Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Arctic Combat] WarfareEmu C# .NET 4.6 Emulator Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've always been interested in Arctic Combat (Battle Territory Battery: Arctic Wind) since it first came out, as there's not any other known free-to-play shooters with the same mechanics and gameplay I decided to emulate it last week.

I've made some progress which I believe is the hardest part. I've gotten to know the packet structures and wrote a C# emulator base just for figuring out the packets. As the game was always released using debug built binaries it's extremely easy to figure out what the packet structures are, what data types are used and debug the libraries/executables.

I haven't decided on the project details as this is for research purposes for the time being. I've not done much work on this as it's only been a week but for now as I have little memory of how the game functioned when it was still available to play I will require help.

Feel free to PM or add me on Discord EDITz#0001 if you're interested and have some of the bellow requirements:
  • Have played Arctic Combat and reasonable amount of knowledge about the game.
  • Have C# programming experience.
  • Have basic but preferably prior experience with reverse engineering software.
Some screenshots..
Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Since all the official servers for Arctic Combat are now closed it'll take me longer to emulate it. I'm also not 100% dedicated to this project as I've got other things going on.. so there is no Alpha/Beta date.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, I just registered out of interest. I was one of the devs for the Arctic Wind remake. Are you remaking this in Unreal, or Unity?
Also, why C#?

I'll message you on discord as well if you'd rather reply there.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is not a remake as it wouldn't ever be the same. I'm only writing a in C# which then the official client can connect to it.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is not a remake as it wouldn't ever be the same. I'm only writing a in C# which then the official client can connect to it.

Ah, I gotcha. What're your intentions with this?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ah, I gotcha. What're your intentions with this?
Just to better myself with reverse engineering and help out the Arctic Combat community by maybe bringing back a stable server. Depends how far I get with this..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just to better myself with reverse engineering and help out the Arctic Combat community by maybe bringing back a stable server. Depends how far I get with this..

Haha oh boy, we used to think we were doing the same thing when we released this -

Turns out, all that's left is the Brazilian kids crying about lag while playing on an NA server.

You've also done an exceptional job on this, especially considering not a single other person has managed to reverse engineer anything on AC. I'd love to help you out, but I don't know anything about reverse engineering either. You should definitely keep us updated on your progress.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'd love to help you out, but I don't know anything about reverse engineering either. You should definitely keep us updated on your progress.
You can add me on Discord or let me know which IM Service you use more often. I'll still need help with how features worked and to test it out with another player.. (Better than launching two instances of the game)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can add me on Discord or let me know which IM Service you use more often. I'll still need help with how features worked and to test it out with another player.. (Better than launching two instances of the game)

Added! I'll talk to you more on there. :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Did you can release the source of files for us then we can work all on them and will send echother some source for some special things.

I want the files

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey @EDITz I'm not a total noob, I don't have really any experience with reverse engineering but I am very fluent in C#. I use C# on a day to day basis, inside and outside of the unity Engine.

my skype is MindlessZ0mbi3

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey again. Do you still have the client/client installer?
I'm trying to see what else we can rip, but it's beyond difficult to find the version of the game that had the summer desert eagle and so forth.
I'm hoping to find more unreleased maps/weapons.

Please feel free to add me on discord qmqz#4613, I'd add you but yours is no longer valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back