Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Hiring/Paying] Icelex Game Publishing/Development hiring Coders, Artists and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ThaDignity - [Hiring/Paying] Icelex Game Publishing/Development hiring Coders, Artists and more - RaGEZONE Forums

Hello everyone!

Guess what?
We're Hiring! Although you probably got that from the title.. but anyway lets start with the formalities first, in case this is the first thread of ours that you have read.

About Us
Icelex, founded in 2011, is one of the newest game publishers/ developers.
With the game industry evolving from the initial explosive development phase towards maturation, Icelex will take full advantage of the tremendous potential of the European and US market and our competitive edge in online Internet technology and strive to become the leader of the next generation in the game industry and the biggest game publisher/developer in the world. Icelex wants to be one of the only publishers to actually have 24/7 live support!

You can find our website at:

Positions Available

Coder-> POSITION FILLED
POSITION FILLED
We need a person who will be able fix and write things for us that range from day-to-day maintenance or an update of a specific item in our servers. We expect our coders to be able to be fluent in multiple coding languages such as API, PHP, CSS and HTML. Knowledge of other languages is a plus. We can provide more information on this at a later date if your application is sucessful.

Artist
We need talented artists who can work on schedules that will usually be very dependent on how much free time our artists have as we know that each of them have their own responsibilties. Our artists will be part of the core team and work under the creative director (who is not me as I really fail at art). We expect applicants to be able to produce some of their art along with their application and expect them to be able to work in a very...how shall I say it....unique environment.

Live Support-> ALMOST FILLED
ALMOST FILLED
To maintain Icelex's goal of 24/7 live support we need a lot of live support operators in different time zones. The reason for our goal is because we originally started as gamers ourselves and we hated the fact that sometimes we could not get good enough support or atleast support when we needed it and we had to wait till they actually opened. We expect our applicants to live support staff to be able to have a conversation in english with well done grammar and so forth. You will be expected to check in and check out in a private forum so we can keep tabs on the hours that you have been online as we MAY give out rewards for the people who do a set amount of hours per day.

Marketing Staff
To expand and help Icelex rise up the rankings as a game publisher we need a dedicated team of Marketing staff that can help create marketing plans and create negotiations with other game developers to make sure we try and get a chance to get their game on our site. Applicants will be expected to be able to write documents around about two pages including diagrams. This will come under the Marketing Director and he will give you advice and help when needed.

More positions will be available soon.

Requirements
We're pretty lenient, so there aren't that many requirements. The main requirements are some kind of experience in the position you're applying for, or exceptional talent in that area. You have to have skype since that's our main means of communication. Besides that you have to be pretty active, and notify us when you can't be very active. Other than that the only other requirement is that you have to be able to function properly around other people.

Application Form - Either to be posted here or PM'ed to me

Name:
What are you applying for?:
Contact Information (skype):
Link to Portfolio, if necessary:
Why do you want to work for us?:
What is your experience in your chosen position?:
Can you work in a Team Environment?:
What does the word Team mean to you?:
Other information, if you think it is necessary:

Rewards
We don't expect people to work for us out of kindheartedness, so naturally we'll also reward people for the jobs they'll be hired for. The rewards for the various position differ from each other, with the more important positions earning a share of the profit, and the lower ones some other kind of reward

Final Comments

If you have any queries please do not hesisitate to send me a PM or email(bob@icelexgames.com) or even a skype (bobbiebest1) message and I will contact you within 24 hours.

ThaDignity - [Hiring/Paying] Icelex Game Publishing/Development hiring Coders, Artists and more - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tell me more about the Artist Position, is that like GFx/Designer? our work is only related with graphics for the website/forum/patchlogs/news etc..?
You're network needs a new website really fast. You know that the website design counts a lot, he is the face of your network.

Last edited:
Extreme Coder - Delphi
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Name: Wasif Leonhart

What are you applying for?: Artist

Cinema4d Work - http://forum.ragezone.com/f119/c4d-pokeballs-1st-attempt-840108/
After Effects work - http://forum.ragezone.com/f119/video-design-pokemonmmo-promo-838667/

Why do you want to work for us?: I have been out of the mmo game for about 4 years, I started as a programmer, and built many applications for private servers. But school and college were in the way so I couldn't further my self in private server development. Now I have the spare time to help out with communities, produce anything that is necessary, also I heard the positions are paid :)?

What is your experience in your chosen position?: I have about 2 years experience in Graphics, but unfortunately most of my work have been lost.

Can you work in a Team Environment?: Most certainly yes, working in a team helps with efficiency and also makes it fun.

