Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Graphic Work/PHP/Flash AS2] 1320Challenge Drag Racing Game Team Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
What's up guys. Forgot about this site for quite awhile, but remembered it as my team and I are about half way done with our project, but we need some help...

History on the game
1320Challenge originally started off as Nitto 1320 Challenge. Created by CIE Studios in 2001, closed down in 2007, my friends and I (all classic players from the time), are trying to recreate the game basically from the ground up. Some of the files we have were pre-created from a guy on Freelancer, but he got frustrated with the size of the project, handed his files over for free and stopped development. He was about 1/5th the way complete. We now have full account sign up, Login, Car Garage loading, Basic Tuning, Paint Shop and Community In-Game chat working...

Here's the current Line-Up (by username, real names given if you join the team)
  • TechX (me)
    Head Admin, Overseer of the project, Main Flash Actionscript 2 programmer/designer
  • McBane
    Co-Admin, PHP Programmer, Sole programmer of the entire Community Chat portion of the game
  • MrG
    Hired the guy from Freelancer originally, then we started to help
  • 92CivicRacer
    Graphic Design work, removes branding, such as Nitto's tire branding, from the game
  • Xpl0it
    Helps with checking for programming exploits that could cause future issues with the game
  • Kinard
    Community manager, does some graphic work as well
  • BoostedSkyline
    Another graphic designer, made a few cars for the game (when he can, has school now, can't help)
  • SecretAgent
    Community Admin, helps oversea the game running smoothly

Now as you can see, there's only 2 of us who actually do any programming. This is a large game with hours of work left. 92CivicRacer (main graphics guy) and I both have a child who will be born very soon and our time is minimal, but we have a community of over 1000 people already (We only started this a few months ago) who are waiting for updates and the completion of the game.

We don't have much funding, just donations here and there that magically appear. We're hoping for a profit down the road when we start our own game in Unity3D, but that's at least a year or so off.

Our Biggest Goal
Racing completed. Currently, we have NO CODE for racing except for players able to run their cars on a "practice track" of sorts. The AI cars just don't move and we honestly can't figure out why. This is another reason we need a ton of help. Racing either needs a COMPLETE recode, or we just need to work backwards (saving races, sending live races, etc.) and hope it works on completion of the PHP communication files. We are hoping for completion by April-June 2018 for the entire game.

What Do We Need From You?
  • Advanced PHP Knowledge
    Someone who can work off of and duplicate another coders methods to keep things clean
  • Flash CS3 ActionScript 2 Programmer
    Pick up my slack that will occur once my son is born, thank you immensely if you offer!
  • Basic-Advanced Graphic Design help
    Creation of new cars, new GUI, removal of brand logos

What Can I Give You In Return for Helping?
  • We did a limited edition sticker printing when we first started development. If you're in the 48 States, I can send you one clean and clear.
  • Any profits we start to gain, there is a plan to split them, just depends on how much it is and how much you're helping
  • Any future merch (have some really cool ideas) or merch you design we can sell on site and we share profits. If you create it, you get most of the proft. Depends on the item, cost to ship, and cost to make.

Contacting Us
  • Facebook Page:
  • YouTube Channel:
  • Email: Beta@1320challenge.com

Can't wait to hear from you, hopefully you can become a big part of a future success! Thanks! (not sure why those 2 dots are at the bottom of the post...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back