Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Meridian 3D - Time to start

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, I put up a post a few months back about working on a 3d meridian project, which received alot of interest, since then iv been keeping my eye on both these forums and the progress of potential tools for the creation of this project.

As a result, I suggest the following possibilities:

Start from scratch, using C++ if we can find anyone with enough experience in it, or something simpler (perhaps blitz3d). The obvious problem with this is of course, not many people can perform a task like programming an MMORPG in C++.

Use realmcrafter, which is pretty straight foward, drag and dropm MMORPG creator. The downsides to this are that it costs money (i already own a copy however), it has some minor bugs (not a huge drama as i imagine they will be ironed out by the time we make any progress) and finally, It has certain limitations, which mean the game will have to be altered ever so slightly around them (for example, the character creation screen requires you to state several different races for the player to choose from, meridian59 obviouslty does not have this option, but it can be easily worked around by having the race selection like selecting a home town.)

Both options have there ups and downs. Personally i cant see anyone being able to create it from scratch so i think the latter option is a safer bet.

That said, even as a remake of such a basic game, there will be alot of work to be done. If anybody is interested, please email me or grab me on msn please.dont.spam.me@hotmail.co.uk .

Tasks which need to be done are as follows:

Converting texture graphics to jpg, bmp
Converting music to MP3 or similar
3d modelling of buildings. This includes applying the textures to make them resemble the original meridian59s buildings. 3d modelling of creatures and characters may not yet be required, as im planning to purchase a vast quantity of these ready made. This may mean a change in NPC appearance however.
Modelling of props, although alot of these will also be purchased
ripping sound effects, although these can easily be replaced too.
Explanation of the game mechanics. This will be one of the last tasks done, as i think creating the world should be our first priority, before shaping the way the game plays.

If you can help with any of these then PLEASE let me know. I myself can do alot of what is required, with the exception of perhaps texturing 3d models, i never did get the hang of that. However thats alot of work for one man to do alone. Let me know if youd like to help.

Regards

Back