[DMO] DMO Emulator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MemberRank
    Feb 2016 Join Date
    Campo Grande (MLocation
    5Posts

Re: [Development] DMO Emulator

[DMO] DMO Emulator
    After days of trying, I found the link. Thank you to those who at least tried ^^.
    Last edited by Cainan Kenji; 13-03-16 at 08:48 AM. Reason: I found what i needed.

MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    3Posts

Re: [DMO] DMO Emulator

progress ?

ModeratorRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    Jaú, BrazilLocation
    2,390Posts

It is stopped for months.
    We stopped because we needed to figure out some way to read the 3d maps and make a collision system to spawn monsters correctly. Also, because of my college.

Any help on this is highly welcome, we might consider get back to work, (me and cainan.)

MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    6Posts

i hope you can make more advances
    im just a simple user

MemberRank
    Sep 2012 Join Date
    19Posts

I can only suggest going open-source. I have an emulator project I'd love to see working, but I can't do it alone. I went open-source, and I hope someone will come along, who can help me. If you go open-source, it is likelier to find hep for your project. Especially, if you can't continue your work on it by yourself, like it is stopped for months.

ModeratorRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    Jaú, BrazilLocation
    2,390Posts

Im not very used to open source. we put a lot of work. if any real developer wanted to code this emu, he would have posted here already. I dont think there is much interest on this beside regular players wanting a private server...

MemberRank
    Sep 2012 Join Date
    19Posts

You can never know.

But if you guys fail, and give up, you will most likely share the sources, so anybody later can pick it up and do that you couldn't. That would be reasonable.
    But if you guys succeed, you will have the sources only. That means only you can host a private server.
    That has a pro and a con, among others:
    Pro: One unified server for every player, not 100 small server with 10 player each.
    Con: Easier to shut down your service by a cease and desist.

The future is open-source, I'd recommend it.

True MemberRank
    Aug 2008 Join Date
    390Posts

Regarding the open source,
    I'm a coder (college degree and C# experience) and would love to see the source and see what I could do,
    but I wouldn't really be that comfortable joining the dev team.
    That's the advantage of open source.
    Other developers can just check out the project without any sort of obligations :)

Will there be people that only want the files to make a private server without coding anything?
    Yes, obviously.
    But, we are talking about an incomplete project, those kind of people will download the source,
    don't even know how to compile it and quit.

ModeratorRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    Jaú, BrazilLocation
    2,390Posts

Yes, but the problem lies when someone wants to dev an open source project and doesnt contribute back. He could fix the source and dont give it to anyone.

MemberRank
    Jan 2014 Join Date
    37Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SheenBR View Post
    Yes, but the problem lies when someone wants to dev an open source project and doesnt contribute back. He could fix the source and dont give it to anyone.
    80% of this community are just leachers trying to get sources. You've had great progress on your own why would you release it now? Wait for the time you need and finish it yourself is my opinion.

MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    61Posts

Is this project still open?

MemberRank
    Jan 2021 Join Date
    1Posts

donde puedo conseguir los archivos para montar un servidor privado para uso personal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement