Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

error occurred while receiving the file list from the Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
iXpressVEVO - error occurred while receiving the file list from the Server - RaGEZONE Forums

How to fix?

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

Win7 Ultimate 32 Bit

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Error in Server ini3...

check the game folder has that file inside: update.cln

Last edited:
Creator of Code
Reaction score
Make sure that file is there, and that error comes from a filetransfer error (lost packets or whatever) while getting the file from ini3's server (ini3 is the thai company running PangYa in thailand)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
did u mean that i must connected to the internet?
if not, where i can found that update.cln? cuz it didnt exist in my game folder

-Edited-
it works well now, thanks :D but now i can't login to the server :(

Last edited:
Deny everything.
Reaction score
gempz, per default the game connects to ini3's patch-servers every time you start it - so yes, you have to be online or you'll get the error iXpressVEVO shows in his initial post. However, you can set up your own patch-server (or at least pretend to be one) and modify the URL in ProjectG.exe - allowing you to play offline without internet connection.

If you're interested in changing the patch-server, do the following:
  • Grab the updatelist from
  • Get portable XAMPP, IIS or whatever webserver you like up and running on your local machine/server.
  • Create a new directory patch_S4 in the htdocs/webroot and place the updatelist you grabbed in it.
  • Open your ProjectG.exe with a hex editor, search for patch.pangya.in.th and replace it with your machine's hostname/IP address. If your modification uses less characters than the original address, fill up the rest of the address with the hex values 00.

The login problem is a whole different story (and has probably been answered already - so do a quick search and check the stickies!) and not part of this topic.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
gempz, per default the game connects to ini3's patch-servers every time you start it - so yes, you have to be online or you'll get the error iXpressVEVO shows in his initial post. However, you can set up your own patch-server (or at least pretend to be one) and modify the URL in ProjectG.exe - allowing you to play offline without internet connection.

• Get portable XAMPP, IIS or whatever webserver you like up and running on your local machine/server.
  • Create a new directory patch_S4 in the htdocs/webroot and place the updatelist you grabbed in it.
  • Open your ProjectG.exe with a hex editor, search for patch.pangya.in.th and replace it with your machine's hostname/IP address. If your modification uses less characters than the original address, fill up the rest of the address with the hex values 00.

The login problem is a whole different story (and has probably been answered already - so do a quick search and check the stickies!) and not part of this topic.

im going to do a little test Tsukasa im make a folder name it patch_S4 drop the file in it put it in my install dir and change

to C:\Program Files\NtreevSoft\PangYa_Th and see if it pulls the file local or not

Deny everything.
Reaction score
I can already tell you it won't because a.) your local path is much longer than the original address and b.) it's using calls do grab the file.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
would replacing the entire line with 00 stop it from calling the file

Deny everything.
Reaction score
The reason the error pops up in the first place is because the file cannot be pulled (let it be because the patch-server is down or whatever). What you're suggesting is giving the client an address that can never ever be pulled from. I'd think the chance for success is extremely low.

If you want to disable it so badly, try what chreadie suggested (although I somehow doubt that's all, you probably also need to jump over the part where the file is actually getting parsed - but that's not my forte).

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
im going to do a little test Tsukasa im make a folder name it patch_S4 drop the file in it put it in my install dir and change

to C:\Program Files\NtreevSoft\PangYa_Th and see if it pulls the file local or not

it's work Thank

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

umm, still a bit confused about this. does replacing the patch.pangya.in.th with either my machine's hostname/IP address will do the same result? because i got a problem how to acquire my local machine IP..

oh and also i use xampp like Tsukasa, but cannot found the webroot inside htdocs :mellow:

Deny everything.
Reaction score
o_O really it failed when i tried it

Yeah, curious thing. Because replacing the address with a local path cannot work - WinINet only supports HTTP and FTP. I'd say ignore his post :)

umm, still a bit confused about this. does replacing the patch.pangya.in.th with either my machine's hostname/IP address will do the same result? because i got a problem how to acquire my local machine IP..
Yes, there should be no difference whether you're using your IP address or your hostname (except in some exotic network configurations).

An easy way to check whether this will go well is by opening your browser and checking whether visiting works. If you see your website you can safely hex the address into your ProjectG.exe.

oh and also i use xampp like Tsukasa, but cannot found the webroot inside htdocs :mellow:
The webroot or wwwroot is the IIS counterpart of the Apache's htdocs folder. So for your XAMPP you'll simply create the patch_S4 folder inside your htdocs folder and put the updatelist in the patch_S4 folder. Sorry if this was misleading.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i went to fasa's exe cause i read the updatelist was disabled in it i can give up hearing guitar clubs for trouble free gaming

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
bleh, still wont works when i change it to my hostname/IP. maybe it because im behind a proxy?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i made a personal ftp and replaced the url with

and im instant load now

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i went to fasa's exe cause i read the updatelist was disabled in it i can give up hearing guitar clubs for trouble free gaming

fasa's exe? where i can find it? had search it but no luck..

also i tried like Acardia do but now the error message changed to "An error occurred while reading the file list" :glare:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
fasa's exe? where i can find it? had search it but no luck..

also i tried like Acardia do but now the error message changed to "An error occurred while reading the file list" :glare:

get fasa's exe from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back