Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Porting Items between the Clients

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have tried to port the items between the clients. It simply doesn't work.

Here is what I did:
Copied full Hex Code from Pangya USA Part.iff to Part.iff from pangya_th.iff.
Changed ItemID to match an empty one on the server.
Created Item in Item_typelist database on the server.
Copied additional Files mentioned in the hex values from Pangya USA to Pangya Thai to appropriate locations.
Created new Pakfile.
Placed into Client.

Naming condition: projectgxxxth.pak

The Item does not appear. It is not there. I don't know what i did wrong.
I will provide the created PAK if needed.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
try to unpack the PangyaUSA's exe and use it , it probably works

Deny everything.
Reaction score
top1, that's irrelevant. The items are in the PAK files - if they're missing in there, swapping out the client executable won't change the situation (apart from creating more client-side problems due to different filenames).

As for the topic: Keep X_Sarah_X's post in mind and copy the pangya_th.iff you modified to the login and game server directory.

Unfortunately you didn't exactly tell the very name of the PAK file you created, so I assume it's really projectgxxxth.pak. You cannot name the PAK file projectgxxxth.pak though, without a valid updatelist to include your custom PAK file it won't be loaded (note: At least on older versions people were able to modify the client to force PAK loading, that's a whole different topic though).

Try repacking the latest existing one and swap out the original pangya_th.iff with your modified one. If it still doesn't work chances are good that you didn't modify the item properly.

You can then try to give it to you through the database. If it won't show up in your inventory, there really is something wrong. Otherwise only the shop flags are wrong - which is simple enough to fix. :)

If the PAK file is small, feel free to attach it so we can take a look at it.

Last edited:
Creator of Code
Reaction score
one more thing to consider: You need to change the amount of items that appear inside the iff-files. First byte in the file is used for this.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
At first I need to say I named the PAK file projectg503th.pak. I will try out chreadies method and thanks for so much effort to help :) Nowhere else is like ragezone :D I will attach the file later. It's only one item, so the file contains only 4-5 files and has a filesize about 400KB.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
At first I need to say I named the PAK file projectg503th.pak. I will try out chreadies method and thanks for so much effort to help :) Nowhere else is like ragezone :D I will attach the file later. It's only one item, so the file contains only 4-5 files and has a filesize about 400KB.

You need to unpack the last pak file (should be 582thf, probably) and put your stuff in there. Each successive pak has a pangya_th.iff file, and I'm pretty sure they override the earlier paks pangya_th.iff files.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You need to unpack the last pak file (should be 582thf, probably) and put your stuff in there. Each successive pak has a pangya_th.iff file, and I'm pretty sure they override the earlier paks pangya_th.iff files.
Pak Files in My Client Folder:

projectg500+.pak
projectg501th.pak
projectg502th.pak
projectg503th.pak

+ Courses Pak

So, no need to rename it to projectg582thf.pak

//Edit:
So, chreadies helped me out and it's not only the first byte, it's the first two bytes which contain the number of files in reverse order. I ran into another problem, who would've thought that :D

I can send it to me via "/giveitem", but it simply disappears instead of being inserted into myroom inventory.

Last edited:
Creator of Code
Reaction score
icon-files and such are all there? pet-files? i dont know what files are required but i know some of them are referenced from inside projectg.exe

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could you take a look at it for yourself? In my eyes this seems to be correct, but i think i missed something, but i don't know what or where. Maybe there is another place in the database i have to put it in, i don't know.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, I did. To LS dir and to GS dir. Like I said, I have now the problem that this item vanishes, when I try to get it from my mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back