Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Resurrection server software!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh, ok

Thats good Ra, I'm glad your doing good =) hope everythings still cool between us, I felt some sort of ... Anomosity between your brothers and I, etc... Dont know why... but ok..

Anyway yea, thats probably just me being an idiot, but hey lol.. W.e. =)~

My last post on Meridian 59.net was a little thing I found hidden in the hex code of the Blakserv.exe - It looked like an FTP address, username and password.. But being me I didn't have tha balls to log into it so I posted it on the forum hoping someone would take a look.

I dont have it anymore on this computer lol, so I guess we will have to wait til Brood gets it back up... If it is anything anyway..

P

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do you change the server number in the server software? In rene it was in the local.txt but in Resurrection I can't find where to change it.

:scratch:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do you change the server number in the server software? In rene it was in the local.txt but in Resurrection I can't find where to change it.

:scratch:

What do you mean change the server number?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
meridian59.net is down because we changed servers, but somehow the damn namnservers wont change. im waiting for an answer from my domain registrar why this isnt being made..

Noo! I need my meridian59.net fix. That place feels so much more organized than this one.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm, I don't know what my brothers might have against you, but I doubt it. You know that Russ is an idiot, it's not intentional, it comes naturally to him.

Anyway, here's the solution to your NPC problem btw. The same exact thing happened with me until MM came and fixed it for me. What you need to do is, start a fresh server, one which has a library NOT filled in yet, and then just run the English .\dlg\npc1.txt, or whatever it's called on the Res server. This should take care of it. You must have run the German one, or if you ran it thru more than once, it might duck up a few things too. So yeah, just start fresh.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What do you mean change the server number?

Sorry for the confusion. I'm having problems connecting to my server. Example: In rene to connect to server # XXX you could edit your hosts file to 127.0.0.1 meridianXXX.aq.com. I hex edited my resurrection client to connect to ip# 127.0.0.1 but don't know what to edit my hosts file to connect resurrection client to server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. I'm having problems connecting to my server. Example: In rene to connect to server # XXX you could edit your hosts file to 127.0.0.1 meridianXXX.aq.com. I hex edited my resurrection client to connect to ip# 127.0.0.1 but don't know what to edit my hosts file to connect resurrection client to server.

Ok well if you HEX edited your meridian.exe correctly to 127.0.0.1 then you dont need to change hosts.

I suggest downloading the client from meridian59.net/stuff it is either there or a link to it is posted in the forums there. You can also get the client if you download the torrent that Daenks provided. That if I am not mistaken has a correctly edited .exe to point to 127.0.0.1 ?? Somewhere I downloaded a client that pointed to cheater.127.0.0.1 or something.. Anyway that should fix the problem you are having.

However, if you want to change your hosts just to check you just search for hosts from the start bar. Then under localhost you type
127.0.0.1 <tab> meridian###.neardeathstudios.com
replacing ### with the server number you want.

Now, to check to see if you have correctly put 127.0.0.1 into your .exe then you try and log in, once you get the error message that the server might be down it will say Tried to connect to port #5959 on 127.0.0.1.

If it doesn't say 127.0.0.1 - you did it wrong in the .exe

If it doesn't say port number #5959 ... but some other port, then you must change the port to which Merridian Server starts by going into Blakserv.CFG
And changing port number from 5959 to whatever port the client says.

I also noticed that when my firewall blocked outside and inside internet access to blakserv.exe and meridian.exe I was unable to log into the server, even though I was logging in internally. So check that your virus scanner/firewall isn't blocking those programs.

Hope this explains it :construct... Good luck!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm, I don't know what my brothers might have against you, but I doubt it. You know that Russ is an idiot, it's not intentional, it comes naturally to him.

Anyway, here's the solution to your NPC problem btw. The same exact thing happened with me until MM came and fixed it for me. What you need to do is, start a fresh server, one which has a library NOT filled in yet, and then just run the English .\dlg\npc1.txt, or whatever it's called on the Res server. This should take care of it. You must have run the German one, or if you ran it thru more than once, it might duck up a few things too. So yeah, just start fresh.

Hey bud, yeah thanks for that.. I tried it but it didnt work, I always Ducking hated that NPC talk file lol never loads properly or if it works it takes a few saves, its so Ducking tempermental.

But yeah man how have you been? Hows your Mum? How have your bros been? Man its been a long butt time.. lol I would love to get into meridian but I dont have the time to actually run a server anymore..

I also like this idea of the global community helping and talking about trade secrets instead of hiding it all lol... But I guess the pirate meridian 59 world isnt as competitive as it used to be...

