Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mu running in linux...

mkt

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tested with Ubuntu+GNOME
You need wine. Get wine here:

Install WINE

make a folder called whatever you want.

make a folder called muclient or whatever you wish to call it inside the first folder

In GNOME just right click your Desktop and create a new "launcher"

Call it connect?

Make another one.

call it launch?

In the command (in connect) use this:
wine "where-ever your client's main.exe is located connect /uYOURIP /pYOURPORT"

such as:
wine "Z:\home\USER\Desktop\mulinux\muclient\main.exe connect /u127.0.0.1 /p0000"

In the command (in launch) use this:
wine "where-ever your client's main.exe is located"

such as:
wine "Z:\home\USER\Desktop\mulinux\muclient\main.exe"

Change the paths in connect and launch so that it will fit into where you have placed your client

Remember to change the IP and Port.

Double-click connect
Then double click launch.

Enjoy!

K

KruL~

Do you think linux will make the server alot laggier than any other pc versions?

mkt

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
KruL~ said:
Do you think linux will make the server alot laggier than any other pc versions?

This is currently client emulation.

You may however try to port MSSQL trough codeweaver's software.
And yeah, running an MSSQL server emulated in linux will not give the same perfomance.

You will have to wait untill sky-team releases their emu which will run in MySQL?

About the client:
you should use an installer which will add the resolution reg files.
I have not tested it's perfomance on my stationary computer, just my laptop which has some weird not 100% supported ati drives.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
isn't wine is made to do that ? I mean run windows app in linux .. and I think its not release its help on how to run MU client in linux..

about running db in linux search forum .. Rifle_Morre already converted the MSSQL DB of MU into MySql

good luck

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Working in Slackware 10!!!!

Jesus... GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I thought u were talking about running a server on a *nix plattform, running mu client is made with wine or winex.
The only way I imagino to run a server on *nix is with something like a virtual machine for *nix

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
SkyTeam Server will run over MSSQL and/or Firebird (support for any of those DBs will be provided with final release)

TitansTech / SCFMT
Reaction score
Guys...look the Windows API at Wine, need a lot of APIS, still in BETA, with CO 5.0 dont work, on all versions of Linux /Wine Mu die, run 1 time or die.

This is VERY VERY beta, the client its coded with too much apis of Windows. and Please dont try run MSSQL, that is VERY stupid. Who know about Linux know this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
linux

LordLinux said:
Guys...look the Windows API at Wine, need a lot of APIS, still in BETA, with CO 5.0 dont work, on all versions of Linux /Wine Mu die, run 1 time or die.

This is VERY VERY beta, the client its coded with too much apis of Windows. and Please dont try run MSSQL, that is VERY stupid. Who know about Linux know this.

use cedega if you want to run Mu client on any Linux distro.i tested it on xandroz and it works.not as smooth as running in windows but its worth a try.

mkt

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I tested it by running Codeweavers CrossOverOffice pro using SUSE 10.
Installed the client as in windows with CrossOverOfficePro. (You have to BUY this application)
entered /home/user/A USER/.cxoffice/DMuO/windows/regedit.exe
(DMuO = the bootle name)
manually added the reg files. (resolution windowmode, etc)
Started the main.exe which in this client was the file which connected to the server.
Then started mu.exe which is this client is the main mu client file.

This is the result, running as native as in windows:

How easy and cool =D

Last edited:

mkt

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
FT1FT1 said:
SkyTeam Server will run over MSSQL and/or Firebird (support for any of those DBs will be provided with final release)

MSSQL !
MSSQL sucks!
MySQL is so much better.

They can code it in linux and use it in windows with cygwin... =/

mkt

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I tested it by running Codeweavers CrossOverOffice pro using SUSE 10.
Installed the client as in windows.
entered /home/user/A USER/.cxoffice/DMuO/windows/regedit.exe
(DMuO = the bootle name)
manually added the reg files. (resolution windowmode, etc)
Started mu.exe (for some reason it connected to the desired server. Must be magic =O)

This is the result, running as native as in windows:

How easy and cool =D

I managed to get the SkyTeam launcher to "work" aswell by installing IE6 and DCOM95 into the same "bootle"; however the application hangs at the splash screen. It might work without the splash screen though.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
way too old. and not working well. and clients only not server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
maybe you can run game server on a linux system and only have an emulated win2000 for the mssql system, you connect them trough the virtual network.

Back