Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Error ProjectG ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Most often in the game, the game crashes, sometimes even have to restart the power, and also often gives projectg error in sending and not sending ...

Help Me Please :*:

Deny everything.
Reaction score
Without any details there's basically no way to help you here except writing "ask the Ntreev staff". ;)

Please provide:
- The version number of the executable you use (would be great if you could also state whether it's fasa2008's, bubbastic's or some self-hexed executable).
- The font you use (original TH font or did you modify the executable to use the GB font for western/BR characters?).
- Do you use any custom or imported items on your client?
- Is the error reproduceable? How do you provoke the crash?

Also, for the sake of providing as much unbiased details as possible, please run the game in windowed mode (i.e. 1024x768) to ensure you'll see error messages (if there are any) popping up.

Without any description of how the crash manifests itself (application just closes, throws an error message, freezes) it's hard to tell what goes wrong. If you have a second machine, you can also try to RDP into it during a crash to see whether it's really a crash in the operating system (as you describe it) or just a game unwilling to let go of it's focus. In windowed mode you can at least kill the game via the taskmanager.

If you use a non-TH font, there's a good chance the game will crash because some of the dialogues in the game are hardcoded into ProjectG, causing non-TH fonts to go haywire and the game to freeze.

In case you're using the original TH font and the game closes whenever a certain player makes an appearance, it'd be a fair guess to say you're missing some models.

But again: Without knowing the specifics of how the problem manifests itself, there's little we can do.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This gives more in Windows 7.

Always lock at halftime ...

I use this ProjectG of Fasa2008, and a font file BR also.

So is This?

Deny everything.
Reaction score
Sorry, don't know what you mean with "halftime", would be great if you could describe a typical scenario (like: I start a VS game with 9 holes, play 3 holes and the game locks up) along with a lot more details.

Without knowing what happens prior to the crash, there's no indication what could be wrong. Right now you provide little to no insight.

Currently my ideas range from missing graphics to missing models up to corrupted data or text with characters you can't display. That's a big field right now, so it'd be great if we could narrow it down somehow.

If it's not too much trouble you could try a vanilla client with just fasa2008's executable (no modifications like IFF editing, custom textures/models/graphics or font changes) to see whether it'll occur under these circumstances as well. If that's the case, it's probably a bug in the game or in the modified executable.

Help us to help you. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Like Tsu said, it's never a good idea to start off with a slightly or heavilly modified client (if you have no idea if the changes will work or not).

Setup a default server+client first, and start modding one step at a time from there.
Read through the stickies, in one of them (can't really remember which one atm) there's a link to a mirror where basically all client files are gathered, use those to build your client.

I'm using windows 7 myself and I have no problems. The only OS i've seen with frequent problems is Windows Vista, which is obvious because it sucks, if you ask me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back