But yeah, good talking to ya!:drinks_no

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
But yeah man how have you been? Hows your Mum? How have your bros been? Man its been a long butt time.. lol I would love to get into meridian but I dont have the time to actually run a server anymore..

I also like this idea of the global community helping and talking about trade secrets instead of hiding it all lol... But I guess the pirate meridian 59 world isnt as competitive as it used to be...

But yeah, good talking to ya!:drinks_no

I'm doing great, everyone in my family's fine. :) We just bought a house and settled and stuff, so still dealing with the first few months of stress that's involved with the purchase of a house. But I guess other than that, all's dandy .. (lol I said dandy, hahaha!) I'm also dealing with damn college (god, f.kn' school never ends!!!) trying to get my graphic design degree, two more years to go (patience Ra, patience!!) ..

Also, on the global community thing, yeah I'm also glad that the whole "ego" crap ended. Everyone chilled and calmed down, so we're just helping each other out. :) That whole "I'm the master of the universe" poop ceased, well, except perhaps in the case of one person ..*cough* AERASOL *cough* .. *sniff* .. yeah, so it's neat! :) I just don't have time to deal with meridian 24/7 like I used to back in high school either. Now I've got a job and damn mid term exams and poop to deal with, so don't have much time other than weekends I suppose.

How's everyone over at your side man? :) I remember your lil bro, he was funny, he'd argue with you for hours JUST for the sake of argument lol. Say hi to your mom and dad for me too, I miss your dad's delightful accent! haha! :)

Ra,

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bah, Broodhill what's taking so long with I had gotten used to posting there!

Anyway, I was really bored last night so I went through the entire English Resources file, word by word, and in my search, I came across some interesting things, I'm just here to share' em with you all:

>>First, this caught my attention, it's a comet, as in a falling-star, but what purpose does this serve? Is this an NDS addition? Or was it present in DA?

comet_icon1_rsc "cometA.bgf"
comet_icon2_rsc "cometB.bgf"
comet_icon3_rsc "cometC.bgf"
comet_icon4_rsc "cometD.bgf"
comet_name_rsc "comet"
comet_desc1_rsc "A distant comet blazes across the heavens."
comet_desc2_rsc "The comet blazes brightly, its tail a lovely smudge of light across the sky."
comet_desc3_rsc "The comet shines with the light of the moon. The head appears to be solid rock and the tail seems shorter than you remember."
comet_desc4_rsc "Like a mighty hammer in sky the comet hangs above Meridian."

>>Then there are these DM commands which I couldn't get to work. I'll have to look in the kodbase later to see more info on them; but looks like some sort of portal creation??

dm_teleportto "A dimensional gate appears next to you, and %s steps through."
dm_teleportfrom "A dimensional gate appears next to you, and %s is pulled through."
dm_rescuesomeone "You send %s to a safe place."
dm_dimensionalgate "You open a dimensional gate to %s and step through."

>>The dead body of Duke Kalior, I knew about this, this body was present in Duke's Chambers the day the Dark Auspices update was made. Later on that week they put in the young Akardius.

duke_dead_icon "playerXa.bgf"
duke_dead_legs "playerXb.bgf"
duke_dead_name_rsc "The body of Duke Kalior!"

>> Apparently the urchin has a dead icon, which leads me to believe perhaps at some point in time, these creatures were mobs instead of town pets?

jasper_urchin_dead_icon_rsc

Speaking of that, I saw an old old screenshot where it showed the rusty armors being the Duke's Keep Guard.

http://forum.ragezone.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45795&stc=1&d=1192603019

I remember those days, back in the olden days, some NPCs could do more than just buy/sell, they could attack you (like the lich queen) or mend items etc for you. These guards would attack anyone who attacked them at the castle in the time. Anyway, I'm blabbering on and on ..

>>Speaking of the old interactive NPCs, I found them too! take a look:

pawnman_name_rsc "Pawn man"
pawnman_icon_rsc "pawnman.bgf"
pawnman_desc_rsc "This is a pawn broker."
pawnman_offer_busy "%s is busy right now with another customer"
pawnman_no_value "I can't even give you a shillin' fer that"
oblak_name_rsc "oblak"
oblak_icon_rsc "bsmith.bgf"
oblak_desc_rsc "This is an oblak, who can repair your broken items."
oblak_busy "I can only handle only one person and one item at a time!"
oblak_cant_fix "I can't repair that there %s, sorry"
oblak_cost "Repairing this %s will cost ya, oh, about %i shillin's"
oblak_cant_return "You can't carry the %s, so I'll put it on the ground for ya"
oblak_too_good "I can't fix the %s, it's in as good shape as I could put it."
oblak_only_money "Sorry, I only take shillings"
oblak_more_money "That's not enough, it will cost me %i shils to repair the %s"
oblak_change "Here's your change"
oblak_success "Thankee for your business, here's your %s"

>> Here's an old thief NPC too, I wonder what this was for?

thief_name_rsc "Thief"
thief_icon_rsc "thiefT.bgf"
thief_desc_rsc "This is a thief template."
thief_leg_left "thiefFL.bgf"
thief_leg_right "thiefFR.bgf"
thief_left_arm "thiefL.bgf"
thief_right_arm

>> Funny bug report message from Goad, hehehe!

