Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Launcher ZEN (New Updated Version) Free MuOnline Launcher with Auto-...

Reaction score
Hello everyone, It's been a while since i have made an update to Zen Launcher (Beast Launcher) and this one was compiled last year and planned to share it ( Updated Version )

Preview:
SoCngTJ - [Release] Launcher ZEN (New Updated Version) Free MuOnline Launcher with Auto-... - RaGEZONE Forums

T6UZsDY - [Release] Launcher ZEN (New Updated Version) Free MuOnline Launcher with Auto-... - RaGEZONE Forums

More Previews here:

Informations (New):
Version: 6.0.1
Source-Codes Stable:
(Master)
(Performance Branch)
Created with Python, Supports Transparent Splash image
and Auto-Update from your Website also every time players starts with launcher it detects if theres a new version, and if so it will prompt the updater and will update it.
100% Clean and Open-Source, also supports an anti-hack built-in but not planning to release it yet.

Features:

Splash (Enable/Disable)
Server Name (Can be Disabled)
Web view Slider (Images with Link)
Web view News
Buttons with Links
Options Tab (Resolutions Setting)
Editable Messages in Contact Us Tab
Ease of Set-up
Auto-Updater

Guide:
Download the Launcher files:
Link:
Unzip in into the root of your Client folder (do not rename 'Updater.exe' and 'Launcher.exe')

Download files for the Updater:
Link:

Updater Setup:
Unzip the file into your Web root,
If you are using Xampp please move the 'csupdater' and 'SlidesAndNews' folder into your htdocs (Easier for you to understand the whole setup)

examples:
C:/xampp/htdocs/csupdater ( contains the updater version number and Zip files)
- LatestVersion.txt (Edit if you wish to make a new Version, be sure that it is higher by 1 )
---- Version (FOLDER)
------ 1.0 (FOLDER)
---------- 1.0.zip (Zip file that contains the whole file you wish to replace on players)

so if you change the number in LatestVersion.txt (lets say 1.0)
the Launcher will go to 1.0 directory and download the 1.0.zip (ZIP FILE)

C:/xampp/htdocs/SlidesAndNews ( contains the slider and news on launcher )

If you are planning to host the whole Updater files onto a different host please always make sure that "csupdater" and "SlidesAndNews" folder are in ROOT DIRECTORY or somewhere you remember the path

Settings Editing Guide (Includes Updater)
Go to your Settings folder open file named Main
Setting File

• Name
    None if you do not like any name, Or change it to Anything
  • Style
    0 or 1 (Useless.)
  • Executable
    default: main.exe or can be anything if you renamed the original main.exe
  • Icon
    default: Resource/Invictuz.png or anything that fits on your likings ;)
  • Info
    ex. "www.thisislink, this is the information etc. etc." (SEPERATED by Comma)
  • Splash
    Value is: True or None, Path of Splash Image ex. "True, MySplashFolder/Splash.png"
  • News
    URL to your "/SlidesandNews/news.aspx" ex:
  • Slider
    URL to your "SlidesandNews/slides/slides.aspx ex:
  • smslink
    Any Link
  • sociallink
    Any Link
  • votelink
    Any Link
  • smslink
    Any Link
  • webshoplink
    Any Link

OPTION for UPDATER
  • Updater
    The Link of which the "csupdater" folder uploaded (Check the Path!!)
    example: (if you will check here: csupdater / ) it will Work.
  • Version
    ex: 3.2, 3.22, 0.5, 213 (Be sure that this one is Equal or Less than the Web Version)

It's a kinda long Guide so yah just wish ya a have a good luck.

Please Like if you do :p and Leave a feed back if you have a problem and have some question related with my post.

Video Guide (Long XD )

Lot's of Users PM'ed me how to Compile the source into .EXE
Code:
1. Download Python 2.7,  https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.10/python-2.7.10.msi
- On installation please check the "Add to Path"

2. Download PyQt4:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqt/files/PyQt4/PyQt-4.11.4/PyQt4-4.11.4-gpl-Py2.7-Qt4.8.7-x32.exe

3. Download PyInstaller
Open CMD.exe, Type this command:   
pip install pyinstaller  (Close the CMD Afterwards)

4. Open CMD.exe and type these command
pyinstaller -y -F --windowed --icon="Settings\CSImages\icon.ico" --version-file="version.txt" --upx-dir="upx" -p "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4" Launcher.py

Warning:
--upx makes your .exe generated code unreadable (Packed exe)
Replace C:\Python27 with your Python directory.

