Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hope its soon, i need a good free mmo to play in my free time :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wooh!
If your serious Ra, im in love with you..
Atlast, i don't have to hang out with ppl, i can sit at home and kill you newbies :jester:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
LoL weed isn't a drug its an herb! Man some pretty mean comments huh?

lol "mass productions of a drug abuser"?! Now that's some funny poop. As far as "Ganja" the .Bof wasn't a bad idea. The graphic was a joint and when you'd smoke it you'd get a green colored message and a stout effect and it healed mana like the mints (at least the copy I got does). And yeah the 1st spells weren't nothing special just regular spell .bofs that changed stuff like "rock bomb" that was really lightning bolt with a rock graphic and a rumble effect instead of lightning w/ the element int changed too. What do you expect from the FIRST new classes ever made for a pirated REN?

Yes I remember that "Naked Paddock" lol that poop was hillarious. But you seem to forget that Leah was already kicked out before then for moving or deleting some ornamental objects in MM's precious little private m59 room.. LOL Very odd... some pretty good memory from some "drug abusers" eh?

Is your memory really that bad or do you enjoy lieing to yourself because this forum ain't populated enough for anyone to really give a poop LOL

Nothing that was ever finished or meant to be on a real server was ever sent over to 911 because by the admins were just assholes. It's about as simple as that.. Anyway g'luck w/ the server :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you say so drmmadcow. I have no beef with you. Actually, I don't even have nothing with Leah. You posted some false information regarding the way she was treated and for what reasons, and I just wanted to clarify things. I personally think you're a very talented admin who came up with lots of stuff before people could even dream it up. But perhaps instead of sending a nymphomaniac chick in heat as an admin to the old 911, you should have come yourself. You could have been greater than she ever was.

To tell you the truth, sure people might like stuff like "weed" or "BardKyro's dildo" but in the end, what people remember is greatness. Honestly tell me, if she'd spent just HALF the time she spent on making naked NPCs with wouldn't she be remembered as someone better? MM made lots of stuff which are still not possible for many people to do out there, and tell me, who's remembered better, MM or Leah? Perhaps if she'd done some decent stuff, she'd be as good. But whatever, in the end, my advice to you bro is, as talented as "you" are, don't go in the same direction Leah did. The "real" thing pirate community should be working on right now is making "new" ROOs. As we for the first time ever can DO that thanks to Albatross. :)

So, yeh, with respect man,

Ra

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah the thing is if it's not my server and I don't got total control over a project then it's just not worth messing with for me. Leah went on whatever servers and I'd send some updates or try to do requests for stuff but if it would get used on a server I'd only log on maybey once to check it out but that's about it. If it's not my project and I'm not hosting then theres no point in putting any real effort into something you can't control whether its up or down or they want to use this but not that,etc.

Yeah it's fairly easy to make NPC's. The method I got down for making m59 graphics isn't too bad. I can make helms,npcs,monsters,weapons,pants,some others in less then a hour for each. I usually spend a lil more time then that on certain things to make sure I got the best design, look before I send it thru the processes. But out of maybey 100 different graphics I'd make I'd only impliment half or less.

As for the "naked poop" I think it's not a bad idea. I was thinking of making 2 different "graphics patches" availible on the servers website. One for "naked NPCS,characters,monsters,etc" then the other for "revamped npcs,monsters,etc" then have another patch maybey for "origional style" graphics for the NPCs, origional monsters,etc. I'm not going in one "direction" I'm going in several all in the same server. That way you can get all different kinds of players there for different reasons but it's got to be well planned out.

As for the whole thing about "being remembered" thing, I mean who cares? Most the people who play this game(including myself lol) are wierd as hell and they're remembering a pretend character name and prehaps a cartoon head lol It's not like if you make a successful m59 server some dude on the streets gonna be like "yo dude look its admiral crunch!!" hehe I don't remember even half the people on this site off m59. I never even went on server 911 when it was around. I remember the russian server 109, beta NDS, then a few test servers ppl had.

