Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] decrypted and decoded player.bmd = many smd animations

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all,

you ever wondered what is written in player.bmd file, and why when you change main.exe to another version the player in the game doesn't move correctly?

Player.bmd has all the animations that player\character can do: walk, sit, run and so on...
when you change main.exe to a one of another version,
lets say that first main.exe programmed that player's run animation is in place x in the player.bmd
the newer main.exe programmed that player's run animation is in place y, and in place x there should be sit animation
then when you change main.exe and forget to change player.bmd - you see wrong animations for players actions...

the smd files of the 212 animations of the player\character - that are in player.bmd from patch MU1_04c_TPatch

also in player.bmd for few animations there is additional data, that i didn't had time to study for what it is used

You can not do much with this files, but for few of you it can give better understanding how the game works

Credits: Pentium for Converting player.bmd to smd files
WebZen for creating the player.bmd file

I'll take you all on.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
good work man, can you like release the bmd --> smd converter tools too?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
good work man, can you like release the bmd --> smd converter tools too?
The tool is still in dev and not finished...
about bmd files - as i wrote - in few animations there data that i have no idea how it is related to smd files...but i think it is metter of time until i will understand it...

also i want to add to the tool option to edit *.map and *.obj files...
And finally it may be interesting to make converter of 3d models from another game like LA2 to the muonline.
So until i will finish the tool may take couple of months...and the tool looks like this:

pentium - [Release] decrypted and decoded player.bmd = many smd animations - RaGEZONE Forums

I don't release not finished things, so don't ask...
For people that want help me: what may save me the time is binary structures of *.map, *.obj or structure of 3d model files from la2 .

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Your tool looks nicer, your tool will help to the people to add new custom maps in mu :D.

With la2 you are refering to Lineage2?

PD: In what language are you programing the tool?

Good Luck.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Pfoaiii ..
I didnt download your tool ..yet
But With this you can import <> export .smd files and convert it to .bmd ?????????

I yes lol ..
You can make ANY kind of monster ..
I can add Doom3 , Half-life,Serious-Sam or any other MDF of 3D models to muonline.
This will look kinda fancy :)))

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
much respect Pentium. A lot of hard work in this. Congrats!

Vok

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
exellent job. when un finish people will be able to put new monsters on mu and delete or edit that old fancy ugly monsters like the dragons with no hands... ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
great job dude. that tool everyone must have, it will help people to fix and modify their own server.

goodluck.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
LOL do i see well ????
you got itemsetoption.bmd on your editor ??
man pls can u share that editor ?
contact me on msn

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
#1, pentium - Good work!
Good work!
- Pleasantly look that there is people on this Forum, which else something do, rather then only ask...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The tool is still in dev and not finished...
about bmd files - as i wrote - in few animations there data that i have no idea how it is related to smd files...but i think it is metter of time until i will understand it...

also i want to add to the tool option to edit *.map and *.obj files...
And finally it may be interesting to make converter of 3d models from another game like LA2 to the muonline.
So until i will finish the tool may take couple of months...and the tool looks like this:

pentium - [Release] decrypted and decoded player.bmd = many smd animations - RaGEZONE Forums

I don't release not finished things, so don't ask...
For people that want help me: what may save me the time is binary structures of *.map, *.obj or structure of 3d model files from la2 .

GOOD work, man!! I tell you in other times!!

But When you have one Release working 100% whit any modules I and more people congratulation you if RELEASE. And in nexts versions you release new feactures!! Don't necesary that works all modules :construct!!

Only is one idea!! I like more your TOOL and I haven't extresed you to release!!

See you!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Excelent Great Job, man...

re-upload for download....

Back