Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to change the interface and background music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found that changed after ProjectG.exe,Game backgrounds and music has changed 。

How to change the interface and background music?

Creator of Code
Reaction score
download the pakmaker in the release section, unpak all the official projectg*.pak and either edit the images you want or do what i did. I copied them from PangYa US.

After you unpak all those .pak files you rename the data folder (which pangupk.exe makes) to something else, then make your own data folder. Copy all the files you want into that folder and then run "mkpypak.exe data" while standing inside the pakmaker folder.

You will end up with a projectgxxx.pak, search the forum for information about quickpather and you will know how to use it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
download the pakmaker in the release section, unpak all the official projectg*.pak and either edit the images you want or do what i did. I copied them from PangYa US.

After you unpak all those .pak files you rename the data folder (which pangupk.exe makes) to something else, then make your own data folder. Copy all the files you want into that folder and then run "mkpypak.exe data" while standing inside the pakmaker folder.

You will end up with a projectgxxx.pak, search the forum for information about quickpather and you will know how to use it.

What I say is in creating a game room before the interface

I just replaced ProjectG_584.04.exe file so It was changed .

Now is the snow interface, I want to use the original grassland interface

it should be ProjectG_584.04.exe changed calls files

Deny everything.
Reaction score
Changing the 3D background scene is rather simple. Changing the particle effects and BGM is not, though.

You say you want the classic background? That'd be Blue Lagoon.

Here's how you'd do that:
  • Open your ProjectG.exe in a hex-editor
  • Search for the text string "FrUpgradeCaddieDlg"
  • Navigate 10 bytes to the right
  • Assuming you're using an executable with the christmas background, you'll see a string "xmas", replace it with "blue". The available names for the backgrounds can be obtained from the unpacked projectg_blue/pola/moon/sand/silv/etc. PAK files, just unpack them and go into the "rank" subfolder and note what the prefix for that background is (i.e. blue).
  • There is no next step (except testing)

If you figure out a proper way to change the BGM (that means: without swapping MP3 references that'll completely replace music titles) or deactivate the particle effects, please report back.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Changing the 3D background scene is rather simple. Changing the particle effects and BGM is not, though.

You say you want the classic background? That'd be Blue Lagoon.

Here's how you'd do that:
  • Open your ProjectG.exe in a hex-editor
  • Search for the text string "FrUpgradeCaddieDlg"
  • Navigate 10 bytes to the right
  • Assuming you're using an executable with the christmas background, you'll see a string "xmas", replace it with "blue". The available names for the backgrounds can be obtained from the unpacked projectg_blue/pola/moon/sand/silv/etc. PAK files, just unpack them and go into the "rank" subfolder and note what the prefix for that background is (i.e. blue).
  • There is no next step (except testing)

If you figure out a proper way to change the BGM (that means: without swapping MP3 references that'll completely replace music titles) or deactivate the particle effects, please report back.

learned this in my ProjectG seeing? Nice friend !

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Do a search for the text "ui_desktop_icon_click" then scroll up and you'll see two MP3s listed. These are the ones you want to change. The mp3 filenames need to start at the same starting bytes as the original filenames. It doesn't go by number of bytes. I'm trying to figure out the particles now.

Deny everything.
Reaction score
Do a search for the text "ui_desktop_icon_click" then scroll up and you'll see two MP3s listed. These are the ones you want to change. The mp3 filenames need to start at the same starting bytes as the original filenames. It doesn't go by number of bytes. I'm trying to figure out the particles now.

You're doing exactly what I wanted to avoid: Replacing the references. If it were that easy, I would've figured it out long ago.

Try playing a hole of White Wiz or create a lounge and select "winter ride" as music after changing the BGM as you describe and you'll see what I mean...

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hmm, you're right. Sorry about that then. I couldn't find the particles either.

I had compared the old exe and the new one, and the music used in the title for the Eastern Valley version was in the same place as the White Wiz version, so I assumed that it was separate from course BGM listings.

I guess the exe is compiled in such a way that it points to the same place for both title and course? That's pretty annoying.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
. .

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back