Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Where is Pangya Online headed?

Reaction score
Hi,

As the new moderator of this section I'd like to take sometime out to first of all say Hi :):

As I'm new to this section and new to Pangya I decided to spend an hour or two looking through the threads and trying to get started on how the game works.

While browsing I've noticed that the action in this section has died off sadly. I'm looking to understand what went wrong within this section or Pangya it's self. Is it Pangya in general? Is it just here? Can it ever be popular again? Is this as popular as it ever was?

Post below all your thoughts about Pangya and where it's headed or where it can head.

Cheers.

Reactions: DNC
Reaction score
I think mainly the section 'died off' because the incredible developers that we've had working on the server files in the past resigned or no longer are active on RaGEZONE, the rest of the section was mainly leechers who had no real clue what they were doing.

See this section as a car....where the developers are the engine.
Take out the engine and the car won't run.

I used to mod this section myself in the past and even then it was already going downhill over time.

I've been thinking many times of coming back to Pangya myself and perhaps pickup things where I left off.

Reaction score
I think mainly the section 'died off' because the incredible developers that we've had working on the server files in the past resigned or no longer are active on RaGEZONE, the rest of the section was mainly leechers who had no real clue what they were doing.

See this section as a car....where the developers are the engine.
Take out the engine and the car won't run.

I used to mod this section myself in the past and even then it was already going downhill over time.

I've been thinking many times of coming back to Pangya myself and perhaps pickup things where I left off.

Ah I see. Well if you do get back into it, do count me in! I am finding a bit hard to understand the whole game, but I wouldn't mind getting into it. Just would like some advice from someone who knows what they are doing. :):

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Then let me welcome you into this section, which kind of 'died off' as Sarah already mentioned. Like she said, the problem was, there were way too many ungrateful leechers. They complained about stuff not working and were not even looking into it, not even trying to do something to get it work. Most of the problems they had were minor ones. I'd love to continue this stuff, but we also need someone who is into "Executable Protection Removal" and Reverse Engineering stuff, so we can get these things back working again.

Sarah, you can count me in, too :)

I hope, someone who is into programming, too, will join us here.

It still is as popular as it ever was, but those guys at ntreev/mayn/whatever company is running it released a new engine so we are stuck with "Pangya Delight" for now.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
To be fair everything that could possibly be done on season 4.9 was already done, and released here at some point. I had little understanding of SQL, hex editing files and everything was kinda hard, but still learned alot and developed lots for my personal server. But as stated, most here were just leechers that wouldn't even try anything by themselves, so, I don't think there's anything left to be done on this season that would possibly attract new players.

Basically, to get this going again we'd need files from a newer season. I've seen about 4~5 guys around developing servers from the newer seasons, but none ever released any files that could be decently worked on by non-professional programmers. We got some S6 files here, but it was pretty much an: "open the game, login, and that's it" kind of files.

So, unless we can get new files (and decent ones), this section (and the game itself) will remain pretty much dead imo.

Reaction score
I'm intending to start looking into Pangya Online again after my birthday on the 23rd.
Maybe even to the point of reviving the old Pangya server I was once running.

No doubt daedalus remembers it well as he helped me with many things :)

But as he said before, we'll need some people with specific skills.
Let the hunt begin, my friends!

Reaction score
@FatalLulz hvdaedalus

%UPDATE%

As we speak I am working on PangYa again.
To begin I'm starting to get a basic S4.9 server up and running as I once had in the past and apply the known fixes before looking further into things left to do.

I'm in fact planning to bring back a public Pangya server so if people are interested in working alongside me on that project that's very welcome as well.
Just contact me through PM if you think you are capable of helping out.
Mainly I'll need people experienced with the PangYa client as that's one of the things I never looked into too much.

Reaction score
FatalLulz hvdaedalus

%UPDATE%

As we speak I am working on PangYa again.
To begin I'm starting to get a basic S4.9 server up and running as I once had in the past and apply the known fixes before looking further into things left to do.

I'm in fact planning to bring back a public Pangya server so if people are interested in working alongside me on that project that's very welcome as well.
Just contact me through PM if you think you are capable of helping out.
Mainly I'll need people experienced with the PangYa client as that's one of the things I never looked into too much.

I would like to help and give Pangya a try but I'm without a computer for a while sadly. But I'd like to know progress and maybe some more information about pangya. :):

Reaction score
Been working some overnighters lately on PangYa to start getting back into it and the basics are pretty much done.
Meaning:

- Server runs properly
- Client works and is 90% translated into English
- Updater works and grabs patches off the server (credits to hvdaedalus for releasing the patched update.exe)

Now I'm starting to look into expanding the server by adding more items to the shop and maybe import some new items.

People who wanna work on it with me are free to add me on skype (sarah.pangya)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Could use some help or team viewer help so I can help along the way leechers huh I guess that makes sense well anyways would love to help out but first I need some one on one with someone who can show me so I can learn and contribute I have Pangya portable which is aswome but I miss the pic client didn't think I would get back into it lol

Back