Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Webbased Character Editor

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
WEBBASED CHARACTER EDITOR

What does it do:
Quite simple: it lets you and your GM's edit their GM characters or any character ingame. Those of you who know MuEditor will probably recognise it since it has almost all the options for character editing MuEditor has. If your GM's aren't allowed to give away items anyway, or you simply don't want to open up your databaseport but still want your GM's to be active, this is the way to go :icon6:

Functions:
  • Character stats change:
    • Level
    • Energy
    • Strength
    • Vitality
    • Agility
    • Level up points
    • Zen
    • Class changable from a simple drop-down menu!
    • Experience
  • Move functionality, complete maplist with coordinates input possibility!
  • PK status modifier, from 2nd stage hero to murderer, including PK time
  • Easy install: just copy-paste the files in your FrogMu package and then copy 1 line of code into your config.htpasswd file and you're done
  • Simple functionality setting: either allow your GM's only to change their GM characters, or allow them to change any character they want, all with 1 setting.
  • User search functionality: if you don't know someones username simply put in his charactername - automatically all his other characters as well as his username will be listed as well! (*only works when GMs get full control*)

Installation Guide:
  • Download the zipfile attached to this message, or get it
  • Unpack it into your website folder. It will overwrite your options.php file, if you modified your options.php file simply add this line
    Code:
    	<a href='opties_editor.php'>Character Editor (only available for GM's)</a><br>
    to the list of options.
  • If you want your GM's to have full control, add this line to your config.htpasswd file:
    Code:
    // Specify wether or not GM's are allowed to change other
    // characters stats. Enter either 'yes' or 'no'
    $gm_unlimited = 'no';
Done!

Why This Release:
I just spent over 4 hours writing roughly 676 lines of code. Figured I'd spare someone else the trouble :D
Note, its about 4.30am here (yes, thats in the middle of the night), so its possible I fucked up somewhere (though I tested it on my own server and it works fine here :)), just let me know if any bug comes up :)

WARNING:
This will only completely work with my latest (2.0) release. You can use it with my old webpackage as well, but if you want GM's to have full controll you'll then have to download my 2.0 webpackage too and copy the config.htpasswd file from it to your website directory (and fill in the datafields as with your config.php file). This way it'll probably work with any other webpackage out there too I suppose, it just won't be very good looking :icon6:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm bored, so here's a screenie as well :icon6:
FragFrog - Webbased Character Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
Oh, as usual an awesome work! Congratulations!

If I may, Can you add a place to change control code? for banning people!

I think it would be much more complete!

Thanks for an awesome release!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
satoshi-t said:
Oh, as usual an awesome work! Congratulations!
If I may, Can you add a place to change control code? for banning people!
I think it would be much more complete!
Thanks for an awesome release!
Actually, in my webpackage there already IS a special option for banning players, which GM's can use, so there isn't really need for the option here as well IMHO :)

Reaction score
I know, I tested your package, I couldnt adapt it to my website cause im a noob, but this looks easy to join to my current web (a friend did register, stats adder, etc for me)

Thanks for trhe reply :)

Satoshi

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
that's cool...
btw? are we going to give GMs admin powers?
lolz

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice fragforg its working for me thanks but i have a questions because i've never solve my online characters of my site i dunno what should i do sory for out of the topic but this is concern about your website realease cuz im using it now my problem is i cannot see who's online but i am online in the game. i look into my sql under MEMB_STAT i see "0" zero under ConnectStat in my sql but i am online. see the below
this is the code of online.php of your release site
Code:
$conn=mssql_connect($dbhost,$dbuser,$dbpasswd); 
$selected=mssql_select_db('MuOnline', $conn);
$query = 'SELECT memb___id, ConnectStat, ServerName, IP, ConnectTM FROM MEMB_STAT where Connectstat=1 order by ConnectTM desc';
$result = mssql_query( $query );

see this picture i am online but "0" zero he can't see me how can i fix this? pls help me

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Bl00d@ng3l said:
that's cool...
btw? are we going to give GMs admin powers?
lolz
You can choose to let GM's either have the power to change their GM characters (and none other), or give them the power to change any character in game. Its yours to decide wether or not you want them to I suppose, on FrogMu GM's have the right to change their GM characters to allew them to participate in party-with-GM events and alike, and to put zen in their characters for party reward. Thats not really admin power to me :)

vantherX said:
nice fragforg its working for me thanks but i have a questions because i've never solve my online characters of my site. i look into my sql under MEMB_STAT i see "0" zero under ConnectStat in my sql but i am online.
Thats not a website related question vantherX, its something wrong with either your database or your gameserver. It cannot be fixed till you fix those :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok thanks for the reply, i will analyze this how to fix it, btw thanks again :D your great man

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Frag,

Maybe u can help me with this problem. Im presently using ur web package 2.0 beta with abyss web server 1.0 beside having problem on the server status, i also have problem with the top players.php errors.
while using this webbase editor i got the error mentioned below. Pls see if u can assist or did i do something wrong. Thks in advance.

Warning: mssql_query(): message: Line 6: Incorrect syntax near ',' (severity 15) in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\editor_busy php on line 124

Warning: mssql_query(): Query failed in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\editor_busy php on line 124

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think thats still a bug I left in it somewhere, caused by updating the status of a character when you don't have the status info loaded already. Here's a guide I wrote for my GM's:

How to use the on-site Character Editor:

Step 1: login
Go to the website ( . Select 'Options' and click the last option, called 'Character Editor (only available for GM's)'. You'll get a login screen.

Enter your username and password, just as you would to login to the game. You'll now get a new screen. Remember, don't login if you're also online in the game, disconnect first before making any changes!

Step 2: selecting and activating your character
Before you do anything, select your GM character from the drop-down menu. Now, click 'Lookup'. You'll see that suddenly all your stat fields have been filled in with your char's data!

Step 3: modifying data
This is fairly easy. Your stats etc should be obvious, just don't put more then 32k in in them or your char will bug. Also, more then 8k agility isn't recommended. Your class, map and pklevel will remain the same if you don't change them, if you do the options should speak for themself. Remember, if you wear DK armor and you switch your class to Soulmaster who can't equip those items your char will lose them!

Step 4: confirming your modifications
When you're done editing you must click 'Submit'. You'll see no stats changed, but instead a note on the buttom telling you to reload your stats by clicking 'Lookup'. Do this and you'll see your new stats! Now you can login again and see your char has been updated!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
error

i got wierd problem. the GM char seems working fine with editing when config to "no". I remember i edited a normal char in gm acc n it works, but now it dont. when im playing ard with only GM char i switch config files to 'no', working smooth and fine, but when playing with normal char inside gm acc, i have to switch to 'yes' , but when i start editing n click on lookup, all stats jump back to normal.

// Specify wether or not GM's are allowed to change other
// characters stats. Enter either 'yes' or 'no'
$gm_unlimited = 'yes';

did i do anything wrong frag bro?

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Fragfrog even if i reload the stats stay the same can u help me ?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
GM's on my server have reported the same problem. Will look into this :)

Back