Goad_Draw "`rFight is a draw. This is a bug. Please report it and specify combat type and all actions which led to this message."

>> Here is an odd monster, it looks like a living tree, once killed, turns into a shrub. It's really weird, lol.

flytrap_name_rsc "Man-eating Plant"
flytrap_icon_rsc "ent.bgf"
flytrap_desc_rsc "A ferocious plant that likes the taste of human flesh."
flytrap_dead_icon_rsc "shrub.bgf"
flytrap_dead_name_rsc "hedged man-eating plant"

>>For those that didn't know, here are 'odd' birth-place bio tags:

player_citizen_raza " is of Raza"
player_citizen_hazar " is of Hazar"
player_citizen_kocatan " has lived in Ko'catan"

>> Couldn't find this, I wonder what it is?

tosforgot_music "extra01.mid"

>>Perhaps I'm a newbie, but I thought only the Feast Hall gave a dm message?

Duke2_West_Wing_Door "The west wing of the keep is closed by the Duke's orders."
Duke2_East_Wing_Door "The east wing of the keep is closed by the Duke's orders."
Duke2_West_Wing_Door_Open "The feast hall is now opened on the Duke's authority."
Duke2_East_Wing_Door_Open "The ceremony hall is now opened on the Duke's authority."

>>Here's an odd murder quest, I couldn't get it to work on my server, I think something is wrong with my quests, I'll have to look into that, if anyone can work it, let me know please! :)

