Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Editing Character MPETs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I wanted to try doing what I thought would be simple edits to MPET files. I wanted to start with Hana's Black Wedding Dress, and remove the chiffon (see-through) part of the dress:

I proceeded to edit the MPET-converted-to-MQO in Metasequoia:

I saved the edit and converted the MQO file back into MPET, repacked the PAK file, and got this:

Clealy, I missed something, but I have no idea what.

Deny everything.
Reaction score
Does the same also happen if you take the base model, convert it, save the same model without edits again and convert it back? If yes, it could indicate a problem with the tools and/or some models.

Here's one more thing to try: Instead of removing the vertices, try to set the alpha value of the object to null so it becomes transparent.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Edit the MQO how so? I don't think deleting verts works, you have to shrink them out of sight and then use AJSTMPET to apply the changes of your edited MQO to the original MPET. It should spit out a new file that you can then use in-game.

Basically, AJSTMPET is for modifying existing verts. I don't think it supports deletion. When you use it, it will generate a new MPET using the changes from your MQO to the original MPET.

ADDMPET is for appending/attaching new mesh to existing files. There's a way to do weights/blends but I don't know how. I haven't really tried it yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back