Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] MUWorldEditor 0.2.0 Alpha

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
TenebrosuS, the walk/fight/sit/lean areas are set by the ATT file, not the OBJ. If you only edit the OBJ, then you have a chair that can't be sat on. If you only edit the ATT, then you will sit on air :p You have to edit both files correctly for the proper result ;)

Sorry to disagree with you Darcantix, but the ATT file does not define where the player can sit / lean.

Lean Areas:
About the lean areas, take a look at THIS PICTURE ... the purple objects are the areas where the player can "lean". Inside the game, these objects will be invisible and you can see he really leaning (CLICK HERE TO SEE)

Seat Areas:
Finally about the "seat areas", they are not defined either by ATT or OBJ, but by the BMDs that the client is loading... I'll tell you about my practical experiences:

If the client loads, in Davias folder, the ObjectXX.bmd as a chair, you will be able to sit on it whenever you want, being a chair model or a tree model. You can put this object anywhere inside Davias, and you will may sit on it. BUT, if you put this ObjectXX.bmd inside ANOTHER map folder (Noria, for example) you can't longer sit on it. Although it is still a chair model, the client no longer recognizes it as "chair".

Check it out:

To put these "chairs", i need to change their models by the blue mushrooms that are in front of Elf Lala. After it, i has renamed the mushrooms to another name and put them back there, but now you can't sit on them.

Last edited:
Twilight Mu Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Mirror Link:

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry to disagree with you Darcantix, but the ATT file does not define where the player can sit / lean.

Lean Areas:
About the lean areas, take a look at THIS PICTURE ... the purple objects are the areas where the player can "lean". Inside the game, these objects will be invisible and you can see he really leaning (CLICK HERE TO SEE)

Seat Areas:
Finally about the "seat areas", they are not defined either by ATT or OBJ, but by the BMDs that the client is loading... I'll tell you about my practical experiences:

If the client loads, in Davias folder, the ObjectXX.bmd as a chair, you will be able to sit on it whenever you want, being a chair model or a tree model. You can put this object anywhere inside Davias, and you will may sit on it. BUT, if you put this ObjectXX.bmd inside ANOTHER map folder (Noria, for example) you can't longer sit on it. Although it is still a chair model, the client no longer recognizes it as "chair".

Check it out:

To put these "chairs", i need to change their models by the blue mushrooms that are in front of Elf Lala. After it, i has renamed the mushrooms to another name and put them back there, but now you can't sit on them.

Thanks for correcting me (I like to improve my own knowledge and be told if I'm wrong), but I don't think your description is accurate either... if the same BMD does not allow leaning in a different map (or different BMD name in the same map) then it must be defined in the Main instead. If that info was stored only in the BMD itself then it would be truly portable and work in any map and any Object## file position. :huh:

EDIT: Hahaha, I only just saw the people who drunk themselves to death :D Funny stuff.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
marcelozzy, so I should change main.exe to edit this. Right?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Any questions regarding the configuration file. Att; need and set the place where the characters are dead, where it would have to configure?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does anyone know why I keep getting a "WorldEditor.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." error? This happens everytime I try to save. PLease help. Thanks in advance.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
New version is available: 0.6.0
Code:
[0.6.0]
Fixed saving .att files. EncTerrainXForServer.att changed to (server)TerrainX.att
Fixed some files can't be load from data.pak file.

[0.5.2]
Fixed the first map--Lorencia.
Fixed EncTerrainX.att for client.
Add EncTerrainXForServer.att for server.

p.s. good work orz8 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
where to put the content of objects and the world folders because i try to edit the map and it is blank

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have been playing around with the 3.0 version of the editor and I found a serious problem (at least for my needs)

This is how the editor perceives the size values:
UE8ntek - [Release] MUWorldEditor 0.2.0 Alpha - RaGEZONE Forums

This is how they are actually suppose to be in the game (this is the object file from the client it self)
MkPYK5 - [Release] MUWorldEditor 0.2.0 Alpha - RaGEZONE Forums

Despite this the Editor writes values properly when saving a map,
but the problem comes from the Scale function which apparently doesn't and causes objects oriented towards Y to squish down instead of resize..
njZZxt9 - [Release] MUWorldEditor 0.2.0 Alpha - RaGEZONE Forums
C5mMvTy - [Release] MUWorldEditor 0.2.0 Alpha - RaGEZONE Forums

Please if someone is capable of fixing this problem or knows a solution to it for some help..
It flat out breaks everything new I try to create because it "restricts" me to using only objects in original sizes of 1 (not bigger, not smaller..)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just, u are loosing your time. RPGSky editor dev were abandoned long time ago. There are some "pesudo-code" on internet but no one coder wants continue it.

Try 0.7. If there still exist that bug, just keep using pentium.

Reaction score
i dont understand why dont you just calculate exactly how u want it to be in game and then use those values or follow using that specific value structure in world editor?
what u wanna do?

click Cling and move the object somewhere, then resize it , then untick Cling and move it maybe?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i dont understand why dont you just calculate exactly how u want it to be in game and then use those values or follow using that specific value structure in world editor?
what u wanna do?

click Cling and move the object somewhere, then resize it , then untick Cling and move it maybe?

That's the problem..
Same object, same size but differently oriented provides a different thing in game..

It's not a question about continuing the project or adding new features even.. it's just swapping a few values, but i have no clue how to do it on my own.. or where to find the code in the first place..

P.S: 7.1 as far as i can tell (because i can't save .obj file to begin with in it) is the same..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have been playing around with the 3.0 version of the editor and I found a serious problem (at least for my needs)

This is how the editor perceives the size values:
UE8ntek - [Release] MUWorldEditor 0.2.0 Alpha - RaGEZONE Forums

This is how they are actually suppose to be in the game (this is the object file from the client it self)
MkPYK5 - [Release] MUWorldEditor 0.2.0 Alpha - RaGEZONE Forums

Despite this the Editor writes values properly when saving a map,
but the problem comes from the Scale function which apparently doesn't and causes objects oriented towards Y to squish down instead of resize..
njZZxt9 - [Release] MUWorldEditor 0.2.0 Alpha - RaGEZONE Forums
C5mMvTy - [Release] MUWorldEditor 0.2.0 Alpha - RaGEZONE Forums

Please if someone is capable of fixing this problem or knows a solution to it for some help..
It flat out breaks everything new I try to create because it "restricts" me to using only objects in original sizes of 1 (not bigger, not smaller..)

Of course different models have different base size, before placing new models check their base size by using size "1", that would be your base and go from there(we are talking about webzen here). Put both object side by side and try to make them same size manually.

In terms of orientation, try to avoid cling, rather have your values(x,y,z) calculated and go by that, trust me, it works.
Stop dissing MWE 0.3.0 - it is the only one that is doing it's job. Check out my lorencia if you don't trust me, yes it takes bloody ages and patience, but it works. I had no problems with it, yes I went through quite a lot of fails, but hey, that's how you learn ^^

What do you mean by "restricts you"?

How edit lorencia??

Search bar >^. loads of info there.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back