Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Changing Scratch Rares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm, i've just tested the scratch system on my server, and it works perfectly, it also gave me the rare item that was the Card Remover.

But i'd like to know, where do i change the scratch rares?
I've searched on Pangya_S4_TH and only found Scratch_Log db.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
o_O it gave you the card remover ?
I tried more than 1500 tickets and got nothing yet o_O

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
o_O without changing anything in the database ? o_O

That would mean that there is a scratch/bongdari flag on the item in an IFF file ?! o_O

It's very weird now. You confused me

Reaction score
I would expect it would be something in the client iff files, too.
Just look at official servers (USA Pangya for example). Every time they add new Gacha or Scratchy rares, they release a client update.
It might be one of the values we haven't figured out yet in the iff files.

**EDIT**

I can confirm Scratchy works!
I just got a Card Remover on my own live server as well.
Now to find how it defines an item as a scratchy rare.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can confirm Scratchy works!
I just got a Card Remover on my own live server as well.
Now to find how it defines an item as a scratchy rare.

Well, i dont understand much about .iff files, but i'll try looking about this here.
If you figure it out, please share with us :)

Deny everything.
Reaction score
At least one of the reasons ntreev pushes out new updates for each scratchy change is to put new graphics in the client in order to inform the user what items are in the current campaign.

*Edit (was using an older IFF to compare)*

Try experimenting with the upper 4 bit of the moneyByte. Normally it's 01 or 02, in this case it's 0001 0000 (which translates to integer 16 and 0x10). I was always under the assumption that this controls whether an item is saleable or not but maybe this is also an control flag for the scratchies.

Apart from that there is nothing that'll indicate the presence of a special flag on the common IFF files. It's also a bit of a mystery why you get Record Tapes and Power Callipers when their records aren't any special.

This would promote the idea of the scratchy rewards either being hard-coded into the ProjectG.exe or being distributed on the server side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back