What does the word Team mean to you?: Group of people working together to achieve the same goal.

Other information, if you think it is necessary: I have 5 years worth of programming experience, but im a bit rusty, at the moment :p.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tell me more about the Artist Position, is that like GFx/Designer? our work is only related with graphics for the website/forum/patchlogs/news etc..?
You're network needs a new website really fast. You know that the website design counts a lot, he is the face of your network.

Yeah, that's. The work will be varied though, ranging from small designs to wallpapers and event images.

We already have a new website design ready, but we're currently trying to find a coder who can code the payment/login systems as well as other things before we're going to implement it, because otherwise it'd just look strange.

I will look over the applications when I get home.

Name: Wasif Leonhart

What are you applying for?: Artist

Cinema4d Work - http://forum.ragezone.com/f119/c4d-pokeballs-1st-attempt-840108/
After Effects work - http://forum.ragezone.com/f119/video-design-pokemonmmo-promo-838667/

Why do you want to work for us?: I have been out of the mmo game for about 4 years, I started as a programmer, and built many applications for private servers. But school and college were in the way so I couldn't further my self in private server development. Now I have the spare time to help out with communities, produce anything that is necessary, also I heard the positions are paid :)?

What is your experience in your chosen position?: I have about 2 years experience in Graphics, but unfortunately most of my work have been lost.

Can you work in a Team Environment?: Most certainly yes, working in a team helps with efficiency and also makes it fun.

What does the word Team mean to you?: Group of people working together to achieve the same goal.

Other information, if you think it is necessary: I have 5 years worth of programming experience, but im a bit rusty, at the moment :p.

Looks very interesting, could you give me your skype username, so we can talk a little more?

Updated the post once again

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Name:
Max Olsén
Live Supporter
Contact Information:
Msn: Cookiebreed@live.se
Support work will be a big part of my daily work once im done with my education. Working here would bring a good experience in it in a fun way. Your network looks promising and don't really have the "we will close in two weeks" aura over it.
Also there is a possibility i could earn a little money by doing something I enjoy.
I've been working as a Game Master on various game servers. Doing support work have always beena big part of the Game Master work.
I've also worked on a Swedish Phone company Called Telenor as a Live Chat supporter last summer.
Yes I can.
For me it is a group of people working together in order to reach their goal and divide the work between eachother in order to clear the goal easier and faster.
None that I can think of. Feel free to ask me if you wonder anything or if something is unclear.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Name:
Brandon Rooney
Live Support
Contact Information:
Msn: roonzilla123@yahoo.com
Okay, firstly I'd just like to say "Yes, I am 13 however, I have experience in live support for several sites, and I would be happy to help yours!" I would like to work with Icelax because I see a bright future for it. The name is appealing and will attract users 24/7. I will do my VERY best to help the users if/when they need help. Besides, you seem like a pretty nice guy and I would be honored to work for you, this is the greatest way to begin my future of success! :D
Multiple habbo retros, Minecraft servers and Terraria servers. With me having knowledge of a variety of games that should give me a '+1'. I have always been able to deal with pressure and I am a very quick typer which would equal a quick solution to a problem/question/feedback. I've always considered a team to be more like a family (kinda, I've never really had a family as my father is dead and my mam is paralyzed, but that is all I will say...) I would treat all of the team as if they were people I have known for years, which would help me be more communicative towards Icelax!
As said above, I believe I am very good at working in a team enviroment! (Y)
People, friends, family, partners, that work together to make a quick acting team to improve the sites "eagle-eye view", who also have the ability to work with each other and understand what others are saying. Have good interpretation skills.
No, sorry. I think I pretty much covered everything. This is a big application, I hope my age doesn't affect my chances.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,
Brandon|RoonZilla|13.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Name: Karl Viiburg
What are you applying for?: Coder
Contact Information: skype: karl.viiburg email: karl.viiburg@gmail.com
Aquru Entertainment -
DeathHound Network (incomplete) -
WebXMania -
Why do you want to work for us?: I like to code new and challenging things. I want to put myself to teh test and always get better and better
I have worked with HTML/CSS for over 4 years, PHP/MySQL for over 3 years and JS/JQuery/AJAX/XML for over 1 year. I am familiar with the CodeIgniter platform, PayPal and YouTube API. Currently I am studying HTML5/CSS3
Can you work in a Team Environment?: Yes I can
What does the word Team mean to you?: A team to me is defined a group of people who work together to reach towards the same objetive. A team sticks together no matter what.
Other information, if you think it is necessary: None

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The Coder position has been filled.

Also, we'll be checking out the other applications later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back