Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Trouble adding new Dealer (Agent) sets to server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know I did something wrong, and I have an idea what, but I'm not sure how to go about fixing it.
  • Unpacked the 501th.pak from the v2 server repack and PangyaGB's 560gb.pak. Separately, of course
  • Copied the avatar files from 560 and pasted to 501
  • Changed 560's pangya.iff to pangya.zip and extracted the Part.iff
  • Changed 501's pangya_th.iff to pangya_th.zip and extracted the Part.iff
  • Following the information from the iff thread, went into 560's Part.iff, and individually edited the Dealer sets' item prices (10 00 00 00), money flags (01), and shop flags (21)
  • Copied the full 512 bytes of each item, and pasted directly to the end of 501's Part.iff
  • Acquired the item IDs for each item, and copied to Notepad
  • Repacked 501's Part.iff into pangya_th.iff (original IFF was 290KB, new IFF is 282KB)
  • Repacked all respective files to 501th.pak (original PAK was 15.6MB, new PAK is 23.4MB)
  • Replaced login/game server's IFFs with new IFF
  • Added item IDs to PANGYA_ITEM_TYPELIST
  • Used the server repack's Add Item Procedure to add the items to my account
The items didn't appear in the shop, or in my inventory. What did I miss?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you want to mix the item between 501th.pak and 560gb.pak ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The items didn't appear in the shop, or in my inventory. What did I miss?

The items are readed from the very last pangya_th.iff file in the last pak file :
- you add manually Agent set in pak 501
- in pak 502, you don't add the last iff file with Agent Set in it, you won't see the item because IFF are NOT cumulative but replace themselves with the last found.

You want to add new items? Put them in the last pak with your modified iff file.

Reaction score
you sure you added the items to your iff?
It makes no sense that if you ADD stuff, your iff reduces in size...
If the items do not appear in your inventory or shop, most likely the items do not exist.

Try to add them using your ingame GM commands.
/giveitem <nickname> <itemid>

This command adds items based on your entries in your iff.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The items are readed from the very last pangya_th.iff file in the last pak file :
- you add manually Agent set in pak 501
- in pak 502, you don't add the last iff file with Agent Set in it, you won't see the item because IFF are NOT cumulative but replace themselves with the last found.

You want to add new items? Put them in the last pak with your modified iff file.

But I don't have a pak 502. I put the Agent sets AND the edited IFF in 501 (in the server repack, there is only pack 500+ and 501th). Or are you telling me to make a new PAK?

Deny everything.
Reaction score
you sure you added the items to your iff?
It makes no sense that if you ADD stuff, your iff reduces in size...

Actually it does, since there are several different levels of ZIP compression, the file can come out smaller, despite having more entries. I have an IFF file with all items from all regions and it still comes out smaller than the original pangya_th I based it on.

But I don't have a pak 502. I put the Agent sets AND the edited IFF in 501 (in the server repack, there is only pack 500+ and 501th). Or are you telling me to make a new PAK?

What bubbastic suggests is that you repack the latest PAK in your client (meaning the one with the highest number and highest single letter). That usually works fine.

There's another possible thing that could've gone wrong: You may have packed the IFF folder, meaning the IFF files within the ZIP archive are not on the root level of the archive. Files like that are automatically marked "defective" and get ignored by the game.

Personally, I think you simply didn't increase the counter at the beginning of the file, causing the game to stop reading the IFF before even reaching your imported items.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Personally, I think you simply didn't increase the counter at the beginning of the file, causing the game to stop reading the IFF before even reaching your imported items.

I always wondered what those first 8 bytes at the beginning of the file were. So the first 4 are supposed to be how many items are recorded in the IFF, but what are the next 4 for?

Last edited:
Deny everything.
Reaction score
Something I call the "magic number". As a normal user you won't have to worry about it, it's only interesting if you're a programmer.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So without thinking, I changed those first 4 bytes from [9D 11 00 00] to [A5 11 00 00] (I only added 8 parts), and repacked everything. Now I'm getting "An error occurred while parsing the XML file" when I start up the game. NOW what did I miss?

EDIT: I'm going to use chreadie's FileXplorer and start again from scratch. Results pending.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I edited IFF via FileXplorer, and even noticed stuff I didn't notice in the hex editor. I made a thorough edit; no mistakes were made here. I double-checked to make sure all the required textures, MPETs, and icons were in the to-be-packed data folder.

I repacked the PAK, replaced the login/game server IFFs, corrected any changes in the PANGYA_ITEM_TYPELIST table, and ran the game. It started up; so far so good.

Logged in, and checked the shop: It's not there.
Alright, how about the /giveitem command?
Code:
GM_Command:/giveitem miku 136331368
TypeID : 136331368, Item Name : Dealer Vest B (Lucia), Quantity : 1
Would you like to give the following item to 'miku' [/y, /n]
GM_Command:/y
Items have been granted.
Awesome. I go to check my inventory: ... Nothing. There's no entries in the Pangya_Item_Warehouse, either.

Not a clue what I'm doing wrong now.

UPDATE: I added the items manually via Pangya_Item_Warehouse, and they are in my inventory now in perfect working order.
Now I just need to figure out why they won't appear in the shop, and why /giveitem doesn't work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back