Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

To all Pangya Server hosters

Reaction score
Recently, Pangya USA posted this announcement on their website:

Code:
Attention Pangya Players:

In regards to Pangya private servers:

It has been brought to our attention that some players are accessing Pangya private servers.
We strongly encourage players from around the world to steer  clear of private servers in any capacity.

Any and all Pangya images, characters, items, names, rights, likenesses, and possessions are owned wholly and solely by Ntreev Soft and the appointed regional publishers and business partners of Ntreev Soft.

Unapproved Pangya servers are in direct violation of Federal and International Law. 

Both Ntreev Soft and all of their partners can and will take legal action against the host(s) of Pangya private servers, and as such have taken appropriate measures in seeking legal action against any persons or entities hosting or attempting to host private servers in any way.

-- Pangya Team

I'm not sure wether to take this seriously or not and how far they would go. But I'd advise to take care with what you're doing.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lol, they would only take actions in servers that are getting money from that, like the Gmaniacos.

Unless you're selling stuff in private servers, i don't see why they'd bother doing anything.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm a lot happier that my friends and I can play Pangya privately without having to worry about third parties blocking our countries (after taking our money) or hackers ruining the game for us, so lots of gratitude and appreciation to everyone here for their hard work.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lol, they would only take actions in servers that are getting money from that, like the Gmaniacos.

Unless you're selling stuff in private servers, i don't see why they'd bother doing anything.

Donations or charging don't matter Ntreev would still sue for damages since your using there copyright material without buying the rights every texture model in this game belongs to them ntreev has sued in the past and unlike Nexon & Gravity they win Cases they File.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Donations or charging don't matter Ntreev would still sue for damages since your using there copyright material without buying the rights every texture model in this game belongs to them ntreev has sued in the past and unlike Nexon & Gravity they win Cases they File.

Ye, but if you get nothing from that, i don't see why they'd care much, they would only lose money taking actions like that.

The only server i see atm that they'd care to take an action would be the Gmaniacos, i'd say that others can pretty much careless at this point.

Last edited:
Creator of Code
Reaction score
Ye, but if you get nothing from that, i don't see why they'd care much, they would only lose money taking actions like that.

The only server i see atm that they'd care to take an action would be the Gmaniacos, i'd say that others can pretty much careless at this point.

They care since every public private server takes potential customers from them.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
And what about every non-paying player on their servers? They are just being treated like crap! (Look at the stuff you'll get for pang and not for points!) I hate this, that is why I host my server privately. Think of it: "The more you pay, the better you are!" - sounds like their motto.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Think of it: "The more you pay, the better you are!" - sounds like their motto.

Not exactly : you can spend thousands dollars on their server and you're still treated like crap... and they ban you for no reason and never fix any bug.

I don't care about their warning and they should really think why people go on private servers : because their official server sucks and people are bored of paying hundred dollars to get descent equipment! The best joke is "banned for account sharing" when you never shared anything

Creator of Code
Reaction score
Id rather be able to play for free then pay an annual cost every month.

I cant bland them för posting something like that, its what they get their INCOME from. Most of the users here have other jobs or have parents with jobs. Think about that for a moment.

With that said im all for what we do here since it enables me to play with my friends without lag and without disconnections.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
it enables me to play with my friends without lag and without disconnections.

That is exactly, what it means playin on P-Servers. Disconnection Issues without ever being solved (Message via Messenger leads to disconnect bug has never been solved).

I loved to play Ice-Cannon. Since this buggy rolling back stuff I hardly ever play it on NTREEV.

Reaction score
the final goal is to close western Pangya and only leave Pangya.Kr / Jp / Th online.
They don't care anymore for Pangya.US.
Like one of their GM said: Pangya.US isnt the game that brings them money.
Now SGi bought Ntreev's Pangya US for just one reason: try to migrate their n°1 FPS to the western side.
I used to play there since beta S2 and it never improved. A lot of hacking, bugs, cheaters, overpriced items, many fonctions disabled and a lot more...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You guys shouldnt be scared , not like they gonna come to your house and cuff you and take you to jail. Experiment something that would hide any traces that might lead to your personal information etc. Maybe spoofed addresses or something.When they approach you and say theyre gonna sue you or anything just give them the finger and block.