Special Thanks to:
Code:
Zozeri
TrickRoye
Maddox

Patches:
Code:
- Removes .Zip files automatically when Launcher.exe starts (thanks Zozeri)
- (6.0.1)  Built-in updater (Zip remover, Version Updater, and Multi version updater)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
-( . ) ( . )-
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: MuOnline Launcher ZEN (New Updated Version) Free MuOnline Launcher with Auto-Upda

bro do you have a clean slides.aspx and news.aspx?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: MuOnline Launcher ZEN (New Updated Version) Free MuOnline Launcher with Auto-Upda

Source-Code,please share.

Reaction score

bro do you have a clean slides.aspx and news.aspx?

Sorry it isnt included with the Client files but theres a link on top: (just edit the new.aspx etc... under the SlidesandNews folder)

Reaction score

Source-Code,please share.

Full Source-codes (Launcher and Updater)
(Performance Branch for Speed Improvements)
(Master Fast Version)

Feel free to Contribute to the source code and i will add you to developers list.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@onecore
Thank you for this release!
However I think either I am doing something wrong or its slightly buggy,
The Launcher takes over a minute to open and when I update it will save the zip to my client folder and only after a minute or so it will extract it,
but it doesn't seem to be deleting the zip after this is done.

Anyway my main problem is the delay when opening it initially, it shouldn't take so long. Any ideas?

Reaction score
onecore
Thank you for this release!
However I think either I am doing something wrong or its slightly buggy,
The Launcher takes over a minute to open and when I update it will save the zip to my client folder and only after a minute or so it will extract it,
but it doesn't seem to be deleting the zip after this is done.

Anyway my main problem is the delay when opening it initially, it shouldn't take so long. Any ideas?

Hello Zozeri you are welcome, Launcher is Fast except it needs a stable connection sometimes (Getting Latest version from the Web, and Downloading Zip) I have updated the link and source and added some funcs to remove the .ZIP files

Download (Updated EXEs):

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Zozeri you are welcome, Launcher is Fast except it needs a stable connection sometimes (Getting Latest version from the Web, and Downloading Zip) I have updated the link and source and added some funcs to remove the .ZIP files

Download (Updated EXEs):

Hi onecore, Awesome update it seems to launch much faster now.
The launcher works perfectly when there is a newer version (patch) on the server, the updater functions correctly and downloads the the latest patch, unzips it but still for some reason it doesn't remove the zip file - not such a big deal.

Although there is a major issue when there is no newer update on the website, the launcher still takes you to the updater instead of stating that there is no new update and start the game. (the previous version of the launcher didn't have this issue)
At this point the updater shows the attached (image below) and remains like that indefinitely

onecore - [Release] Launcher ZEN (New Updated Version) Free MuOnline Launcher with Auto-... - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
Hi onecore, Awesome update it seems to launch much faster now.
The launcher works perfectly when there is a newer version (patch) on the server, the updater functions correctly and downloads the the latest patch, unzips it but still for some reason it doesn't remove the zip file - not such a big deal.

Although there is a major issue when there is no newer update on the website, the launcher still takes you to the updater instead of stating that there is no new update and start the game. (the previous version of the launcher didn't have this issue)
At this point the updater shows the attached (image below) and remains like that indefinitely

onecore - [Release] Launcher ZEN (New Updated Version) Free MuOnline Launcher with Auto-... - RaGEZONE Forums

Hi Zozeri thanks for the report, I just checked the latest compiled and everything's working fine, And as I remember the feature i have added to delete the whole .zip file only works on the Second run of the Launcher, Please check your Config files, Also there is a limitation of versioning, always make it 0.1, so let's say your current version is 3.2 and your next version must be 3.3 (always + 0.1) and i have found out that this is the good way of making the whole patches available for your old client which versions are left behind.

like The Latest version is 3.3 and I am using 3.0 (This means the Launcher will update in 3 times until it reaches the 3.3),
Thanks and please check your config as I am guessing its the cause of the problem. :)
Regards, Mark.

very nice launcher ^_^
Thank your for sharing

Walang Anuman po at Salamat din :D:):

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Zozeri thanks for the report, I just checked the latest compiled and everything's working fine, And as I remember the feature i have added to delete the whole .zip file only works on the Second run of the Launcher, Please check your Config files, Also there is a limitation of versioning, always make it 0.1, so let's say your current version is 3.2 and your next version must be 3.3 (always + 0.1) and i have found out that this is the good way of making the whole patches available for your old client which versions are left behind.

like The Latest version is 3.3 and I am using 3.0 (This means the Launcher will update in 3 times until it reaches the 3.3),
Thanks and please check your config as I am guessing its the cause of the problem. :)
Regards, Mark.