***MURDER QUEST****

murder_trigger "murder"
murder_say "%CARGO"
murder_princess_assign "Like the rest of the people in my fair lands, I am curious to learn who killed the former Duke. Though he and I were often rivals, it saddened me to see him pass so violently. If you will, aid my search by asking %NPC for any information about the murder, and please report it back to me."
murder_princess_success "I don't know if we can trust these rumors. I thank you for your help; the more we investigate, the closer we will come to the truth. Please take this as a token of appreciation."
murder_jonas_assign "As there doesn't seem to be much investigation of the former Duke's murder going on, I have taken it upon myself to uncover the killer. Whoever committed the act must still be at large, and may strike again. Ask %NPC about the murder and repeat any useful information back to me."
murder_jonas_success "Hmm, perhaps this is the information I have been looking for. Thank you for your help in this matter. Take this with my thanks."
murder_duke_assign "The passing of my uncle weighs heavily upon my mind. Night and day, I can think of nothing else! I must see that someone pays for this awful crime. Please help my investigation by asking %NPC for any information about the murder. Make sure to tell me what %NPC has to say."
murder_duke_success "Ah, another piece in the complicated puzzle of my Uncle's death. Take this with my thanks and my appreciation, my loyal follower."
murder_princess_w_1 "Well, if you ask me, it seems like the Princess has quite a few armed troops. Why is she mobilizing them unless she has something to hide?"
murder_princess_w_2 "I honestly have no idea. The duke was killed by a weapon and not magic, right?"
murder_princess_w_3 "The murder of the Duke is a tragedy. I think that no one is really above suspicion, even the fair Princess. But, what kind of weapon would she use?"
murder_princess_w_4 "I have heard that the Princess was trained in the arts of both weaponcraft and magic. Although she hasn't used one in ages, I have also heard she is still an expert with the sword."
murder_princess_w_5 "Oh, I doubt that the person that killed the Duke did the deed alone. I am sure anyone, even the Princess, could have hired some shady character to murder in cold blood."
murder_princess_m_1 "The Duke's death was obviously motivated by power. There is no doubt that someone influential, like the Princess, wanted him out of the picture to increase her own power."
murder_princess_m_2 "What other motive can there be but money? With the shocking news of the death of the Duke, those in power could raid his holdings and gain some money. Look at the faction troops roaming the lands. They aren't cheap, you know."
murder_princess_m_3 "It is unfortunate, but I'm sure that the driving force behind the Duke's unfortunate end is related to taxes. Perhaps someone was tired of paying the high taxes, or perhaps another party wanted the tax money for themselves?"
murder_princess_m_4 "People say that the intense feelings of dislike the Duke had for the poor Princess might have played a role in that dark night. I doubt that this is the case. While such feelings can drive one to rash actions, I don't think the young Princess struck out at him."
murder_princess_m_5 "The competition between the Duke and the Princess plays a large part in the murder plot, I fear. The Princess might have rationalized that it would be easier to play innocent, bide her time, then strike when the time was right."
murder_princess_c_1 "Well, I certainly think it is strange that the Meridian Council had been meeting quite frequently at night the week before the poor Duke's bloody demise."
murder_princess_c_2 "Only the blind would not notice how the Princess was conspicuously absent the night of the murder. Can we trust her stories?"
murder_princess_c_3 "I am suspicious of anyone with too strong of an alibi. Like the Princess, isn't it suspicious that almost the whole Council swears they were probably in a meeting at that time?"
murder_princess_c_4 "Isn't it strange that the Duke was murdered so violently, but no one saw or heard anything? Perhaps there was some strange magic at work that night."
murder_princess_c_5 "I thought I heard a priestess say that there were strange magical forces at work that night. I wonder if the Princess knows anything about that?"
murder_jonas_w_1 "I've heard that Jonas never cleans his sword in public like he sometimes did before the Duke's murder. What is he trying to hide?"
murder_jonas_w_2 "Well, Jonas is a master of a variety of weapons, as he often reminds us. I'm sure he's a master of whatever type of weapon was used in the murder of the Duke."
murder_jonas_w_3 "I've heard someone say to a friend of mine that Jonas can't wield a real weapon to save his life, and that those war stories he tells are all a lie."
murder_jonas_w_4 "Ran er'Hoth said the other day that the murder was done with a spoon. Didn't Jonas say that he defended himself with a spoon one time when he was attacked in an inn?"
murder_jonas_w_5 "Someone told me that there's a slight bloodstain on Jonas's scabbard. Did he kill the Duke with his very own sword?"
murder_jonas_m_1 "Have you heard the rumors about Jonas talking about the oppression of people by the nobility? I think that's significant."
murder_jonas_m_2 "I heard somewhere that Jonas has been talking about how he could guide the people better than the Duke could. Perhaps he hoped to replace the old Duke."