Deny everything.
Reaction score
I really pondered whether or not I should even bother replying to this, but I think with some of the statements posted here, it's only fair game.

And what about every non-paying player on their servers? They are just being treated like crap! (Look at the stuff you'll get for pang and not for points!) I hate this, that is why I host my server privately. Think of it: "The more you pay, the better you are!" - sounds like their motto.

You do realize that this is part of the "free-to-play" business plan, right? If you pay, you are a better customer. Non-paying players are just filling material to attract even more players, eventually causing those new players to buy points/cookies. It's a good and valid plan that's been in use in a plethora of games, so why exactly is Ntreev the only evil entity here? If there are no reasons to buy cookies, there is no money to keep the game running.

Not exactly : you can spend thousands dollars on their server and you're still treated like crap... and they ban you for no reason and never fix any bug.
I'd love to see the uproar when SGI starts treating people depending on how much they've spent on the game. Players are players - they have to treat them all as equals, even if that means equally bad.

Depending on the GM or staffer you get in contact with I agree that SGI's track record isn't exactly stellar. There's enough people that got banned indefinitely themselves for reporting cheaters or a simple slip of tongue.

I don't care about their warning and they should really think why people go on private servers : because their official server sucks and people are bored of paying hundred dollars to get descent equipment! The best joke is "banned for account sharing" when you never shared anything
I agree they should look into the community's requests a bit more open. Some of the very basic requests are 4 years old now and still valid (i.e. GameGuard doesn't do what it's supposed to do).

the final goal is to close western Pangya and only leave Pangya.Kr / Jp / Th online.
They don't care anymore for Pangya.US.
Like one of their GM said: Pangya.US isnt the game that brings them money.
Games designed for the Asian market rarely make it in the western world. People usually like their online games to either be casual (think: Farmville) or hardcore (think: WoW, Battlefield etc.). The market is simply satisfied with what it already has. It's the same for Asia - except that the shares are different and Pangya holds quite a top spot there.

I highly doubt that pouring tens of thousands of dollars into the global Pangya service will change that. They'd be fools to burn their money on a game that has only a very limited fan-base. And as of now I don't see any indication that the Global service will shutdown anytime soon. They're on S4.9 as well, so what's the deal?

I used to play there since beta S2 and it never improved. A lot of hacking, bugs, cheaters, overpriced items, many fonctions disabled and a lot more...
A18 and all following global services always were 6-12 months behind the rest. I don't think we ever got an answer as to why. And I think it's hard to say that the items are overpriced when looking at the JP service. The prices there are even higher.

The cheating problem suddenly vanished for a brief moment when all BR players were banned. After letting them back on, it was worse than ever. Feel free to disagree here . :)

You guys shouldnt be scared , not like they gonna come to your house and cuff you and take you to jail.
If Ntreev gets to you it'll be for money, not jail-time. Only a fool would ignore their announcement. I think it speaks for itself when they post an announcement like that on the main page of the game. Especially when it's so vaguely written.

Who are they going after? Public servers? People on this forum? Fansites using graphics from the game? It's unclear.

The phrase "entities hosting or attempting to host private servers in any way" is quite tangible. I don't even run a Pangya server but could still be within that definition simply by being here and answering questions.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This puts everything into a new point of view. Even answering questions is becoming crime nowadays >.< What are they going to do anyway? Can they really stop us? There are now thousands of copies of this server round the net. Are they going to sue anyone who hosts one? Of course they can report at Megaupload and other services, but does that really change anything?

Since they are taking action in posting a notice, many of us will get frightened and stop their hosting. This does also show that they are afraid of losing their customers! You can be sure that they will take action, but how or what is totally unclear (like Tsukasa already mentioned). They will probably get you to pay thousands of dollars for every player on your server depending on your hosting time (was once like that in Ragnarok Online).

