Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A Better Way To Host The Update List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
For those who dont want to setup a webserver you can use this tool to host your update list

Deny everything.
Reaction score
Smart people will go with a real web-server like Apache or IIS for the simple reason it can be used with PHP (or virtually any other scripting language) - which enables you to use Ghost data upload and UCC as they become available.

HFS won't allow you these features. Just keep that in mind when making your choice.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Smart people will go with a real web-server like Apache or IIS for the simple reason it can be used with PHP (or virtually any other scripting language) - which enables you to use Ghost data upload and UCC as they become available.

HFS won't allow you these features. Just keep that in mind when making your choice.

Hello my friend, tsukasa. I have a question I can use the Internet Information Service to make an FTP server and use the Quick Patcher, in a computer with win2003 server ...?

Last edited:
Deny everything.
Reaction score
Hello my friend, tsukasa. I have a question I can use the Internet Information Service to make an FTP server and use the Quick Patcher, in a computer with win2003 server ...?

Absolutely, yes.

You might have to add some custom filetype definitions in IIS so the updatelist gets treated as a binary file. I didn't test that, so if you run into problems, that's probably one point to consider.

House-and-garden users (as in: People who don't run a server exclusively on a dedicated machine) should heed chreadie's advice: Get XAMPP. It's already pre-configured, runs portable from every thumbdrive and builds on the solid Apache web-server I recommend. :)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you wish to host your full updates then be careful with the plus in iis 7! You have to enable "AllowDoubleEscape" on that Domain/Folder. To get your updatelist file running in IIS simply add the following MIME-Type for the patch_S4 folder only:

File Extension: *
Type: application/octet-stream

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Xampp, and IIS on 2003 are both severely bad ideas unless you're heavily versed in operating environment security, and how to ensure wamp, Xampp, etc. are secured. I myself, say to instal apache, and mysql as seperate services, and learn your way around them while you don't need them. it's more secure, and you have more control. Ultimately, it's better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back