Walang Anuman po at Salamat din :D:):

Hi onecore thank you for the reply,
Its quite late here so I wont get a chance to test this but will definitely it out in the morning. :thumbup1:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,
First thing - very very nice launcher!

But I need help in something. When there is new version, you click to check version / start the game and it will download the zip... but it won't get the files until you tick again start game. Can you do so it will extract the files after it finishes to download and not only when you press start the game in the updater? Or tell me where I can find it in the source and update it.

Thanks.

Edit:
Hi again,

In addition I checked about several updates and got a problem. For example:
The server is on 1.4 version.
The client is on 1.1 version.
Now when the client is updatding, it need to download 1.2, 1.3. and 1.4 and unzip them in the same order.
But when I tested it, it always download only one update and unzip it. Can you check it out and change it so it will update all the updates and not only 1?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,
First thing - very very nice launcher!

But I need help in something. When there is new version, you click to check version / start the game and it will download the zip... but it won't get the files until you tick again start game. Can you do so it will extract the files after it finishes to download and not only when you press start the game in the updater? Or tell me where I can find it in the source and update it.

Thanks.

Edit:
Hi again,

In addition I checked about several updates and got a problem. For example:
The server is on 1.4 version.
The client is on 1.1 version.
Now when the client is updatding, it need to download 1.2, 1.3. and 1.4 and unzip them in the same order.
But when I tested it, it always download only one update and unzip it. Can you check it out and change it so it will update all the updates and not only 1?

Thanks again.

Thanks for your message! and for your first post It's not normal and the latest version works just the way you want like doenload and unzip, and for the updated post of yours it is really like that like version by version, I am gonna patch it and make it all in one update, Thanks for the suggestion TrickRoyal.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for your message! and for your first post It's not normal and the latest version works just the way you want like doenload and unzip, and for the updated post of yours it is really like that like version by version, I am gonna patch it and make it all in one update, Thanks for the suggestion TrickRoyal.

First thing, Thanks!

You are talking on the same version that there is on the first message of this thread? The files unzip only after you press "start game" on the updater and not unzip after it download automaticly. I tried to fix it but I had problem with to set py to exe (alot of errors, missing libs or something.... fix 1, 10 pop up lol)

Another problem that I checked. I don't know if it was your purpose, but take an example.
If my version is 1.2, or say 1.159, and I want to update to 2.0, the Updater stucks and don't update to 2.0.
See if you can fix it or if it wasn't your goal. Maybe I can set new Main setting and to update it handly to 2.0 with patch of 1.X and then to go on with 2.0 version.

Just saying :p

Please inform me when you fix the updater to update all the last unupdated versions :)

Again thanks buddy

Reaction score
First thing, Thanks!

You are talking on the same version that there is on the first message of this thread? The files unzip only after you press "start game" on the updater and not unzip after it download automaticly. I tried to fix it but I had problem with to set py to exe (alot of errors, missing libs or something.... fix 1, 10 pop up lol)

Another problem that I checked. I don't know if it was your purpose, but take an example.
If my version is 1.2, or say 1.159, and I want to update to 2.0, the Updater stucks and don't update to 2.0.
See if you can fix it or if it wasn't your goal. Maybe I can set new Main setting and to update it handly to 2.0 with patch of 1.X and then to go on with 2.0 version.

Just saying :p

Please inform me when you fix the updater to update all the last unupdated versions :)

Again thanks buddy
Haha thats the best idea to do to patch the Main (file) setting along with your update if you want to skip some of your updates, I will make a patch with its source but right now i am currently busy and has so many plans with this launcher :(

> to compile the source to exe
- Download Python (From python.org) and choose version 2.7.x (On Installation choose 'Add to Path')
- Use easy_install (Remote package Installer) and download PyInstaller, Command: easy_install PyInstaller
- Install PyQt4 (Make sure that the architecture (64,32bit) is the same as your Python version
finally:
use this build command to compile it to EXE

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I need some help to use the python if someone can post a thank tutorial.

Back