Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Can i change player name in family mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i'd like to change the player name such as player1 player2 to others.Can anybody tell me how to do that?Thank you.:thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Search the client executable or the dat file for these specific strings.

Thanks for your answer,Tsukasa.
Are you mention about the dat file in the client?i just cant find it.Do i have to hex ProjectG.exe?

Deny everything.
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer,Tsukasa.
Are you mention about the dat file in the client?i just cant find it.Do i have to hex ProjectG.exe?

If the string you search for is not part of korea.dat or thailand.dat - then yes, that would be the next logical step. :)

Reaction score
I'd agree this is something that should be inside the client SOMEWHERE.

Think of it like this.

Family mode is a "single player" mode that does not directly communicates with the server apart from the items you have.
It has to grab the names PLAYER1 and PLAYER2 from somewhere, and it's not from your database.
So the only logical explaination would be that those strings are somewhere in your client files, either in the language .dat files or in the projectg.exe itself.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for your answers.So I'll try to do it in my client files.
I have opened the English.dat and Korea.dat with UltraEdit but found no such words,maybe the answer lies in the ProjectG.exe.I'll try it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back