murder_jonas_m_3 "Hey, doesn't Jonas give very generously to the Temple of Kraanan the Fist? I wonder if his personal wealth is in trouble."
murder_jonas_m_4 "Jonas told someone that he was going to raise an army of his own. That could get expensive. I wonder where he plans to get the money from."
murder_jonas_m_5 "Somone said that the Princess and Jonas have been becoming quite good friends lately. Maybe she hired him to kill the Duke? He isalways looking to prove his fighting ability."
murder_jonas_c_1 "I find it strange that you can never seem to find Jonas when you want to. He seems like the slippery type that could make a quick getaway."
murder_jonas_c_2 "Jonas claims he was in the Temple of Kraanan when the Duke was brutally murdered, but the Priestess Qerti'nya says she doesn't remember if he was there or not."
murder_jonas_c_3 "I thought I heard that Jonas was blaming Rook for the murder. Isn't it funny that he would try to get Rook in trouble, especially when you consider their history together?"
murder_jonas_c_4 "I heard that Jonas intimidated the Princess into striking out against the Duke. With all he has to gain, I think this is quite possible."
murder_jonas_c_5 "I thought I saw Jonas at the Temple of Kraanan about the time of the Duke's murder, but I can't be certain."
murder_miriana_w_1 "Well, travellers have told me that they see Miriana dancing in the woods with a knife. Where did she get a weapon?"
murder_miriana_w_2 "Somone said that Miriana once cut a spider in half with some strange magic. The wound looked more like a weapon stroke than typical magical damage, they said."
murder_miriana_w_3 "I overheard a conversation where one person told another that they heard Miriana running through the woods screaming something about Faren and wanting her weapon back. What could that mean?"
murder_miriana_w_4 "Somone said that Miriana knew the true power of the spell called 'Nodeburst'. I wonder what she does with all that power?"
murder_miriana_w_5 "I once heard that the living trees used to cast their lightning bolts at Miriana, and that she would cast them back at the trees at a greater strength. Could she have used that power against the Duke?"
murder_miriana_m_1 "I overheard a guard say that he went with a small band of guards into the forest looking for Miriana. He said that when they found her, they tried to give her a message from the Duke, but that she grew angry and left. Did she hate the Duke?"
murder_miriana_m_2 "A mage once told me that the Princess secretly supports Miriana because she knows how to tap the raw power of magic. Could they have plotted against the Duke together?"
murder_miriana_m_3 "I remember a story about how the Duke told a joke about how Miriana kept animal friends because they were the only ones that could stand her. After that, there was a loud stroke of thunder outside the walls of the Keep. Could there be any truth in that old story?"
murder_miriana_m_4 "People have said that Miriana has held a grudge against the Duke's family for several generations. Could she be that old?"
murder_miriana_m_5 "A few years ago, I heard a story about how Miriana once visited the Duke, and warned him of some danger. After the event she predicted happened, the Duke accused her of trying to kill him. I wonder if she came back and finished the job?"
murder_miriana_c_1 "A friend of a friend told me that Miriana was in the forest one day, and for no reason, she cried out, 'I did it, my lady. He is dead.' I wonder if she meant the Duke?"
murder_miriana_c_2 "I don't know anything about what happened that night at the Duke's Keep. I was in the forest, trying to find mushrooms while avoiding that Miriana."
murder_miriana_c_3 "I saw a strange figure in the forest near Tos the night of the Duke's death. It was a small person, perhaps about the size of a young girl."
murder_miriana_c_4 "I recently went to the woods to find some herbs, and I overheard an adventurer talking to Miriana. When he mentioned the Duke, she got very angry and refused to teach him the spells he requested."
murder_miriana_c_5 "I've heard people claim that Miriana is behind the murder of the Duke. I find the idea of a little girl being behind a murder like that to be laughable."
murder_lich_c_1 " Well, I heard that one of the innkeepers was delivering some ale to the Duke's castle, to get ready for the big banquet. Apparently there was a curious woman hanging around the delivery carts when they were going in. He said she had very pale skin and was wearing a strange amulet."
murder_lich_c_2 "I heard from a traveling merchant that there were all sorts of flashing lights and strange noises coming from the mountains over Brax on the night the Duke died."
murder_lich_c_3 "I've heard people suggest that the Lich Queen might have killed the Duke, but if you think about it, the Duke hadn't really done much to get in her way. Now if he had sent an army to Brax, like some people wanted him to, it might be a different story."
murder_lich_c_4 "Well, I'm sure I don't know anything about that. I was visiting my mother; she's not well you know. But if you think about it, it seems like the necromancers have been awfully quiet lately, maybe too quiet."
murder_lich_c_5 "Well, I can't be certain mind you, but I did hear that a large group of necromancers had been seen coming up through the mountains towards Tos about a week before the murder."
