Now when I try to login to the game, I get the error that I must update the game version.
As I understand using hex editor I must change the serial version of the main.exe. But cannot seem to find the version in hex editor because I do not know the current client version, so Ctrl-F doesn't work. Could someone guide me through the change?

Last edited:
Reaction score

Look my friend.. the issues u mention were resolved alot of times and the answers are on the MU Help section specifically.

What i see from your side is that
* if joinserver gives u error = try using other joinserver (for ur server version) which probably is not the issue but try.
- if that wont help then the issue is somewhere else in the configs, share a link where you downloaded your files please.

* if u get JS error u wont be able to connect i guess, so that must be fixed first!
versions are converted from client to server side so check this http://forum.ragezone.com/f197/versions-client-server-versions-766700/
also the easiest way to find the version is to find the Serial and the version should be 1 line under it something like '2;<=>' but a different one! make sure u downloaded a main.exe (cleint) that is not packed etc and the place u donwloaded it from must have info what the version,serial,ip is so u can find with hex and change it with urs.

startup.cfg and .exe are optional u can use from any other files but then still u would have to configure it to match with ur files order where each file is located.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

when i click season 3 - 9 server file and client link it direct me to the youtube vids help!

Back