Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Password to ed.halley account

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
what did you pick? if i try get uppe, lower, digits and special and try from 8 to 16, i get error it will take to much time...what did you set it too?

connect to broody.mine.nu to my server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I set it to upper, lower, digit 1-10.
Maybe it should start at 7 since that's where we were both stuck at

apparently im connected

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah you are now :)

I'm doing 7-10, it doesn't want to do more right now it seems like...ah well , it is ok for the moment

edit. noticed something bad on their website....

An unregistered version of the program cannot distribute the task among more than 10 agents, and does not show recovered passwords that are longer than 4 characters.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay cool =)

remaining time ~ 12 651 d. 06 h. 13 min.
currect (average) speed 4 213 697 (4 013 753)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm trying to get my P4 HT to run, but it keeps shutting off after a few minutes. If I could solve that, and figure out how to get it to run on both "processors" then that could get a total of 12,000,000 from me...

Yeah, until I can fix the instability problem, I'm just going to not let it run for now.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What is the point of getting the password for ed.halley? The root account could be changed by a simple hex edit to blakserv.exe

Also it might be helpful to note that Meridian replaces all 0s with 1s in MD5 hashes. So if you wanted his EXACT password 611fecdada81afe4e2f6b59374a9a341 there are around 16 possibilities which will hash to the same password (also a security flaw in my opinion). I'd try MD5 rainbow tables to save yourself time, but that's also assuming the hash is not "salted". Even if you can calculate 1 million per second it'd take on average 2.6E+11 years.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think Broodhill gave up on it, and I completely forgot about it.
As for changing accounts, the password file can be edited in notepad or something; no need for any hex editing.

Are you sure that it replaces all the 0s with 1s? It has no problem understanding normal hashes...
The hash is not salted AFAIK also because it understands normal unsalted hashes. Unless it can just deal with salted and unsalted hashes at the same time...
The average speed for me was around 4 million/second for the distributed cracker, and 10 mil/second for MDCrack.

And since you mentioned hex editing, this might be interesting. Some simple modification to the meridian exe lets you into any account, if you know the password hash. Hell, you don't even need to edit the exe; I did it with a memory editor.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The point is just that I want to know what the standard password is for the account. You can change the password and all yes, but I just want to know what the password is since people have discovered everything else why not this password?

I think you are wrong at that point madmonkee with Meridian replacing all 0s with 1..because the md5 hash for "1" is c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b both when I set a account with that password and when I use a md5 on the string "1" so it is not salted or replacing anything whatsoever, I've tried many other strings and none is salted..
Yeah maybe I never will get the same password, but it is worth a try, maybe I will find the real password. I remember someone said he had gotten the password to ed.halley but the never wanted to share it and said it was easy..I don't remember who that person is thought.

I've given up trying to get it by running some tool on my computer but I've added it on plain-text.info maybe it will find it someday

62234 Anonymous md5 611fecdada81afe4e2f6b59374a9a341 cracking 2007-06-08 02:18:43

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Static analysis says the hash is an MD5, and that's it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The point is just that I want to know what the standard password is for the account. You can change the password and all yes, but I just want to know what the password is since people have discovered everything else why not this password?

I think you are wrong at that point madmonkee with Meridian replacing all 0s with 1..because the md5 hash for "1" is c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b both when I set a account with that password and when I use a md5 on the string "1" so it is not salted or replacing anything whatsoever, I've tried many other strings and none is salted..
Yeah maybe I never will get the same password, but it is worth a try, maybe I will find the real password. I remember someone said he had gotten the password to ed.halley but the never wanted to share it and said it was easy..I don't remember who that person is thought.

I've given up trying to get it by running some tool on my computer but I've added it on plain-text.info maybe it will find it someday

Hmm this is just a meridian password weakness then. Because the client as far as I remember never "sends" a hash with 0s in them. It could be that server filters the hash in the accounts file before comparing. Well as long as it records on the server side correctly you should be fine cracking it.

Post the hash on milw0rm.com use their hashtables I think they still have it public so you don't have to run it on your computer.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
From what I remember, the client was using standard MD5 hashes as well.

At the time, milw0rm wasn't accepting new hashes without a donation or something, and it appears that there are still no open spots now.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
No luck on plain-text.info yet after almost two months. Was open spot on milw0rm so added it there now. Maybe some day in the future we will have the password in plaintext :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It would appear that milw0rm gave up on it, because it comes up as status notfound...
Damn, must be a good password.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah it must be. I got the passwords for the resurrection client,the newer client..but not the one for rene...damn, they must have been smarter back when they made rene then they are now

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sure they were, think back. remember all the new things once in a while? the only real new thing i saw in 2 years since resurrection was that graphicengine based on old textures... *cough*

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is probably 11 years too late, but if anybody was curious just for the sake of it. The password was, "Grymwood", most decent admins changed it though as I explained above. This is all "pre-source" era of course.

Back