My action for now will be the following: Staying in the shadows, silently watching what is going on. Gathering information is anything we can hardly do now.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If Ntreev gets to you it'll be for money, not jail-time. Only a fool would ignore their announcement. I think it speaks for itself when they post an announcement like that on the main page of the game. Especially when it's so vaguely written.

Who are they going after? Public servers? People on this forum? Fansites using graphics from the game? It's unclear.

The phrase "entities hosting or attempting to host private servers in any way" is quite tangible. I don't even run a Pangya server but could still be within that definition simply by being here and answering questions.

If they were THAT serious they would barge in here and ask the owner to delete the whole pangya section lol.

I wonder why do they bother to make the notice if they have the legal actions to take and can do it silently?

Deny everything.
Reaction score
If they were THAT serious they would barge in here and ask the owner to delete the whole pangya section lol.

I wonder why do they bother to make the notice if they have the legal actions to take and can do it silently?

There's no point in shutting down 1 forum. The files are floating around the web for 5 months now. They weren't posted here in the first place, either. It's virtually impossible to censor all links and keep people from obtaining files or help, as hvdaedalus points out. RaGEZONE is popular but it's by far not the only forum with a server development subsection.

And who says they haven't already taken legal actions? I'm not sure where you live but gathering personal informations and preparing lawsuits isn't something you do between breakfast and lunch. The announcement reads "[...]and as such have taken appropriate measures in seeking legal action against[...]" - now, English isn't my primary language but "have taken" is somewhere in the past, right?

Maybe they're nice, giving people the chance to stop on their own accord. It wouldn't be the first time a company turns a blind eye and focuses on stubborn people. Since Gmaniacos doesn't even seem to care, it'll be interesting to see whether something will happen or not - as brumas points out they should be one the biggest servers right now and therefore one of the biggest problems.

As for the purpose of the announcement: It just looks a hell lot better posting a message of impending doom on your site than just silently killing servers. It's a good PR-stunt, reminding players not to go astray and causing discussions such as this thread.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Based on what I have seen in the past, I think they are after the big servers that are making money out of it.
Personally, my server had quite a playerbase (20-30 people on at the same time with over 500 accounts website-wise and over 1200 accounts db-wise.
I decided to put my server to rest and take the web offline for a bit until I've seen what NTreev is going to do or has done.

Blizzard has sued a few World of Warcraft servers as well, and they were big ones that made hundreds of thousands of dollars from their players.
As Tsukasa and brumas pointed out, gmaniacs is big...there's also Pangya Brasil which has a good playerbase as well and offers payments for ingame items (not listed as "donations"). So I expect them to focus on those kind of servers, but we never know for sure.

All we can do right now is wait and see what happens.
So far I haven't been contacted by NTreev or whatsoever.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
appologies then~ , from where I live.. nothing like this happened, atleast in my intelligence :S since not many games are developed here. I guess we'll just wait and see what they're gonna do because if it stays like this there wont be any pangya pservers in the future since we all are terrified and in awe.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I guess people will speculate on this, but i say go through with what ever projects you have and forget about it. If you have balls for it.

Is what I'd normally say. But we're talking about international laws. I've already been contacted by an old friend who works for the publishers of Pangya here in our country. They said better quit now while i can and stop further making what ever with the server.

I told them that when the files were Season 1 no one reacted, No one even said anything. I bet when they get season 5 they'll forget about this so if we're gonna wait lets just wait for S5. then continue with everything else.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
When they took Galaxy games license, some ppl wanted to sue Ntreev who answered there's nothing you can do. So how could Ntreev do something now LMAO
Just shenanigans XD
So what? Sending the F.I.B. knocking on the door ? lol
How come there is so much private game server and companies do nothing ? Because they can't

So hmm I'll work on item recycle XD

Last edited:
Back