Anyways, its just a game I don't take this all too seriously. I'm sure your server will do good when it comes out and g'luck! I'm still processing mine it'll take a little while longer but it should turn out pretty decent. Anyways G'luck and I'm sure it'll turn out great.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks dude. I wish you luck on your server as well. :) You say you're not the one running it, I'm curious, who is it? Anyway, 911's going to take a little effort before it can be released to public. We're having to have to recreate the whole world from a fresh, untouched REN server.

The old 911's dead beyond repairs. However, it's better this way. Since we're making this from stratch, we'll know what we want implemented, and what we don't. Also, since MM's been able to get rid of that object number problem thanks to the smart people here and on other places, this new 911 won't die after 2 yrs either. Also, as a side news, MM's rewriting his program which made all those amazing things 911 had possible. MM says his program's outdated, and has a few bugs. So he's rewriting that, while I'm spending my time with the "boring" part so far, which is to make exits, create Barloque and all its items, decide what's gonna be tossed out from old 911, and what stays in, and what needs to be created etc.

However, this is going to be a golden age for meridian pirates, because now we can make ROOs! How amazing is that? The possibilities are endless. Anyway, I have high hopes for this new server we're making. :) And let me tell you, it wasn't exactly easy convincing MM to get back into meridian lol. He still says he won't get back into it, but do some side stuff on the weekends etc. Oh well, better than nothing. :) Anyhow, I'll keep those who're interested updated as I get more info. ;)

Until then, see ya crazy Meridianites around,

Ra

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah I mighta typed it wrong I'ma host it and stuff. That way if I can put what I want on there easier and I can make sure it stays up. yeah that'll be the hard part on mine too, exit lists,etc :/ I'm the only one setting it up too from the bofs,bgfs,etc to all the smaller stuff to hosting it but at least it'll turn out how I expect it to.

Anyways yeah thats pretty sweet about the ROO thing but.. where is it and how do I use it? lol Share the wealth...!!! ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here? Albatross posted all the files here. :)

Ra,

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone still reads this or if any of you remember me. Perhaps as iota?

But I wanted to say something about the "stealing" things and that nonsense. The 10 years ago or so when I worked on this stuff people used to be very open, we all shared what we were learning. We were all very eager to figure out what we could do and what our limits would be.

By the time the server started getting out more and people who had brains for the work, unlike myself started breaking down roos and bofs I was in over my head. Around this time people starting hoarding what they had done and would claim theft if someone copied their ideas. I never understood this.

So the combination of the community turning secretive and my lack of knowledge of actual coding I feel out of touch with the community.

I'm glad to see that your attitude has since changed MM.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone still reads this or if any of you remember me. Perhaps as iota?

But I wanted to say something about the "stealing" things and that nonsense. The 10 years ago or so when I worked on this stuff people used to be very open, we all shared what we were learning. We were all very eager to figure out what we could do and what our limits would be.

By the time the server started getting out more and people who had brains for the work, unlike myself started breaking down roos and bofs I was in over my head. Around this time people starting hoarding what they had done and would claim theft if someone copied their ideas. I never understood this.

So the combination of the community turning secretive and my lack of knowledge of actual coding I feel out of touch with the community.

I'm glad to see that your attitude has since changed MM.

Wow! I thought the Meridian 59 section of Ragezone was dead. I used to have my own server long ago, but that has been long since killed off by hackers. Anyways, I used to be very open and willing to give out any info I used to know, which wasnt much due to the same reasons you mentioned. Its a shame that any developers that may be left trying to work on this server dont give out anything. Maybe thats why Meridian 59 servers arent popular or last long. Its been a long time since I ran or even used a Meridian 59 server and I forgot a lot, if not almost everything about the server. Id have to tinker around with it and hope I can remember stuff, but I really dont feel that its worth it anymore due to the lack of new info or help by others. I guess you can say that Meridian 59 servers are dead. At least the official server is free, so while you may not be a GM on it, you can at least play the game still and not worry about the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back