• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

How to use Quick Patch?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Pangya 4.9 Server + 584 TH Client

Hey guy's my server is already started and looks fine. And I aware that when we open the ProjectG either it's from the sticky thread the game it self will check the update list from patch.pangya.th.in so i can't play offline, so anyone can instruct me how to use it? maybe using some picture can help. Thank you.

Ah 1 more thing,is there anyone can help me change the language to english? I really confused by the language..

Thank you very much :D:

Deny everything.
Reaction score
The easiest way to use QuickPatch is to copy your entire client folder to another location, start QuickPatch, select the client folder, set the patch number to > 500 and you should be good to go.

The result will be a folder full of packed files and a updatelist.xml. Copy all these files to a local web-server (i.e. a portable XAMPP), retain the original directory structure of the patchserver (i.e. http://localhost/update_S4, so put your files in <XAMPP>\htdocs\update_S4), hex patch.pangya.th.in to 127.0.0.1 and you're good to go; the game won't connect to the official patchserver anymore and use your own.

If you run into problems with ProjectG.exe refusing to start due to "differences" in the updatelist, rename ProjectG.exe to i.e. ProjectP.exe, that should fix any issues the application might have.

To translate the game to English, replace the thailand.dat and korea.dat with the ones I've just uploaded here (rename English.dat to thailand.dat or hex the ProjectG.exe to change the name). This will, however, not translate all aspects. Graphical UI elements will still be in thai, to get rid of those you need an translation pack like the one chreadie once provided. If you use QuickPatch you can simply "chain" the English UI PAK behind the original ones, so it gets priority.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah it's works, thanks a lot tsukasa :D:

Out of the topic, how is it to increase the exp rate?
Thank you :D:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thank's again tsukasa

hmm, about quick patch, sorry i'm just posted it, i tried so many times and it's always fail look at here:
tiezan - How to use Quick Patch? - RaGEZONE Forums

is there anything that i put it wrong? because I tried it then waiting then failed to connect

Upvote 0
Deny everything.
Reaction score
After the initial patch creation QuickPatch tries to connect to the patchserver (via FTP) in order to check whether an update is needed and/or which files have changed.

The problem exists because:
1. QuickPatch cannot find the previously created patch files
2. and therefore tries to connect to the FTP to fetch them - but there's no FTP server running on port 80 on your host.

Basically, if you copy the patch files to your htdocs instead of moving them, you should be fine, just leave a copy of them in _TempQuickPatch (as indicated in the log)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmmm...
Sorry still a bit confused
I'll try to write my step, tell me if i'm wrong

1. Copy the client to somewhere new folder
2. Open the quickpatch
3. Change the src dir to the new folder of the client
4. Insert the patch number field to 500
5. Then click "start zip" ???

After that I didn't found anything about that packed files and updatelist.xml
Well I tried to fill another field and still the same

Sorry for your trouble Tsukasa :/:

Upvote 0
Deny everything.
Reaction score
You inserted invalid FTP details in QuickPatch.

If memory serves me right you don't have to use an FTP server but you specified an invalid one nevertheless (FTP port is 21, 80 is your webserver - so this will never work out).

So you have two options:
- In case you are already using XAMPP, it comes with an FTP server. Set up the FTP server accordingly, fill in the correct details (hostname, port, directory, user and password) and it should work.
- Don't give QuickPatch FTP details whatsoever.

It's been quite a while since I've used QuickPatch and I don't have a test-setup available right now, so the information might be unreliable. :)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay I'll to try it
thanks for your answer :)

I'll post in this thread if it was a success

Thankyou Tsukasa :)

---Posted 13 May 2013---

Hey tsukasaa..

I succeed in creating updatelist using quickpatch ^^

well sorry i'm just in touch with ragezone again.

Well I'm succeed after I configure my computer ftp service:
My way are this:
1. Setup ftp server using IIS server, maybe xampp has it's own way i haven't tried it
2. Open quick patch
3. Type 127.0.0.1 in ip field, 21 in port field, and the directory
4. Change the src file to pangya_th client folder
5. Set version to TH.R4.583.02, and patch number to 500
6. Change the ID field and Password to my authentication for FTP
7. Then hit "Start Zip"

Hmm from these step, I succeed in connecting to ftp no failed any more. Then the progress for zipping starting. Tough when I upload the file it's failed for some reason. I can take patch list from _TempQuickPatch folder

I copied it to wwwroot, I mean to localhost/patch_S4/
then I tried it to connect after change my client's hex from"patch.pangya.in.th" to "127.0.0.1"

Then the error become "An Error Occurred when reading file list"
Some solution tsukasa?? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Deny everything.
Reaction score
If you receive an error there's only a limited number of possible reasons:
- You did not upload the updatelist file to your patch_S4 directory.
- There's some kind of typo or the hostname is too long.
- The web-server (remember: the client accesses the patch-server through http!) is not running or not reachable.

There's very little to diagnose or support, unfortunately it's mainly a matter of re-checking all the previous steps.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmmm, i see.
Well it can't be point 2, because I use ip address to reach it and I use my laptop both as server and client to play it
If that the case I'll try all the possibilities,
thank you tsukasa, and sorry my action just like I'm blackmailing you.. Sorry
hehe because I'm just don't wan't to connect to the internet just to play this tee hee~

Upvote 0
Back