murder_lich_w_1 "I don't know if I should tell you this or not, but a friend of mine works as a guard for the Duke and he says that there is a big cover up going on. Seems the Duke wasn't murdered at all! He killed himself trying to take off an Amulet of the Three!"
murder_lich_w_2 "I don't know anything about a weapon, but I do know that the feast hall was locked, no way in or out. So whoever killed him must have had some way of teleporting out of there. The only people I know of with magic like that are the necromancers."
murder_lich_w_3 "I've heard that right before they found the body, some of the Duke's guards were attacked by horned skeletons!"
murder_lich_w_4 "A friend of mine who works for the Princess says that she was convinced that the Duke had become a Necromancer."
murder_lich_w_5 "I've heard that one of the Duke's guards saw someone who looked exactly like the Duke walking out of the castle after the Duke had died. He ran up to investigate, but whoever it was just disappeared, leaving only a puddle of slimy goo."
murder_lich_m_1 "I've heard that the Duke was having the banquet to announce a big offensive against Brax to wipe out the Lich Queen and her necromancers. Maybe she beat him to it."
murder_lich_m_2 "Hmmm... well it's certainly no secret that the necromancers and Queen Venya'cyr would stop at nothing to disrupt and weaken us."
murder_lich_m_3 "Well, the old Duke did just fine holding his own until Queen Venya'cyr reared her ugly head. So if you ask me she's probably responsible."
murder_lich_m_4 "Some people say that it must have been the lich queen who killed the Duke, but we all know that she hasn't left Brax in millennia."
murder_lich_m_5 "Didn't Queen Venya'cyr vow to kill both the Duke and the Princess? Kateriina should look out, she could be next!"
murder_akardius_c_1 "Well, don't tell Duke Akardius I said this, but its hard to think of anyone else who had access to the feast hall, now isn't it?"
murder_akardius_c_2 "All I know is that the new Duke moved pretty fast after his uncle died. Almost like he had it all planned out ahead of time..."
murder_akardius_c_3 "Anyone who saw the look on that poor boy's face when he saw his uncle's body would know that he certainly couldn't have been responsible."
murder_akardius_c_4 "They say that the Duke was holding the banquet in honor of his Nephew. It was to be his big welcome back to the mainland, and the Duke was going to name him as his heir."
murder_akardius_c_5 "There is more to Duke Akardius then meets the eye; ever wonder where he's been all these years? The Island, studying at the Temple of Riija, that's where! I tell you, anyone who has spent that much time with the God of Trickery isn't to be trusted."
murder_akardius_w_1 "From what I've heard the Duke wasn't killed with a weapon or by magic. It was poison. Isn't poison the way the royals have always killed members of their own family?"
murder_akardius_w_2 "They say that the day after the Duke was killed Akardius got a new sword from the armory. I wonder why he didn't want to carry his old one anymore..."
murder_akardius_w_3 "I've heard that Duke Akardius studied at the Temple of Riija while he was away. I wonder if they teach more than simple illusions to advanced students. After all, Riija is the trickster god and some tricks can be deadly."
murder_akardius_w_4 "I know they checked all the guards' weapons as soon as the Duke was killed, and I've heard that Duke Akardius volunteered to go first to set an example for his men."
murder_akardius_w_5 "They say that Duke Akardius was an accomplished swordsman. Not that he'd have to be all that tough to get the jump on his uncle. I mean after all he was a bit, um... big boned."
murder_akardius_m_1 "You know what they say: look toward the one who prospered the most."
murder_akardius_m_2 "I've heard that Duke Akardius didn't want to go to the Island, but that his uncle sent him away when he was young. Maybe he hated his uncle for that."
murder_akardius_m_3 "I heard that the Duke had been praising Jonas's military skill and saying that he would make a worthy heir. Perhaps Akardius got jealous."
murder_akardius_m_4 "Madelia told me that she went on a picnic with Akardius and that afterward he got very upset and ran off, crying, \"Oh how could I have done this to poor Princess Kateriina?\" Could they be in love? The Old Duke certainly wouldn't have approved of that!"
murder_akardius_m_5 "Everyone knows that the Duke was planning on making Akardius his heir anyway. I don't see why he would have wanted to harm the uncle who had been so good to him."
murder_maleval_c_1 "hmm... well the first thing that comes to mind is that Maleval certainly had free access to the Duke. Don't know how Kalior could stand him. He gives me the creeps."
murder_maleval_c_2 "One of the Duke's guards told me that Maleval is always showing up in rooms that are supposed to be locked. Maybe he has his own set of keys."
murder_maleval_c_3 "My cousin's wife's brother is certain that Maleval was at the Qor temple the night of the Duke's murder... um... I mean, not that she would ever go there. Nobody in my family follows Qor. Certainly not!"
murder_maleval_c_4 "One of the Duke's caterers told me that Kalior was holding the feast to announce that Akardius would be his new advisor. I bet Maleval didn't like that one bit!"
