Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Resurrection server software!!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
so.. reading around now... anone got this server up and running now for a RES version for public use? =o) id love to see it in action.. kinda getting tired of the old Ren =p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
so.. reading around now... anone got this server up and running now for a RES version for public use? =o) id love to see it in action.. kinda getting tired of the old Ren =p

I have, but Im still testing it. It is online and accessible to the public as we speak though.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
link for site for signups or anthing? =p

Not yet. Like I said, Im testing at the moment. Im having problems getting friends who would like a little bit to help me test this server out completely for bugs or things that arent working quiet right. Also, I do need GMs.....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey Phil,

It sounds like you're running the English server, which doesn't have all the latest NDS updates such as the war pendant, the crypt, or the guild halos. What you need to do is run the German version instead, and use the English Resources to turn your server into English. Then all will be well.

Ra,

I downloaded the server/client package from pirates bay and it looks like it's eng ver of server unless I'm mistaken. Where would we get the German version of the server then?

Thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found it on the meridian.net/stuff
site, its there under M59Res.de or something like that..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found it on the meridian.net/stuff
site, its there under M59Res.de or something like that..
No, I don't see it there ... perhaps they took it down as they were asked to. Anyone with a link to this torrent or otherwise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No, I don't see it there ... perhaps they took it down as they were asked to. Anyone with a link to this torrent or otherwise would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have both the English as well as the German server. Do you want it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have both the English as well as the German server. Do you want it?

That would be great ... I have the English ver. but would like the German one if you can link me to it.

Thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Something of interest I found while looking at the Updates.zip. There are a couple of duplicate files within the arq archives.

resu0001.arq contains:
merintr.dll
304 kb ... 3/15/2002

resu0012.arq contains:
merintr.dll
308 kb ... 12/19/2002 - newer ver.

resu0032.arq contains:
rsc0000.rsb
630 kb ... 7/14/2003

resu0034.arq contains:
rsc0000.rsb
631 kb ... 11/2/2003 - newer ver.

I'm using the newer versions of each for now. Was wondering why the duplicates were there. (just a simple mixup?)
What do you guys think, and which versions should we be using?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
They are duplicates because they are updates of files. the rsc0000.rsb has all resources all graphic to each item and monster and all text strings, so I guess they made a update from resu0032 -> resu0034 :) and they changed the merintr.dll too I suppose, that is why people got it messed up with two login boxes and all that crap I'd guess

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
They are duplicates because they are updates of files. the rsc0000.rsb has all resources all graphic to each item and monster and all text strings, so I guess they made a update from resu0032 -> resu0034 :) and they changed the merintr.dll too I suppose, that is why people got it messed up with two login boxes and all that crap I'd guess

Makes sense, and so the safest way to update, would be to use the newest version.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yea.But I never bothered look what was in all updates so I just extracted them all and put in the resource folder :) i'm just to lazy

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ok I have been able to get the server running, and the client to connect, the problem is that it tries to connect to get the updates, and then I get a can't connect error. What am I missing?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
goto meridian59.net and ask there but you should try looking at the "packages" text file :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ok I got it up and running now, creating accounts, etc, I can edit and recompile the .rsb.

And ...I'm still a total n00b.

SO if anyone would be willing to share any knowledge, files, tutorials or whatever.....please do.

I am primarily interested in modifying existing content, and creating new content.

I envision new areas, music changes, updated mosnter graphics etc.

but like I said I am limited in my understanding of the way it is all put together...so any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Back