Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Intruding Tourney Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was playing with my friends, and they told me of this weird bug, when they intruded a room, the message that was showing up was lagging too much.

That is probably 'cause i use a font that doesn't support Thai. So, i'd like to ask a little help: does anyone know where do i change that msg to something like "$user has joined the room"?

I think that it might be in the ProjectG as it's similar to some other cases i already fixed with the help of other members from here, but since i can't type or copy the msg, i can't find it there either. :/

Thanks in advance. :)

brumas - Intruding Tourney Message - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Deny everything.
Reaction score
As long as you have a screenshot, it's possible to easily reconstruct the message you see.

The message you search is:
Code:
(ŸËž²) \c0xffffffff\c%s\c0xffff7878\cŽÔÀÌ °ÔÀÓÁß¿¡ ÀÔÀåÇό̜ÀŽÏŽÙ.
(Note: Due to differences in the fonts, the symbols look slightly different here. I can assure you that the hex values are still correct, though! You should copy the characters into a new text-file and save it as a ISO-8859-15 [Western] encoded document.)

Contrary to what you'd expect, the message isn't in Thai but in Korean. To get a somewhat usable Google-translatable text, you can create a new html document like this one:

Code:
<html>
<head>
   <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=euc-kr" />
</head>

<body>
   <p>(ŸËž²) \c0xffffffff\c%s\c0xffff7878\cŽÔÀÌ °ÔÀÓÁß¿¡ ÀÔÀåÇό̜ÀŽÏŽÙ.<p>
   <hr />
</body>
</html>

Opening this page in a browser of your choice should give you the original Korean text.

Now, as for the method of finding strings like this:
Pop up Windows' character table and start looking for symbols you can reconstruct. Remember to use the font you also use in Pangya (in this case: Verdana or Arial, depending on what you changed it to). For this string, the beginning and the end are notable. And we know there's a colorchange as well as a field for a string somewhere in the middle.

So, click together the first part (excluding the parentheses) and search for this string in ProjectG... you'll get a few results but just by looking you'll notice the difference in the following characters and the absence of the previously mentioned colorchange/nickname. So continue to jump from result to result - until you hit the message seen above.

The second line is a tough one - it doesn't have any readable characters except the ones we already searched for. That's where trial & error comes in... ugly way to solve it, but meh...

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Took me 5 attempts, but i fixed. thanks Tsukasa.

But now i have another question, how did you reconstruct the message from the screenshot?

'Cause i've already find another message that causes lag. (The one that shows up when someone quit 18h vs, and asks if you wanna keep playing.)

I know this one probably won't be ProjectG, but if i can reconstruct the text, it could be much easier.

brumas - Intruding Tourney Message - RaGEZONE Forums

This is the img btw.

Deny everything.
Reaction score
I gave an outline of the method in my previous post; since there isn't really any magic to it, the post basically touches all important details.

If you're using an English .dat file for your thailand.dat, the probability is high that the message you see in your screenshot is contained within ProjectG. There are two string-segments that you could look for (the "AoCa"-looking one that seems to appear at the start and near the end + the "CI½A°½AI±" look-alike at the end).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back