murder_maleval_c_5 "I've got a friend who tends the castle gardens and while he was trimming the hedges under the Duke's window he heard Maleval say, \"Tread carefully Kalior. You would not want to try my patience.\" He says he thinks they were arguing earlier about a planned offensive against Brax."
murder_maleval_w_1 "Well who can say? But if it turns out that magic was involved I'd be suspicious of Maleval. He certainly has the means."
murder_maleval_w_2 "The other day I heard Ran er'Hoth say, \"Melt, melt, melt, melt... That's how Dukie-wookie felt.\" Could that mean Kalior was killed with acid touch?"
murder_maleval_w_3 "Well I certainly wouldn't know, although I would think you'd need pretty powerful magic for a job like that."
murder_maleval_w_4 "I have it from a very authoritative source that Kalior was beaten to death, but I don't believe it for a second. I'm certain Maleval did it and a beating just isn't his style."
murder_maleval_w_5 "A friend says poor Kalior was asphyxiated, but he didn't get a close look at the body because he couldn't stop sneezing."
murder_maleval_m_1 "I always had the feeling that Maleval was the real power behind the throne. Perhaps he grew tired of his puppet."
murder_maleval_m_2 "Maleval certainly seems to like young Akardius. He seems almost protective. I suppose it's only natural after what happened to Kalior."
murder_maleval_m_3 "Well, despite what some might say, I think we can rule out Maleval. He had Kalior in his pocket anyway, so why would he want him dead? Surely a disciple of the Trickster will be harder to control!"
murder_maleval_m_4 "There have been whispers about the dark wizard Maleval... I think people are just frightened of him because he's so mysterious."
murder_maleval_m_5 "Supposedly Maleval thought Duke Kalior didn't have enough respect for magic. Maybe he put together a little demonstration."
murder_roq_m_1 "Isn't there a professional assassin who lives in the sewers of Barloque? He seems like a pretty clear suspect. I'm surprised he hasn't already been arrested!"
murder_roq_m_2 "I've heard mutterings around Barloque about sending troops into the sewers to 'clean them out', but it sounds like a witch hunt to me. Everyone knows Roq retired years ago."
murder_roq_m_3 "Why do you think Roq hides out in the sewers? Rumor has it that he killed Queen Katria all those years ago, and he's still in hiding. Of course, my aunt used to say it was Kalior himself who put him up to it, so perhaps justice has been served."
murder_roq_m_4 "You know, there was a time when Roq was a frequent guest at Blackstone Keep. Many people even thought he was manipulating Kalior. I wonder how he felt about no longer being Kalior's most trusted advisor?"
murder_roq_m_5 "Logically speaking, it seems the easiest way to kill someone would be to hire an assassin. That shifts blame away from you. But then I've never planned a murder, so how would I know?"
murder_roq_w_1 "I've heard that the Duke was killed by what appeared to be the thrust of a small blade between his shoulder blades."
murder_roq_w_2 "From what I've heard the Duke's actual wound wasn't that bad, but it festered and ate into him in a matter of minutes. Did the wound come from some magically cursed weapon?"
murder_roq_w_3 "One of the Duke's guards says that Kalior and Akardius were playing a game of assassin before the banquet. What if somebody switched out Akardius's black dagger?"
murder_roq_w_4 "Someone told me that they saw Roq the day after the Duke's murder carrying only one blade. Doesn't he usually have two?"
murder_roq_w_5 "A friend says she heard the Duke scream exactly four times. Does that mean he was stabbed multiply?"
murder_roq_c_1 "I heard somebody say that Roq had been buying a bunch of new weapons lately. I wonder where he got the money?"
murder_roq_c_2 "I've heard people say that Roq must have killed the Duke, just because he's an assassin. I think that's silly. And anyway, Roq couldn't have done it because I bought a dagger from him around the time of the murder. That is, a friend told me he bought one. A small one."
murder_roq_c_3 "A friend says he saw a shadowy figure moving quickly through the Twisted Woods on the night of the murder. He called out a greeting and it looked up at him with glowing red eyes, then disappeared."
murder_roq_c_4 "Someone told me they saw Roq make a large deposit in Obert's vault shortly after the murder. It was wrapped in cloth, but was apparently very heavy and made a clanking sound."
murder_roq_c_5 "One of the Duke's guards told me that Roq paid a visit to Blackstone Keep earlier that evening. Maleval encountered him on the steps and the two had harsh words, ending with the dark wizard storming off into the night."
murder_random_w_1 "Bah! This whole thing is ridiculous. The fact is the Duke just couldn't wait to start the feast and Akardius is too embarassed to admit that his uncle ate himself to death."
murder_random_c_1 "I heard that Akardius took the Duke's body to a healer, even though he was dead. I guess he was really desperate to save him."
murder_random_m_1 "Well, there have been a lot of rumors flying around about Maleval or the Princess or you name it. Some fool probably even suspects me. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Duke had some secret lover; looks like a crime of passion to me."
questEngine_report_sender "Quest Engine"
questEngine_report_1 "Subject: Report: Quest %q\nQuest %q has %q active instances, %q of which are unassigned, and %q of which have been assigned to:\n%q"
questEngine_report_2

