Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Servers connection to LAN IP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to make my server run through my LAN's ip address in hope of being able to have friends connect to it, but i ran into a problem, after Changing the server IP's, and ODBC's It shows the server running with no errors, but when i try and connect through Project G it says server is down, is this due too the basic ip being xxx.x.x.x and the LAN ip being xxx.xxx.x.xx? or am i doing something wrong here?

Deny everything.
Reaction score
Normally you shouldn't have any troubles running a LAN server.
All you really need to do is edit the IPs in each server's ini file (which you probably already did).

You might want to check your ini files for typos again.

Another roadblock could be your IP address. If it's too long it might not fit into the available space in ProjectG.exe. You can try a standard 192.168.1.[1-9] address here, these should definitely work.

Judging by the schema of the address in your post you might need to hex your LAN address into (preferrably) fasa2008's modified ProjectG.exe.

Search for the text string "127.0.0.1" and replace it with your LAN address. There are two occurences of the string, so you need to replace it 2 times. Keep in mind that your address must not be too long.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Using IPconfig in command prompt it told my that my IP was 192.168.2.11 is that too long?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Like said Tsukasa,no prob for running the S4.9 in a LAN.
Dont forget to specify the IP in the server.ini.
if you dont want to get an error with the pangya_th.exe: change the IP manually and only 8 characters. like this string xxx.xxx.x.x

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Like said Tsukasa,no prob for running the S4.9 in a LAN.
Dont forget to specify the IP in the server.ini.
if you dont want to get an error with the pangya_th.exe: change the IP manually and only 8 characters. like this string xxx.xxx.x.x

What do you mean change the IP manually? like through my router?

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Thanks everyone for the help, i just started fresh with new .ini files and .exe and rehexed and changed the IP's again making sure I made no mistakes and got it working.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
May i ask something is it possible to run the game with hamachi ?

So some friends and me can play together?

And if yes could someone explain how?

Ive tried it via hamachi and one friend could connect for a short moment and then got an execution error. Myself cant join Server cause my login seems to be down.

Last edited:
Deny everything.
Reaction score
Noobya, yes it is possible.
Hamachi uses very short addresses so if you play with people you know and trust, Hamachi is probably a very good way.

When running public servers for people you don't know and/or trust (Hamachi does expose a lot of your network information...) I recommend a SOCKS server. On Windows seems to be good choice; it's configuration is simple and it's quick to get up and running.

If you choose a SOCKS server you must instruct your players to use a tool like that will tunnel Windows applications (in this case: ProjectG.exe) to your server.

If enough people are interested I can work out a guide for you and post my pre-compiled version of AntiNAT.

Per se both solutions work fine and have their advantages and disadvantages.
Hamachi might give people insight onto your computer/network but is easy to use.
A SOCKS server requires extra software to tunnel applications but can be configured to only allow access to a specific IP on specific ports, making it a very secure solution.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok thx for your help sure i trust the both ppl i wanna play with.

Laters maybe ill use socket server. But we have problems with hamachi.

I put the Hamachi IP in all Inis and hexed it into the exe.

Problem is i cant even log in cause my loginserver is down and friends of mine can log in for a short moment and then the game crashes. Offline the games works perfect for me. Any ideas? Or help? Could it be a Hex fault into the exe? Or why does the game always crash? And why cant i log in anymore.

We all always have a gamecrash without any notic when we wanna chose a channel. :(

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm... I could use that SOCKS method. A bunch of people I know online but don't necessarily trust want to play with me on my server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Noobya, yes it is possible.
Hamachi uses very short addresses so if you play with people you know and trust, Hamachi is probably a very good way.

When running public servers for people you don't know and/or trust (Hamachi does expose a lot of your network information...) I recommend a SOCKS server. On Windows seems to be good choice; it's configuration is simple and it's quick to get up and running.

If you choose a SOCKS server you must instruct your players to use a tool like that will tunnel Windows applications (in this case: ProjectG.exe) to your server.

If enough people are interested I can work out a guide for you and post my pre-compiled version of AntiNAT.

Per se both solutions work fine and have their advantages and disadvantages.
Hamachi might give people insight onto your computer/network but is easy to use.
A SOCKS server requires extra software to tunnel applications but can be configured to only allow access to a specific IP on specific ports, making it a very secure solution.

Hey, id be interested in that pre-compiled version, because I really wanted to be able to let my friends connect via internet, but i kind of just settled on LAN cause all the solutions i found cost money.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use fasa client
Download winhex. To run it properly, you need to register otherwise you will not be able to apply the modification.
Open the provided client by fasa with winhex and in edit use the find text tab.
input 127.0.0.1 in the search window and enter.
the prog will show you the address in dec. on the right column.
the cursor will be pointing on the "1" or the address.
input your IP (xxx.xxx.x.x) by typing it.
repeat the operation for the second IP string and save it.
Thats's all and you are all set.

Deny everything.
Reaction score
Here's a simple guide for AntiNAT.

What you need:
-
-

Download and unpack the AntiNAT package. It contains the setup for AntiNAT as well as an example configuration and a DLL you might be missing.

If AntiNAT does not start after the installation you need to place the DLL either in the program's directory or in Windows\system32.

Open up the antinat.xml configuration and adapt it to your own needs by replacing the IP addresses with your own. You can also enhance the configuration, see the official AntiNAT documentation for more information on the configuration parameters.

Save the XML file, restart the AniNAT service and forward the port on your router.

Instruct your players to install a tool like Proxifier. Despite the fact that Proxifier is shareware I'll go with it for this simple guide because it works fine on Windows 7 (32bit and 64bit) and doesn't cause Pangya to crash like WideCap would.

So, on the client side open Proxifier, click Options -> Proxy Settings and add a new proxy. You can use a dyndns name here (like myserver.dyndns.org) and port 1080. Set the SOCKS type to SOCKS5 and click OK.

Next, go to Options -> Proxification Rules, check "Process Only the following + manually proxified", click Add and add your custom ProjectG.exe under Applications. Leave the rest as it is and click OK.

Last step: Go to Options -> Name Resolution and set the type to "Remote".

Your players can now launch their ProjectG while Proxifier is running and will be able to connect to your server.

You do not need to change your Pangya server's configuration for this to work - if your normal LAN play already works, it will also work for players connecting through the SOCKS server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the Tut it really helped, but is antinat suppose to have a popup window? because nothing pops up, but its running in my windows tasklist

Ok, everything seems to be working but opening the ports, and I never understood how to do that correctly, because Im pretty sure i opened the ports on the Router through the xxx.xxx.x.x address, but my computer is running through a switch so is that another thing i must edit?

Pangya is now loading which it wasn't earlier they just cant log in and they are getting the error (error code 10060) which i beleive is server timeout and another error connecting to the port 10103

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back