Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Connecting WAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've searched here and didn't find anything specific, so, anyone with a WAN server working can tell me what do i need to do?

Anything specific to configure on the server files? Which ports to open?

I'm kinda lost cuz i've tried putting all ips WAN, opened ports 1-65535 and it still said server down (Yes, i've changed ip on the ProjectG aswell.)

If anyone could help with that information, i'd appreciate.

(And yes, i've also opened ports on router.)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First of all, all of your .ini configs point to your external IP address, correct? If so, what is your IP address? The original client cannot handle one that is past 8 numbers and four dots - like xx.xx.xx.xx or x.xxx.xx.xx or any configuration like that.

You'll either need to use a virtual networking program like Hamachi (or has anyone tried with Tunngle?) or set up a SOCKS VPN, or use chreadie's Modified Launcher .jar file (search Release Forum) to properly connect.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
First of all, all of your .ini configs point to your external IP address, correct? If so, what is your IP address? The original client cannot handle one that is past 8 numbers and four dots - like xx.xx.xx.xx or x.xxx.xx.xx or any configuration like that.

You'll either need to use a virtual networking program like Hamachi (or has anyone tried with Tunngle?) or set up a SOCKS VPN, or use chreadie's Modified Launcher .jar file (search Release Forum) to properly connect.

Well, i tried hamachi and it was x.xxx.xxx.xxx and worked just fine when i edited it.

But Hamachi kinda gives too much access, i wanted to try wan.
If i use some no-ip.org, or my WAN IP it wont work then?

I've already tried the .jar file, no changes :/

I've also tried the Antinat program Tsukasa posted on some other thread, but it shows nothing when i execute it (i haven't tried much more after that tho).

So, the only way is really that SOCKS thing? ><

Reaction score
WAN IP will work fine.
Just replace all the IP's required with your WAN ip and it should work like a charm.
If it doesn't, check your logs to find the problem.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
WAN IP will work fine.
Just replace all the IP's required with your WAN ip and it should work like a charm.
If it doesn't, check your logs to find the problem.

I've done that, and also opened all the ports.

The server seems to run fine when i start, but when i'm going to connect it says 'login server down'

And how do i check the log? (And why check it?)

Reaction score
Your server writes logs into the directory you specified in the config files.
The logfiles "write down" everything that's happening on the server and if a problem occurs, it will show up in your logs.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Your server writes logs into the directory you specified in the config files.
The logfiles "write down" everything that's happening on the server and if a problem occurs, it will show up in your logs.

Ye, i know, but i can see if there's an error on the window when it's starting, and it shows no error.

However when i'm going to connect it says login server down (And i already tried that with 1-65535 ports opened)

And, which ports do i need to open???

Creator of Code
Reaction score
I noticed that when running with nat, loginserver needs to use LAN ip to work. The other servera run fine with WAN ip.

Reaction score
I noticed that when running with nat, loginserver needs to use LAN ip to work. The other servera run fine with WAN ip.

On my server, all instances use my WAN IP.

@brumas: Do you have an additional firewall or anything up? Windows Firewall perhaps?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
On my server, all instances use my WAN IP.

@brumas: Do you have an additional firewall or anything up? Windows Firewall perhaps?

Well, i use router, so i have to open the ports, the only additional firewal is the main Win7 firewall, and i've opened ports there aswell :/

(No one know which ports do i need to open at the router?)

Creator of Code
Reaction score
at the router you need to open the ports specified in the ini-files and point these to the IP of the computer running the server.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
at the router you need to open the ports specified in the ini-files and point these to the IP of the computer running the server.

The problem is that for testing purposes i've opened 1-65535 ports directed to my PC, i loaded the server files and it worked just fine, but still when i tried to connect it said 'Login server down'.

:S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back