>> And lastly, the infamous stunted dwarf quest, hehe! :)

stunteddwarf_trigger "stunted dwarf"
stunteddwarf_assign_2 "Hot day, eh. Sure would be a great day for a stunted dwarf."
stunteddwarf_assign_3 "Ah, an ancient drink. Actually, the recipe has been lost in time, although I hear that %NPC might know of it."
stunteddwarf_trigger_4 "myth"
stunteddwarf_assign_4 "Stunted dwarf? Ha! That's just a myth, and you tell %HIMHER_NPC I said that!"
stunteddwarf_success_4 "Ah, well. If you ever hear anyone mention a stunted dwarf, you be sure to find out what you can."
stunteddwarf_assign_6 "Ah, you need a recipe for your garden variety stunted dwarf, eh? Tell you what. Prove to me you're hero enough to drink one, and I'll give you the recipe. Go kill a kriipa for me."
stunteddwarf_success_6 "Fine job, %NAME. Take this recipe."
stunteddwarf_failure_6 "Subject: Stunted Dwarf\nI see you have wisely forgotten about having a stunted dwarf. It is, after all, not a drink for the faint of heart or weak of stomach."
stunteddwarf_success_7 "How remarkable! You must be a persistent one, %NAME. I must give you something equally rare in return."

Anyway, that's all folks!

Ra,

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I noticed that when you use the German server, even with the English translations, sometimes, youll get messages and responses in German. Youll mostly get the messages from NPCs like Frisconar and Moxal ix'Hanak due to there quests like Frisconar's Fungus Disease. I have remade the server a few times and everything in hopes that it would clear it out but no luck. I do know that if I take the kodbase.txt file from the English server and paste it in the German one, it fixes the text but you lose your player saves. Also, comparing the English kodbase to the German one, the English one is missing stuff so just switching them would make me lose features. Does anyone know how I can translate the remaining German messages to English while keeping the features that are in the German kodbase?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nah it has nothing to do with the kodbase.txt

In your DLG folder you will find NPCcall.txt - which if opened is all german. Go to an english server like the one found Daenk's torrent, along with the german folder. (can use REN but that is missing ALOT of NPC text compared to RES)..

In the DLG of the english server its called npc1.txt... Put that into the DLG folder. Then start the folder..

From this point I'm trumped... If you type read .dlg\np1.txt or something like that then it will open and read npc1.txt (which is the english NPC text) but it sometimes wont work, or it will work half, and if you don't do something first then it screws the world. . Maybe someone could explain a lil?

But the Kodbase has nothing to do with NPC talkage. The kodbase only has all of the classes in your version of meridian, and the resources, and messages that correspond to those classes. If you change that you will have problems with saving accounts/seeing characters.

There is one way to tell if anything in your server is missing / wrong / corrupt is by opening the server, creating an account and a character on the account (create account admin <> <> ... create admin #) then forcing a save then shutting down. If when you restart the server there is NO ACCOUNT or there is NO CHARACTER on the account, something in your server folders is fooked. I had the problem with my .bofs ... and I kept loosing my characters on the accounts.

Cheers

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ra,

Yeah man everything is great here too! I live in Tallahassee (FL) and my parents moved to Colorado. They moved the whole company, except for Pensacola so far up there. My 'rents are doing freaking awesome, the company is doing amazing.

Good for you guys, congrats on the house! I'm glad you're all doing good. I know what you mean with school bro lol, I'm in my 3rd year of double majoring so I'm getting to the classes that are Ducking hard, and the teachers are bitches ... lol I never thought I would actually see it (seen in movies) but my girlfriend who is studying to be a nurse, her teachers actually tape lectures and put them online.... What school are you going to?

Man seeing that picture of the old days (first vers. VALE) was amazing! If anyone could start up a vale server or give me a vale server I think I would freak, lol I loved the days of the first meridian when all the characters were weird lookin, man I LOVED that version (gold plate lol)...

It's crazy how much I remember from meridian lol! - And I am by NO MEANS considered a god or anything lol, but I did know ALOT from your brothers, from running a server for 3 years before I even MET your brothers lol, I can't wait until NDS dies and we can run a server willingly. LOL - Then maybe then I will run my own server again, because 0 has a T1 in his house now in CO, I could run one from there easily lol.. It sounds like NDS will die soon, looking at Gilcon.net it looks like people are starting to take NDS, PC and Q for what they really are... Twats...

They all flammed me when I offerd to PC and Q to take control of the server for free so they could take ALL proceeds from accounts and put it into the game, and now look at them. THey all play on a server with no interaction, we have (and had) FREEpirate servers with better compatability, content and bloody service than these people pay 10 dollars for. It really pisses me off that they continue to pay! LOL but whatever thats the cycle I guess. Just another version of 3do.

But the reason I am rambling on is I am sitting here in my car at school waiting for the point at which my Advisors open so I can go and talk to them lol! so...

Cyar

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Aight meridian59.net is now up and running again, sorry for the delay. but there is something wrong with the wiki and im working on it.
also the forum had a rollback, since we had to move it we never got the new posts and all so i am sorry about that :( but not it is working again atleast so no, NDS didnt pwn us this time :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ahh man you lost my post about the username and password to the FTP!

lol... I'll have to find that again sometime.. unless someone already has.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ya i know :( a few days were lost.. but sorry i cant take it back, old things is gone now

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I also am having troubles accessing both the website and forums... but maybe its me.. lol

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now both the website and forum should work. If it doesn't I guess the dns server you use has not been updates yet, so it might take a day or two before it works for everyone..but if you use opendns like I do it should work now

Back