Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MuMail Sending Script (PHP)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
-= MuMail Sending Script (PHP) =-

I was saving this for a WAP application i was writing but it seems it will never finish so here it is. With the script you can send MuMail messages to any character you want ingame, from your website.

You just fill up the form (pic1) with any "From:" you want....It can be your characters' name or your real name, it doesnt matter, it works as a regular email.

At the "To:" field fill up the Character name who will receive the message. If no user exists with this name the message will not be sent.

At the "Msg:" field you type your message (max 1000 characters)

The only difference with the real thing is that its not "live". The user must either switch subservers ingame (Lorencia -> Crywolf) for the message to appear or he must log ingame.

Setup
Open answer.php with notepad and add your server details. (user/pass/db)
Then upload scripts to your website and run mumail.php from your browser.

I've left the script simple so you can copy/paste it wherever you want in your website.

Important Note:
Works only with English characters.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Twilight Mu Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [Release] MuMail Sending Script (PHP)

Nice release ;)
Keep up the good work.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

lhdvg i know what you mean, the problem is that in order to send something to the Joinserver (like a chat) you have to send an authentication user/pass as well....it is hard to emulate that with PHP. It took me some time to get that "Already Connected" script to work. I am reading some C++ functions that were used for lotheis' programs but since then alot of things changed.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

hehe i am not talking about that :p In order to send something to the Joinserver or the chatserver it has to be send through "packets". You need to authenticate with the .exe through sockets and all that with PHP...Creating the C3 or C4 algorithm and send the proper packets, etc etc...i mean, its not easy stuff.
I am not talking about $session user/pass that you get from the database or simple MD5 encryption ;)
What you are talking about is joining PHP and the subservers...I wish it was that easy but its never been done before.I can barely find my way around.

change my name already!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Awsome dude. Awsome job =D

is lovin' it
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Great work really, wonderful... Got 2 questions tho:

- Is it possible to make it send all users? And if it is, will it create any problems, such as lag, crashes or anything simillar?

- Can you change the Sender's image? For example, instead of a dark horse making it a monster or a character.

Experienced Elementalist
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Nice release, im about to test it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

hymen yeah its possible to send to all users, put like you said i am not sure about the load when doing that. Plus if you have a big server and some accounts are inactive, by sending a global email you'll end up filling your DB with extra bytes for no reason.
The dark horse image was a a random choice. There is value in the database that holds the "Photo" of the user sending the mail. I've played with it a bit and made "photos" of SM wearing Elf divine pants, satan, BK armor and DL boots..... I just couldnt find how that value was working. The DL horse was the only "Non united colors of Benetton" image i could make.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

1quesion

in GS 1.00.16 Can't sent mail

can use this to sent ? and GS Crash?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Great Job! tnx.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Sodazt, i think it will be ok to use this instead because its not using the GS to send the mail...It just inserts the entry to the DB. The GS shouldnt crash reading it....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

This scripts not work for me....I think the problem is in my apache and php.Give me link to apache and php pls.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Damian_1993 did you change your error_report message in php.ini ?

Remove that easyphp. Install this :
its easy to setup and to use.
(DL: )

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

For me all work Perfect! Great Job! Keep it up!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

if i use it it shows me ingame that i got a letter but it doesnt show me the letter oO also i get a sql error when i send the letter:

Warning: mssql_query() [ ]: message: Der Wert NULL kann in die wDate-Spalte, MuOnline.dbo.T_FriendMail-Tabelle, nicht eingef

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Nice work again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thx. It work :)

how to Works with other characters.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

text above translated to English :

The value NULL (zero) cant be added to the wDate-column MuOnline.dbbo T_FriendMail- Table. The column doesnt accept the value Null(Zero). Error at INSERT. (severity 16) in C:\xampp\htdocs\answer.php on line 54

you know how to fix it ?

Maybe your table is not compatible to my version ?

can you show me the structure of the table T_FriendMail ?
For some reason its not accepting the date...but i need to see the way the tables look like in order to help you

Thx. It work :)

how to Works with other characters.

Other characters ? What do you mean ?

Back