Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Weird Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Projectg 584.04 launches correctly, if run directly. It closes down when run from patcher and says "Please Reinstall. Error in File: ." Please note, that there is a space in between the colon and the dot.

P.S.: Yes, they are different executables, but I have modified it to run from patcher. (one byte modify from 75 to 74)

Deny everything.
Reaction score
If your ProjectG.exe is still called ProjectG.exe, please rename it to something else (like ProjectH.exe) and try again.

Be sure to have a ProjectG.exe in your game directory for dummy purposes, though.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, but this does not resolve my Error. Do you have more suggestions?

Deny everything.
Reaction score
Yeah, here's some more stuff to try:

I assume you've patched the PANGYA_ARG check the same way bubbastic and fasa2008 do it... by negating the jump condition.

If you do it this way, launching the executable through the official updater might be problematic.

You could try to set PANGYA_ARG in update.exe to something different (i.e. PUNGYA_ARG), so the condition will never be met. Alternatively you could also use a debugger to either alter the conditional jump into a JMP instruction or NOP it out completely.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
First of all, thank you for your effort to help me.

Here is now my complete setup:

Modified update.exe to match server address and updatelist path.
Pangya TH patched up to projectg584thf.pak
4 self-made pak files (no, they do not produce the error.)
ProjectG_Designed_Launcher_Official from http://forum.ragezone.com/f513/projectg-th-version-584-04-a-730693/ changed ip + updatelist path, same as update.exe

They all together produce this f*cking Error.

I'll try for now with the changed projectG "ProjectG No Multi-Client" from fasa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back