Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Direct Character Model Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
After having my server running for a bit and playing around with the .jpeg textures i decided to start remodeling a few of the characters parts such as hair and clothes. I decided to start with Arins Red/yellow lilly hair model and, after editing it even the slightest and reconverting it into an .mpet file i get this funky thing going on where there's her hair on her head, and the "edited version" floating above her head as seen here
G0dzilla2000 - Direct Character Model Editing - RaGEZONE Forums

after a few hours of different editing methods and tests (like just moving a point to see if the changed model will load) i decided to try and post here to see if anyone can help. Thanks in advanced!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Har Harr~ Gub jub making Arin looks like a nerd girl xD

Well the only person would know this kind of stuff would be hontoshadow aka HSReina. Perhaps contacting her directly would have some solution.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Don't know how you're doing it, but if you're using addmpet, it adds to the model. You need to use ajstmpet if you are adjusting the verts. It's been a long time since I used the tools, but I think you can ajstmpet the original verts to be tiny and then use addmpet to apply the mesh you want on top.

Last edited:
Deny everything.
Reaction score
Don't know how you're doing it, but if you're using addmpet, it adds to the model. You need to use ajstmpet if you are adjusting the verts. It's been a long time since I used the tools, but I think you can ajstmpet the original verts to be tiny and then use addmpet to apply the mesh you want on top.

Wow, thanks for that tip Patchouli!

Tested and works fine (at least for the two items I tinkered with):
  • Unpack mpet file with MpetMpq.
  • Edit with Metaseq.
  • Run AjstMpet with the mpet file as argument.
  • Rename the newly created .new file to .mpet and try ingame.

Good to know the tools still work.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
No problem, glad I was able to help. I kinda thought everyone would know how to use the tools because they've been out for so long.

I haven't touched the tools in 5 years, but if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No problem, glad I was able to help. I kinda thought everyone would know how to use the tools because they've been out for so long.

I haven't touched the tools in 5 years, but if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Just noticed someone actually posted in my thread again, thanks for the info Tsu and Patch, im gonna try this now to see if I actually understand what you guys just posted >.<
and would you still use ajstMpet even if your adding things like created objects and not just adjusting vertexes?

EDIT------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whenever i use AjstMpet it creates a .NEW file with a size of 10KB just wondering if thats normal considering the original files were roughly 80+KB

Just tested it, crashes pangya when trying to equip edited items. Using Windows 7 X64 if it matters

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Check your private messages, Godzilla. I think the problem is either you deleted verts or you shrank them too much. But I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back